Starting covering the inside wall of the cylinders:
This was a lot tougher than I expected as the access is very narrow, so I had to come from both sides but the middle was hard...
Doing the top lids as well:
After battling with a nasty bad smelling spray glue, the first one is finally finished:
Filling it was also not that easy and I had to resort to a tube from my vacuum cleaner in order to adjust the first layers. In these occasions it would be handy if one had arms like a monkey. But hey!, what matters is that I finished the job and I was happy with the result. Unfortunately and as I was already anticipating, a bag of Sonofil
isn't enough for 20l as they advertise so I ordered more but even multiplying by 1.5 didn't do it! So you'd be better off estimating the double, that is to say, one bag for 10l. In my case this is not so bad as I ended up with about 41cm of empty space and since the driver itself will take about 26cm that leaves roughly 15cm of truly empty space which I reckon is acceptable and even desirable for letting the drive to 'breathe'. Here is the first one ready:
Both cabinets put aside and waiting for the drivers to arrive:
In the end and from my calculations, the total weight of each will be 104Kg or 230lbs. So, the worst part is yet to come as I will have to lift and mount the driver and connect the wires all by myself and even more difficult to flip the boxes without damaging the pillars.