Hi. In this thread
, the general consensus was that a cost-effective upgrade to my current ChaseHT SS-18.1s would be a pair of UXL-18s.
Sounds good, but drivers need enclosures and when it comes to building stuff, I have no skills, no tools and no patience.
(And if I did have the tools, I'd probably find a way to injure myself.
I asked Mark at iST about custom cabinets and his reply was:
Originally Posted by Mark at iST
There are a couple of guys on that forum who sell knock-down cabinets for the UXL. Perhaps get in touch with them for a decent deal. And yes, they can be used in a downward firing box.
First, a couple of notes:
- I'm restricted by placement (click on my sig to see my current set-up) to a width of 23" and a height of 24". (Depth isn't an issue.)
- I prefer a down-firing orientation. Can this be accomplished given the height restriction?
Next, my questions:
1. Who here at AVS makes optimially-sized sealed enclosures for the UXL-18?
2. What would it cost to get a pair made and shipped to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1W 1H4?
3. Ideally, I would like to have to do as little as possible aside from installing the driver, so:
- what would I receive from you; and
- what would I be required to do to complete the assembly?