I'm retiring from AVS. New AVS upgrade sucks that BAD! - Page 11 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 200Likes

post #301 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
ambesolman
I agree with DDailey. You ought to change your avatar.

Last edited by rajacat; 06-13-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel View Post
You know, the regulars, the people I have gotten to know in this forum have been the most understanding...The quick to complain people are people I don't know at all, and have never read any of their posts...
I think there are people from other forums seeing the 'active topics' over on the right and clicking on this thread to give the ole one/two punch during the transition. The interwebz is a scary place.

post #303 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

Can you guys make this a little bit wider ,I use a tablet in desktop mode and I'm having trouble selecting the numbers with my finger tips.
I agree. That was the problem with the icons pretty much everywhere. That was part of the problem with the "go to last unread post" triangle thing too.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #304 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
I agree. That was the problem with the icons pretty much everywhere. That was part of the problem with the "go to last unread post" triangle thing too.

What happened to the triangle last viewed post icon? The only new feature I knew how to use really.
post #305 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Heheh...when I stressed the word TIME, I wasn't directing it at you, but rather at some of the more impatient people in this thread that have been complaining. Everything will get sorted out in TIME, and once it does, things will get back to normal around here....

You know, the regulars, the people I have gotten to know in this forum have been the most understanding...The quick to complain people are people I don't know at all, and have never read any of their posts...

So so true! I haven't seen 75-85% of these ppl post in any of the threads I normally read. Maybe they jumped into the DIY section just to post in this thread. I rarely venture to other sections so only really know most of the DIY crowd except projectors over $3000. There are quite a few regulars in that section too.

I think the fixes are happening with lightning quick key strokes myself and am sure most will get sorted out. It will just be a matter of ignorant ppl such as my self getting familiarized with the functions all over again. I'm a complete CPU dumb butt.
post #306 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
So so true! I haven't seen 75-85% of these ppl post in any of the threads I normally read. Maybe they jumped into the DIY section just to post in this thread. I rarely venture to other sections so only really know most of the DIY crowd except projectors over $3000. There are quite a few regulars in that section too.

I think the fixes are happening with lightning quick key strokes myself and am sure most will get sorted out. It will just be a matter of ignorant ppl such as my self getting familiarized with the functions all over again. I'm a complete CPU dumb butt.
Actually I think some of this is the result of the new sidebar that drives traffic to forums people might not visit. Folks from other forums are seeing the title in the side bar and entering the thread that way. They are not conscious they have entered the DIY forum, they just wanted to enter the thread based on it's title in the side bar.

In this respect the side bar is a hit. It's spreads info around and lets you know the topics trending. That is kind of cool. And considering you can disable it too, not much to hate about it.
Jonny5nz likes this.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #307 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hey!

I just noticed the space has shrunk and more posts per page now. Well done !

EDIT. This post not so much. The one above it yes. What's the difference why ?

-

post #308 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Using Chrome, I miss seeing all/any images contained through out the thread you're in, up in the upper right-hand corner
Jonny5nz and Woobieizer like this.

V.X.Donique
Introducing the Vier Systems Xero.1/Midbasiks Subwoofer builds....
Creator of the AVScience DIY Speakers and Subwoofers Forum
"Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory." -Bruce Lee
post #309 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 105
LOL, Everyone complained when AVS switched to Huddler Tech and wanted the old platform back. Me thinks time will help with the situation here as well.

My build thread

My 8 x RE XXX 18" Subwoofers, IB build
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

Do you know what Nemesis means?

post #310 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave View Post
LOL, Everyone complained when AVS switched to Huddler Tech and wanted the old platform back. Me thinks time will help with the situation here as well.
I agree. I remember I first disliked it and then loved it once I got used to it and gave it a chance. Change is often hard. I think things are already looking up and toward the right direction.
JapanDave likes this.

-

post #311 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacat View Post
ambesolman
I agree with DDailey. You ought to change your avatar.
Nah, already enough changes going on around here. You'll get over it😉

Last edited by ambesolman; 06-13-2014 at 04:55 PM.
post #312 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Nah, already enough changes going on around here. You'll get over it
Your avatar can be perceived as political therefore a violation of the TOS. You could be kicked off AVS.
post #313 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm slowly getting used to it,
but why do all posts show 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
post #314 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post
I'm slowly getting used to it,
but why do all posts show 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
That's just been fixed. You were most likely seeing that under "My Posts", which interacts with our sphinx indexing server. I've fixed it so it should be rendering the proper date and time now.

Mark
post #315 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 189
What a letdown!!!!! I do not enjoy jumping on AVS's site anymore, wake me up when this nightmare is over!!!!!!

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #316 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 289
It took a little bit but I am managing to find my way around. Although those big smilies are kinda ugly
Tack likes this.

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.
post #317 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
What a letdown!!!!! I do not enjoy jumping on AVS's site anymore, wake me up when this nightmare is over!!!!!!
Wow, that was helpful...

Did you bother to read any of my posts explaining the situation?
post #318 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Wow, that was helpful...

Did you bother to read any of my posts explaining the situation?
Sorry if it was too harsh... I dislike that I have to hit refresh to see if there is any new post in a current thread, I loved that it would tell me how many new post and how many unread post at the bottom. The whole new look in my opinion is hard on the eyes, I usually spend hours each day on AVS and now I force myself to come back and visit my favorite threads.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #319 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

I'll give it a few days and hopefully the bugs and look and feel have been resolved.

post #320 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalScope View Post
As a developer you might get that we are asking for bug reports to help expedite the process of repairing your user experience on here. It would help me a lot to know what exactly the issue is with your account.
Bug reports? HOW about telling people about the changes and how they can be utilized BEFORE changing it?? The OLD software, I could easily see the threads I had posted in and be taken to the last msg I posted so I can read from there onward....then the new update screwed that up and I NEVER could figure out how to make it work right....I at least did figure out how to go to a single page showing all my subscribed threads..but this "update" has done away with that..try thinking as a USER.....not an Admin....If the users dont know how to use the new set up, they wont report anything because they think they dont count anymore....
Mike Butny and Woobieizer like this.
post #321 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'll post my question here, posted elsewhere but no response. Why are we only getting 20 threads per page? That is way too low, seems like it used to be 50. I'd like the option to go back to 50. Seems like a way to increase page views nothing more.

Just a reminder to both the members and the administrators that the value of this site is due to the members. We freely share our knowledge, experience and talents - it is those things that make this a valuable resource. This should remain a friendly attractive and easy to use site, making people jump through one too many hoops to accomplish things and people will stop trying.
post #322 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
I'll post my question here, posted elsewhere but no response. Why are we only getting 20 threads per page? g.
Go to the top right of this page, USER CP
Go to EDIT OPTIONS
Choose your NUMBER OF POSTS PER PAGE

Minimum of 5, max of 100, lots of choices in between.
post #323 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
What are you babbling about with the "and" "or" rubbish?

post #324 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 341

Nuff said.
DaJoJo likes this.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #325 of 442 Old 06-13-2014, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 2143
Feels like I went back to reading the news paper when teh internet did not exist. Might as well go back to my psw505 subs and start all over lol. I am sure we will all get use to it but this has been very painstaking to say the least.
post #326 of 442 Old 06-14-2014, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post
Wow guys, please don't bail on this great forum just because of a rough transition!

Think of what we have been through. The good times, the bad times. We laughed and cried and we made it through...together.

Please, don't throw it all away! Give it some time, lets talk and work it out. Things will get better I promise and in the end we will be more in love than we began. Just stick with it.

And as always, I am here for you. I care and I mean it.
QFT

After our Norwegian forum switched platforms last year, the DT was supposed be for a day, it turned out to be closer to 4 weeks and another week before people actually managed to login. Now that's a rough transition.

Took them far longer to fix things like old image links etc so for practically 6-8 months 90% of it was in a state of utter brokenness.
So far I consider this switch to be going amazingly smooth and knowing how much of an absolute nightmare a plattform switch is and not just from a user point, merging an old db format into a new system is one of my personal recurring nightmare scenarios.

In short, forums are tools, tools for communicating and granted the tool is important but the true importance are the regular users and the content and aid they provide each other. Obviously if something feels utterly wasted for you then take a break, give it a few months and check back in.
In the meanwhile the rest of us should file as many bug reports as possible.
wvu80 likes this.

Last edited by TorTorden; 06-14-2014 at 04:08 AM.
post #327 of 442 Old 06-14-2014, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Well I will give it a chance if I don't like it, I will fine something else to do.
post #328 of 442 Old 06-14-2014, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
WHAT IN the Alan Gouger is going on around here???????????? I thought when you said what old is new we were going to be able to see the black background with yellow or white text that made your eyes bleed. I was soooooo excited until the baby blue background appeared and I just knew we weren't going to be able to call the owner of the forum at 2 AM and whine about the scaler we bought from them and have them fix the mess over the phone.
post #329 of 442 Old 06-14-2014, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 183
I can see the improvements happening each time I am on. I am sure in a month or so it will be OK. I am on my phone here 99% of the time. It is far better already.
post #330 of 442 Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post
I can see the improvements happening each time I am on. I am sure in a month or so it will be OK. I am on my phone here 99% of the time. It is far better already.
Agreed. Each time I get on the site is being improved. Unlike many sites, they actually take feedback and implement it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page