REW Measurements...please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2014, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So I FINALLY made a decision on some speakers!!!! I had decided on Tempests but, LONG story short, was going to wait but came across these and they were such a crazy amazing deal I couldn't pass them up!! JBL 3677's and some JBL 8330's for surrounds. I will give a review in another thread, but I must say I am completely FLOORED. I am sure the Tempests may have been better for some things, but these were such a deal I couldn't say no.

Anyway, now the hard part begins. I am a firm believer that getting the speakers into the room is the easy part...it's what you do after the fact that makes the biggest differences. I decided to start with some simple measurements. So I have been taking some measurements with REW and was wondering if you guys could take a look and see why they look so freakin jacked. Or maybe they don't? Here is an averaged response (L + R) with the THT and the JBL's crossed at 60hz and Audyssey ON (No dynamic EQ, dynamic volume, etc.). I read the REW guide to get some help on setting everything up. I am running them off a Denon 1713 with Audyssey Multi EQ XT and the THT with a BASH 300W plate amp.

I'm not sure what is causing that ridiculous dip at 30hz...I know I probably need to play with some placement but wanted to get a baseline first. I can move the THT around but would like to keep it behind the screen back there if possible. Here is a very simple diagram of the room.

The THT is now currently against the wall with the mouth approximately 18" from the corner. Let me know if more measurements would help as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 378
First, cross at 80hz imo.

Second, post a full measurement of just one channel (L or R) Smooth it by 1/6 or 1/3 and post that as well, or just upload the REW file. Make sure the limits are set to 20,000.

After running Audyssey it should be a bit smoother than that. You might need to EQ the sub flat on its own before running Audyssey, which I had to with my sealed subs.

You're going to have room modes and reflections that you can only do so much with.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2014, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Perfect...I have all those measurements and I'll get them posted in a few when I get home.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-01-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkwaz View Post

Perfect...I have all those measurements and I'll get them posted in a few when I get home.

Cross at 80 then take new measurements wink.gif

Make sure you have your speakers set to small
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Room Equilizer Wizard Rew

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page