Beast's First Ever "Ballin' Out" NC g2g April 5th!!!! - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 724 Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Could use a little help fellas. I know I talked to a few of you at the gtg about this stuff but still confused. Basically need opinions of omnimic vs Umik and REW.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531315/help-w-house-curve#post_24709972
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 724 Old 05-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

You obviously haven't met my wife. cool.gif

Wow, it is really cool to actually refer to her as my wife finally! Woot!

Woah! Cool. I totally missed this. redface.gif

Mega congrats, B. smile.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

post #723 of 724 Old 05-12-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
The Truth Hz

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

Could use a little help fellas. I know I talked to a few of you at the gtg about this stuff but still confused. Basically need opinions of omnimic vs Umik and REW.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531315/help-w-house-curve#post_24709972

Hands down the OM is the easiest to get up and running and for quick little measurement sessions smile.gif The more in-depth you get into measuring, the more important spending some time with REW and another USB mic will be. I have the umm-6 and the OM v1 (recalibrated) If you want to try one out before you buy, let me know and I can send one to you for a little while smile.gif

Truth is, the computer (laptop or HTPC or whatever you use) is usually the most finicky when it comes to REW. Once you know how to situate the soundcard parameters and such, it is breeze, but my old laptop just never made it easy for me. I still never got the HDMI method to work, but a standard 3.5mm out to RCA in on the front of the receiver still works just fine. make sure your sampling rates are the same and have some fun!!

Now see why I like OM better? plug in the mic, pop the cd in your BD player, and start measuring...Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Woah! Cool. I totally missed this. redface.gif

Mega congrats, B. smile.gif

Thanks man!

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

post #724 of 724 Old 05-12-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Hands down the OM is the easiest to get up and running and for quick little measurement sessions smile.gif The more in-depth you get into measuring, the more important spending some time with REW and another USB mic will be. I have the umm-6 and the OM v1 (recalibrated) If you want to try one out before you buy, let me know and I can send one to you for a little while smile.gif

Truth is, the computer (laptop or HTPC or whatever you use) is usually the most finicky when it comes to REW. Once you know how to situate the soundcard parameters and such, it is breeze, but my old laptop just never made it easy for me. I still never got the HDMI method to work, but a standard 3.5mm out to RCA in on the front of the receiver still works just fine. make sure your sampling rates are the same and have some fun!!

Now see why I like OM better? plug in the mic, pop the cd in your BD player, and start measuring...Haha
Thanks man!

Sent you a PM!
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page