Looking for a DIY build around $400 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
So for this..would anyone else recommend something other than the martycube in the MartySub Flatpack thread? I am assuming the info.measurements in the martysub flatpack thread are what I would need to use?

My only other question which I have been researching and finding some info on, but not a complete solution is how the heck to connect this thing up. I would be using the RCA sub out on my receiver...then into the inuke then into the sub...
What exactly do I need to accomplish this running the amp in bridged mode and having a series wiring for the sub?

Never mind, I think I found what I need in the martysub thread:
1 RCA to XLR cable or connector to go from receiver to amp:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O4D/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Speakon cable to go from amp to sub:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E1U4WY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Speakon mounting plate on sub:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067JSFK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So now I am trying to figure out how to use the amp in bridged mode and found this thread, but am a little confused:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1386895/wiring-inuke-nu3000dsp-up-for-bridged-mode

It looks like I would put the amp in bridged mode and hook in the speakon connector to channel A output and then I get lost with the 1+ pos and 2+ Neg, does this have to do with where I run wires off of the mounting plate?
Do I run run my positive wire off the 1+ terminal and negative wire off the 2+ terminal? Is that correct?

Looks like from the diagram I run the negative (2+) terminal to the negative on one voicecoil... and the positive (1+) to the positive on the subs other voice coil and them join the the other negative and positive together?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Any comments?
post #183 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If your looking for something a bit smaller I started a thread when I was looking that answers every question you just asked and has the exact cuts for a Marty but a bit skinnier and taller. I posted a link in this thread once also.
post #184 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 PM

And the Inuke comes with a manual that will show you how to hook up bridged or anything else. And you don't have to have a speakon connecter for the box, can cut to bare wire and use any speaker terminal if its easier for you. Is cleaner though.
post #185 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocks View Post

If your looking for something a bit smaller I started a thread when I was looking that answers every question you just asked and has the exact cuts for a Marty but a bit skinnier and taller. I posted a link in this thread once also.
Yeah..thanks for that..I have ran through your thread once or twice and that was part of the info above
post #186 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

And the Inuke comes with a manual that will show you how to hook up bridged or anything else. And you don't have to have a speakon connecter for the box, can cut to bare wire and use any speaker terminal if its easier for you. Is cleaner though.
I think I want to go speakon..looks cool and never used it before
post #187 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM

I agree, but if your planning on having it flush against a wall for tight space then plan on it sticking out.
post #188 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I agree, but if your planning on having it flush against a wall for tight space then plan on it sticking out.
Nah..can't put it flush anyway with the base molding. .good point though for sure
post #189 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

As a side note...I also went with the 18 in case when I move to the downstairs room..I may have a bigger space to build a bigger box such as a full marty and get even more out of the sub
post #190 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Steve and splotten. Thanks for all your help..I think we all know from the start I was probably going to end up building a martycube. . Thanks for your patience and helping me learn and understand more. . You guys are awesome... any last input or suggestions Before I start a build?
post #191 of 197 Old 03-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 43
At this point I dont have much to add. I think advice regarding setting it all up when you get as far is better left to Cahluga/LTD and others that actually have one. Good luck wink.gif
post #192 of 197 Old 03-05-2014, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnconync View Post

Steve and splotten. Thanks for all your help..I think we all know from the start I was probably going to end up building a martycube. . Thanks for your patience and helping me learn and understand more. . You guys are awesome... any last input or suggestions Before I start a build?

Yeah! have fun and enjoy your new sub, I have no doubt you will really like it. It was a stretch alright but your final conclusion about building larger was a thought I had also if you ever wanted to try out a lower tuned rig. The next sub I build is going to be a cross between the supercube and something LTD posted a few weeks back that I was looking for in my last build but couldn't quite put my finger on. I went with the black top and should have went with the black top and front with the edge/top of the side panels veneered.

I’ll be going with a 15” that I have since I’ll be able to tune lower and not go so large since my room isn't that large. My 15” will hang with some 18”s though on account of power and xmax. Truth is though if I were starting out in DIY I would want to go with the largest driver I could knowing how I used to be. If you have all sizes on hand it can be different. I never will forget when I sold a couple 15”s that were tuned higher and started out with my first ID 12” SVS CS+ tuned to 25hz. That was low back then and I was floored. So your 20ish tuned rig I have no doubt will astound you compared to what you have. 20hz is a fine tune with room gain although my preference is lower but none the same you’re going to be sitting very good and quite wowed I’m totally sure.

bass addict likes this.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #193 of 197 Old 03-05-2014, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Cool.. thanks guys. .. yeah I think I don't know what I'm really in for. ...haha.. I'm jumping from 10" 33hz tuned to this monster. ..I appreciate your help again. .I also figured I'll start at the big end rather than 2 12 's and feel like I want more again or want to upgrade later..haha the infinity build was tempting. . But I wanted to hit the lows a little more and it seems larger sub us better to get lower for the money..I just remember reading lots of comments when researching to buy my first one and the comments on having the super lows in movies and how it adds another layer to the sound and all..I've liked my vx11s for the time I have had them..time to jump ship now smile.gif
post #194 of 197 Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

You made a good decision no doubt about it. Size is always a consideration (it certainly is with me now). I just would rather loose a little off the top end and add it down lower is all for a flatter response, nothing more, nothing less. Like said, you're sitting good at 20 although a little roll but you can add dsp since you''ll have plenty of headroom. Do you plan on a build thread?

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
Denon
PS3
post #195 of 197 Old 03-05-2014, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

You made a good decision no doubt about it. Size is always a consideration (it certainly is with me now). I just would rather loose a little off the top end and add it down lower is all for a flatter response, nothing more, nothing less. Like said, you're sitting good at 20 although a little roll but you can add dsp since you''ll have plenty of headroom. Do you plan on a build thread?
Yeah will start one once I get materials...everything but the drive is shipped out...then have to go get the wood...got glue and clamps and everything else...I think I'm just going to go with a plain MDF box for now and go the cheap route and paint it.
post #196 of 197 Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Nice renditions Steve.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #197 of 197 Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

Nice renditions Steve.

Those are LTD/John renditions as far as I knew when he posted. Looking a little closer maybe Kavinga came up with the larger one?? maybe chal to Kavinga?? Whatever the case I really like the looks of both with a lean to my own mid size with the veneered front and top edge side panels. I'll probably talk about it for six months before I actually do it though. : ) I'll see if I can talk LTD in doing one for me with new dimensions though.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
Denon
PS3
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page