AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   DIY Speakers and Subs (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/)
-   -   Inuke's on sale! (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1515340-inuke-s-sale.html)

ozziedog 01-31-2014 09:50 PM

If anyone is needing an amp Sweetwater is having a sale right now.
Inuke3000dsp. $279
Inuke6000dsp. $399
Inuke NU4-6000. $349

And so on. All Inuke's on sale.

bass addict 01-31-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziedog View Post

If anyone is needing an amp Sweetwater is having a sale right now.
Inuke3000dsp. $279
Inuke6000dsp. $399
Inuke NU4-6000. $349

And so on. All Inuke's on sale.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I was just about ready to order another EP4000 but this direction will work just fine.

Does anyone remember if the Inukes have a roll off?

Scott Simonian 01-31-2014 10:10 PM

Sssshhhhiiiiiittttt!!

redface.gif

chalugadp 01-31-2014 10:11 PM

Sales are good eek.gif

Scott Simonian 01-31-2014 10:42 PM

Sheesh! It figures! The only one I am interested in is not in stock. rolleyes.gif

MrMky 01-31-2014 10:47 PM

Can these be used with an AVR, or do you need to use a pre amp?

chalugadp 01-31-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMky View Post

Can these be used with an AVR, or do you need to use a pre amp?
If your avr has preouts then yes

bass addict 01-31-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMky View Post

Can these be used with an AVR, or do you need to use a pre amp?

I'm assuming you're using this as a sub amp? If so than any ol receiver with a sub out will work just fine.

Martycool007 02-01-2014 06:10 AM

Does anyone know if the iNuke1000dsp is on sale, and if so, how much does it cost? I am trying to find a good deal on an iNuke1000dso and would definitely be open to buying used in case anyone has one to get rid of!

cmryan821 02-01-2014 07:56 AM

Amazon has the 3000dsp and 6000dsp for the same prices. Nu4-6000 is apparently not on sale.

ozziedog 02-01-2014 08:59 AM

Marty,
They have the 1000 dsp for $199

laeriq 02-01-2014 10:06 AM

So I have 4 SI D2's that will be going into two boxes two drivers each. Between the 6400 and the 6000, which is the better option for my setup? I've used the DSP in the inuke before and like it but I also have a mic2200 and anti mode along with xt32 in the receiver so I feel covered in the eq region. So I guess it comes down to this-

6000 doing 8 ohm stereo at ~1100W per channel so ~550W per driver if they are wired together for an 8 ohm load.

6400 4X 620W RMS 820W Peak at 4ohm to each individual driver.

I'm assuming that the 6000 won't do 2 ohm stereo so this seems to be the best guess for my case. All opinions and corrections appreciated!

BassThatHz 02-01-2014 10:39 AM

Sweet! (pun intended) smile.gif

bass addict 02-01-2014 11:09 AM

I was ready to order the Inuke and I noticed the EP4000 on Amazon has dropped back down a bit. It's been 375 for quite some time now and it's been lowered to 330.00.

rr14 02-01-2014 12:20 PM

How do you guys like the dsp on these? Is it possible to set a subsonic filter?

corradizo 02-01-2014 12:38 PM

Ordered one 3000dsp yesterday! Ships from ft. Wayne, in so should hit my door today.

andy497 02-01-2014 12:54 PM

Awesome! Can't believe I'm getting an Nu4-6000 for just tree-fiddy.

^Above: Yes, nu6000dsp is perfect for 4 SI 18s. I have D4s so wired series to yield four 8-ohm loads, then paralleled two per speakon so the amp sees two 4-ohm loads. Thats ~1000 real RMS watts per driver give or take, and seems to be about a perfect match.

^Above: I find the built in dsp to be awesome. I have a plain dsp1124p as well, but a nice usb interface with software on computer is cool, as is the ability to do more fancy stuff than just eq, like for example simulate a Linkwitz Transform via shelf filter + PEQ. What exactly do you mean by "subsonic" filter? High pass and/or low pass? Yes for sure, 12 db/octave and 24 db/octave, with the caveat that 20hz is as low as you can go. (You can however push that lower with filter combinations: search the post by LTD to find out how).

rr14 02-01-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy497 View Post

Awesome! Can't believe I'm getting an Nu4-6000 for just tree-fiddy.

^Above: Yes, nu6000dsp is perfect for 4 SI 18s. I have D4s so wired series to yield four 8-ohm loads, then paralleled two per speakon so the amp sees two 4-ohm loads. Thats ~1000 real RMS watts per driver give or take, and seems to be about a perfect match.

^Above: I find the built in dsp to be awesome. I have a plain dsp1124p as well, but a nice usb interface with software on computer is cool, as is the ability to do more fancy stuff than just eq, like for example simulate a Linkwitz Transform via shelf filter + PEQ. What exactly do you mean by "subsonic" filter? High pass and/or low pass? Yes for sure, 12 db/octave and 24 db/octave, with the caveat that 20hz is as low as you can go. (You can however push that lower with filter combinations: search the post by LTD to find out how).

yes, I currently have a crown, but the crossover on that one only goes down to 50hz. For my infinite baffle speakers the roll off of the amp is fine. But I did want to know for a ported 13.av.2 ED speaker I built.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the 6000dsp. That's a pretty awesome deal. I'm guessing about 2000 watts rms times 2 for the 6000 @ 4 ohms?

gworrel 02-01-2014 01:54 PM

I just bought an NU1000dsp on eBay for $190 shipped just yesterday. Uniquesquared has them listed for $224.99. I made a best offer of $165.00. They counteroffered with $199.00. I countered with $190 and they accepted. They might have taken even less. Ebay also had a 10% coupon for my account (not sure if everyone gets one), so my net cost was $171.00. I also had eBay bucks based on prior purchases so it was even cheaper.

mbw23air 02-01-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr14 View Post

yes, I currently have a crown, but the crossover on that one only goes down to 50hz. For my infinite baffle speakers the roll off of the amp is fine. But I did want to know for a ported 13.av.2 ED speaker I built.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the 6000dsp. That's a pretty awesome deal. I'm guessing about 2000 watts rms times 2 for the 6000 @ 4 ohms?

I think I read that it measured around 2100 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms. Ordered this amp last night.

Mike

filtor1 02-01-2014 02:03 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know if PE will price match these?

gworrel 02-01-2014 02:14 PM

Is anyone aware of any issues using the Inuke series into 2 ohm loads? Or using bridged into 4 ohms? I am doing a dipole array of 8 RS225-8 per side that will give me 4 ohms net. I was thinking one Inuke NU1000 bridged per side for 1000 watts each array. I was also going to use an NU1000dsp to power a single Dayton Ultimax 18 (when they get here) in a Velodyne ULD-18 enclosure of 6 cubic feet. That would be 2 x 500 into the 2 ohm voicecoils.

I have looked but cannot find any actual third party measurements of the NU1000. Has anyone seen any somewhere? Thanks.

HopefulFred 02-01-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

I was ready to order the Inuke and I noticed the EP4000 on Amazon has dropped back down a bit. It's been 375 for quite some time now and it's been lowered to 330.00.
Looks like amazon has matched sweetwater.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Behringer-EP4000-Professional-Accelerated-Technology/product/B001U5JFNM?context=browse

smokarz 02-01-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziedog View Post

If anyone is needing an amp Sweetwater is having a sale right now.
Inuke3000dsp. $279
Inuke6000dsp. $399
Inuke NU4-6000. $349

And so on. All Inuke's on sale.


OK. I am at a lost where do you get these sale prices?

Questions.

I currently have an EP2500 powering 4 sealed subs, which iNuke would be the ideal replacement?

I see that the iNukes are using speak-on connection? Do I need to get some sort of conversion cables?

Thanks

rr14 02-01-2014 03:13 PM

just joined the party! I ordered an inuke 6000 dsp. I'm moving from a crown xls 1500 which is currently powering my 2 Elemental designs 18" infinite baffle subs. I'm going to power those off one channel and I may have to buy 2 more 18's to join them on the other channel!

cmryan821 02-01-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post


I see that the iNukes are using speak-on connection? Do I need to get some sort of conversion cables?

Thanks
Just get some speakon connectors. A little bit of a pain if you're using 12awg or 10awg wire, but still really simple.

ozziedog 02-01-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

OK. I am at a lost where do you get these sale prices?

Straight from their website.

Martycool007 02-01-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gworrel View Post

Is anyone aware of any issues using the Inuke series into 2 ohm loads? Or using bridged into 4 ohms? I am doing a dipole array of 8 RS225-8 per side that will give me 4 ohms net. I was thinking one Inuke NU1000 bridged per side for 1000 watts each array. I was also going to use an NU1000dsp to power a single Dayton Ultimax 18 (when they get here) in a Velodyne ULD-18 enclosure of 6 cubic feet. That would be 2 x 500 into the 2 ohm voicecoils.

I have looked but cannot find any actual third party measurements of the NU1000. Has anyone seen any somewhere? Thanks.

The iNuke1000 is likely a little small for the UM18. I would go with the iNuke3000dsp for the price that they are going for ATM, can't be beat! Also, have you modeled the UM18 in the UDL-18 enclosure to make sure it's a suitable habitat for the UM18? That might be a problem that could easily be fixed with a 4cufy flat pack from DIYSG!

jpmst3 02-01-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 View Post

Just get some speakon connectors. A little bit of a pain if you're using 12awg or 10awg wire, but still really simple.

+1

Once you make the switch to the Speakon connectors you will never go back. So sweet!

gworrel 02-01-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

The iNuke1000 is likely a little small for the UM18. I would go with the iNuke3000dsp for the price that they are going for ATM, can't be beat! Also, have you modeled the UM18 in the UDL-18 enclosure to make sure it's a suitable habitat for the UM18? That might be a problem that could easily be fixed with a 4cufy flat pack from DIYSG!

I think you are right about the NU1000. I am considering the NU-4-6000 which seems to be two NU3000s in one chassis. But no DSP version, which would come in handy for the standalone sub.

The Velo ULD-18 enclosure is about 6.3 cubic feet. It is 1" mdf all around. In WinIsd I get about 2 dB more output at 10Hz in 6.3 cubic feet than in a 4 cubic foot box. So it should work great.

Interestingly, the original Velodyne woofer, no slouch in its day, had a volume displacement of 2.1 liters. The UM18-22 has a vd of 6 liters. At first I didn't see how that was possible given similar cone areas. But the Velodyne literature says 3/4" of linear cone travel. Parts Express says over 2" of total cone travel. "Over 2"" is about 3 times .75", so triple the volume displacement. The Velodyne woofer must have had an xmax of about 7-9mm.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.