Beast's First Ever "Ballin' Out" NC g2g April 5th!!!! - Page 12 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,145
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I think Austin's test dummy 24 would be best served for this type of abuse. It's already broken in. biggrin.gif

Haha, yeah...we stretched it's legs a bit...nice lil' warm up for sure.

I tried to talk Ricci in to coming, so he could take one home with him... I even offered one to Bosso for him to take home to have some fun with... Hell, I even tried to send YOU home with one!

I never thought farming a monster sub would be so hard... I was getting shut down left and right...Haha! (no longer accepting any takers, so don't ask)

tongue.gif

Maybe everyone was scared of it... Or maybe nobody felt comfortable with handing a brand new raw driver without any type of shipping protection. Regardless, I'm sure everyone visiting this thread will eventually make it a point to try to see/hear one for themselves and track impressions from others as they start to make their way across the country.... No...across the world.

I personally can't wait for Ricci's test either. biggrin.gif
popalock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-08-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Beast,

Are all your subs up front now? How does that work out as far as an even response in different seats? You plan on adding more in other parts of the room?
brian6751 is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post

Ricci doesn't have a 24" yet but he will get one soon. biggrin.gif

Not mine!!!!!!!eek.gif






biggrin.gif
Swolephile is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ChopShop1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Beast,

Are all your subs up front now? How does that work out as far as an even response in different seats? You plan on adding more in other parts of the room?

I'll let Brandon clarify, but he has the four d/o enclosures set at the 1/4 points height and wide...the response is undeniable!
ChopShop1 is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,388
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Man...I'm really regretting missing out on this one. Stupid schedule!

It's cool man, I am hooked now. Already looking at the schedule for another fun little g2g maybe sometime in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Bosso, do you have the sweeps?

I have the sweeps and some other great stuff to post. I just had another demo last night and then got sucked into the game. I will hopefully have time tonight to post up what all I have. One thing that I did notice and Paul and I confirmed with running another sweep was the first ones run had something going on with them. I am going to try and overlay my confirmed SH50 sweep with one of the Noesis sweeps as the one comparison we had was entirely too uniform across both speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I think Austin's test dummy 24 would be best served for this type of abuse. It's already broken in. biggrin.gif

mmmm crispy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Beast,

Are all your subs up front now? How does that work out as far as an even response in different seats? You plan on adding more in other parts of the room?

Yep, they had all been up front all along, other than the Shadow build. The response in the bass and having the subs at all the 1/4 points of the wall creates a bass array of sorts. The sound is quite uniform across all the seats. As bosso pointed out, you do get some more gain standing near the walls, but at the seats, everything is Bon.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,698
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

It's cool man, I am hooked now. Already looking at the schedule for another fun little g2g maybe sometime in the fall.

Please keep me in the loop if you, Brandon. This year I am setting aside a special "savings" for any particular item or event that catches my fancy.
Archaea likes this.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,388
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
You know it bud!!! Gotta get you at least a better heads-up than this last one smile.gif

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Gorilla83 is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,698
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

You know it bud!!! Gotta get you at least a better heads-up than this last one smile.gif

Hey, no worries. I'm only "slightly" (read: extremely) jealous. tongue.gif

It isn't typical for those of us to want to fly 3,000 miles for such a thing but I totally am! Hell I'd even drive.... if I had enough free time a much more fun and comfortable car. Wonder if I could borrow my dad's Jaguar XJL Supercharged? biggrin.gif

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ChopShop1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Highlight of Saturday morning



DELICIOUS!!

I'll take a waffle light
ChopShop1 is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East side of NW Cascades
Posts: 3,498
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

DeepDropper WooferBlower (Direct Download here)

It put's the song in the video to shame...

Joy of Minimal:


Opus Dei:


Bass I Love You:


BoomChek:


My Woofer-Popper track: (24db crest factor)


My THX Calibration track:


My DC (system blower) track: eek.gif



Boom Boom
Scott Simonian likes this.
BassThatHz is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,388
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Highlight of Saturday morning



DELICIOUS!!

Mhmm. That second waffle light is what made the day as awesome as it was. That is for sure....

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,145
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Hey, no worries. I'm only "slightly" (read: extremely) jealous. tongue.gif

It isn't typical for those of us to want to fly 3,000 miles for such a thing but I totally am! Hell I'd even drive.... if I had enough free time a much more fun and comfortable car. Wonder if I could borrow my dad's Jaguar XJL Supercharged? biggrin.gif

Do I smell a potential AVS Cannonball run in the making? East Coast and West Coast meet in the middle (KC)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

I'll take a waffle light

Romeo: "You wanna waffle liiiitte?
Beast: "No, I'll take a waffle light, please."
popalock is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ChopShop1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Do I smell a potential AVS Cannonball run in the making? East Coast and West Coast meet in the middle (KC)...
Romeo: "You wanna waffle liiiitte?
Beast: "No, I'll take a waffle light, please."

Aaaahhhhhahaha... I forgot about Romeo
ChopShop1 is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gorilla83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware County, PA
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Glad Austin reminded me in Jake's thread - the XXX getting DIRTY as Austin pillaged it with a 5hz sine:
its phillip likes this.
Gorilla83 is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,145
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Glad Austin reminded me in Jake's thread - the XXX getting DIRTY as Austin pillaged it with a 5hz sine:

Sexy dimples... but I think we could have got more out of her.

Damn, I had some cash in the car to cover beast for his loss too...lol.
popalock is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,388
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Leave me with a completely empty room, kill one of my RE's, and a questionable channel on the peavey. Man, who said it was a great g2g?!?!?!
Stumbo and Electrodynamic like this.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ChopShop1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Uh oh. We're going to have start a "reimburse the beast fund"
ChopShop1 is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,145
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

Uh oh. We're going to have start a "reimburse the beast fund"

+1. Pretty sure beast would only accept reimbursement in waffles.
popalock is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Leave me with a completely empty room, kill one of my RE's, and a questionable channel on the peavey. Man, who said it was a great g2g?!?!?!

After the way your 8 SIs stole the show, you won't be getting any sympathy from me. smile.gif

What about me with my once mighty LMS 5400s that went home crying like little girls after the beating they took at the hands of the HS24. smile.gif But I'll still enjoy them, especially now that I added 2 UXLs to the family.
dgage is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Say No to Auto EQ
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 8,388
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Man I can get a waffle light anytime I want. I want reimbursement in woofage!!!!! Haha. No actually,



Everything is back and in working order. I had another demo for our wedding band's lead singer than came by last night. We went over the playlist and all that jazz then had a quick demo of Through the Never "one" track that everyone loved so much, along with a couple others. He had never heard anything "even in a studio that sounded so good." I wasn't really surprised but it was just another cool accolade to add to the list over the last week!!

Now I just need to fill that big void in the center channel stand with something...>Hmmmmm Perhaps the XXX 18's? Hahah wink.gif

The Peavey is doing just fine and the only thing left really is to get the DCX settings all back and in good order.

So the only question is, do I really need to test the RE that was run to smoking to make sure it is fine? That might come later.... R.I.P. Shadow of the Beast biggrin.gif

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,145
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
The XXX is fine! Caught fire for a sec, then I backed off the MV, pissed on the VC's and went right back to cranking...stroke was smooth as silk.

Those things are beyond bulletproof.
popalock is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,698
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1170


biggrin.gif
popalock likes this.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chrapladm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,094
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Seems like you only need to build an even sturdier cabinet and put a single 24" under the center channel.biggrin.gif
chrapladm is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,899
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

After the way your 8 SIs stole the show, you won't be getting any sympathy from me. smile.gif

What about me with my once mighty LMS 5400s that went home crying like little girls after the beating they took at the hands of the HS24. smile.gif But I'll still enjoy them, especially now that I added 2 UXLs to the family.

Are you planning on doing DO 18s like beast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Man I can get a waffle light anytime I want. I want reimbursement in woofage!!!!! Haha. No actually,



Everything is back and in working order. I had another demo for our wedding band's lead singer than came by last night. We went over the playlist and all that jazz then had a quick demo of Through the Never "one" track that everyone loved so much, along with a couple others. He had never heard anything "even in a studio that sounded so good." I wasn't really surprised but it was just another cool accolade to add to the list over the last week!!

Now I just need to fill that big void in the center channel stand with something...>Hmmmmm Perhaps the XXX 18's? Hahah wink.gif

The Peavey is doing just fine and the only thing left really is to get the DCX settings all back and in good order.

So the only question is, do I really need to test the RE that was run to smoking to make sure it is fine? That might come later.... R.I.P. Shadow of the Beast biggrin.gif

Just throw the 24 back in!!
ambesolman is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

Are you planning on doing DO 18s like beast?
If I had room for DOs...I'd have room for a pair of HS24s but I don't....dammit. smile.gif I have the 2 LMS 5400s pictured in this thread flanking the center channel in a built-in at the front of the living room. My 3rd LMS 5400 is at the back right of the living room as an end table with the sub pointing down. The UXL-18s will go under the center of the couch with part of the enclosure under the center and the remaining airspace in an enclosure behind the couch from one end to the other. Will be a lot of bass that people won't know where it's coming from.
dgage is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,942
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Do I smell a potential AVS Cannonball run in the making? East Coast and West Coast meet in the middle (KC)...


^ Now you're talkin'!! biggrin.gif
carp is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East side of NW Cascades
Posts: 3,498
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 480
American Airlines wants $1000 just to ship my person to Scott's place, and we live in the same timezone!!! I'd rather just buy a 24" with that monies or more amplifier power (underpowered as-is).
BassThatHz is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,899
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

If I had room for DOs...I'd have room for a pair of HS24s but I don't....dammit. smile.gif I have the 2 LMS 5400s pictured in this thread flanking the center channel in a built-in at the front of the living room. My 3rd LMS 5400 is at the back right of the living room as an end table with the sub pointing down. The UXL-18s will go under the center of the couch with part of the enclosure under the center and the remaining airspace in an enclosure behind the couch from one end to the other. Will be a lot of bass that people won't know where it's coming from.

Now I remember. And the sofa isn't on a riser correct? I hope your going to share some pics during your build, trying to picture it...
ambesolman is online now  
Old 04-08-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

Now I remember. And the sofa isn't on a riser correct? I hope your going to share some pics during your build, trying to picture it...

Nope, not on a riser but my living room is over a basement so I'm not on a slab and hoping I get some good tactile transfer. smile.gif

I'll take pictures as I go and document it. Its the same couch as in Beast's second row so maybe he'll add a nearfield sub in his future. smile.gif
dgage is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off