DIYSoundGroup's Stonehenge Build - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
DIYSoundGroup's Stonehenge Ported 18" Sub Build

I'm building 2 of DIYSoundGroup's Stonehenge 18" ported subs for my HT. I'm planning on loading them with UXL-18s when they get back in stock. I figured I'd start a build thread for them.

If you are on the fence about ordering anything from DIYSoundGroup, don't be. The kits go together ridiculously easy and are perfectly packaged and cut. I've ordered about 15 speaker kits from Erich and they all sound awesome after they are done.

I used Gorilla Wood Glue for the glue, 6 36" harbor freight clamps, and a couple 12" harbor freight clamps. And 2 tubs of green glue.

Step 1: The bottom braces were easy. I did those first (didn't take a photo).

Step 2: the 4 upright stonehenge stones next to the bottom braces.



Step 3: The other 4 stones. This is how I put pressure on them while the glue set. It helped to have a couple heavy tubs of green glue laying around to use as weight.



Step 4: I did each of the 2 side braces separately. This is with them all done.



Step 5: Side A and Side B. I did them at the same time. I used tubs of green glue for vertical pressure and a couple clamps (I put them on after this photo) to provide lateral pressure between A and B.



Step 6: Clamping on side C. I used a few 36" clamps to provide downward and lateral pressure as well as a couple 12" clamps to make sure there was a secure connection between the side and the side brace.



Step 7: Side D. Same as Side C. I didn't take a photo of this since it was the same as Step 6.

Step 8: Side E, used a couple clamps underneath, as well as some running the length and top to bottom. You can barely see the little wood brace that Erich includes to give some rigidity between Side A and side E. I probably should have put it midway in there, but doesn't really matter I don't think.



Step 9: Side F, last side. I had to get a little creative here since I needed top to bottom pressure as well as lateral pressure. I decided to use clamps to clamp side F to E, and then use buckets of green glue to give top to bottom pressure. It worked okay. I also put another one of the block braces midway between the port entrance and where it curves to side E.



And completed:



I am lining the back wall and sides with 1.5" acoustic eggcrate foam. I think this will work well - don't want to stuff it since it is ported. If you guys have any suggestions if I'm doing the right thing or not, let me know. I still haven't put the front on it yet (going to wait until I get the speakers - and I also have to mount a speakon connector in the box somewhere. Being shipped from PE right now).

Back wall done:



And sides done:



Anyone have any comments/suggestions or notice if I did anything wrong? I'm by no means an expert at doing this so if I made a mistake, please let me know!

I'll update this thread as I make more progress on them, but right now I'm starting on the other one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	1909
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	149138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg
Views:	1884
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	149146   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg
Views:	1889
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	149154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0198.jpg
Views:	1884
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	149162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg
Views:	1881
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	149170  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg
Views:	1879
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	149178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg
Views:	1880
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	149186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	1886
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	149194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg
Views:	1864
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	149202   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	1889
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	149210  

pgwalsh, popalock, nexxest and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ClemsonJeeper; 07-05-2014 at 06:27 PM.
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HopefulFred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,918
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Looks very good to me. Your pattern is very much like what Erich posted at DIYSG. Do you think it could have been done all at once?

What's your plan for terminals?
HopefulFred is online now  
Old 07-05-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mynym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Great looking box. Erich did a great job with these.

Looks like that enclosure is 5.4 cu ft net after bracing and port. (Not including UXL-18 driver displacement). Is this enough volume for the UXL-18 to get flat output down to 20hz?
mynym is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post
Looks very good to me. Your pattern is very much like what Erich posted at DIYSG. Do you think it could have been done all at once?

What's your plan for terminals?
This is the flat pack from Erich so that would explain the similarity. :-) I bought these:

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/ported-...tonehenge.html

For Terminals I am going to use a Speakon connector, likely:

https://www.parts-express.com/neutri...mount--092-054

I'm new to all this so if this is incorrect, let me know. I plan on pairing these 2 subs with a iNuke 6000 DSP.

As for doing it all at once, I probably wouldn't attempt it because there are a lot of panels that need to join up with eachother internally before you can put the outside panels up.

As for the bracing, they all probably could be done at once.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build

Last edited by ClemsonJeeper; 07-05-2014 at 11:58 AM.
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post
Great looking box. Erich did a great job with these.

Looks like that enclosure is 5.4 cu ft net after bracing and port. (Not including UXL-18 driver displacement). Is this enough volume for the UXL-18 to get flat output down to 20hz?
Good question. I'll have to leave that to the experts since I'm new to this. My room is mid-build so I won't be able to provide any measurements for a while.

I'm sure some of the other experts can chime in on what would be possible with this enclosure/sub combo.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Yes it will be flat to 20hz. You will love it.
chalugadp is online now  
Old 07-05-2014, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Just randomly checked the UXL-18 page and it looks like the Paypal link is back on it @ 550CAD each, so order for 2 placed! Looking forward to getting them.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
BrutalBodyShots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Just randomly checked the UXL-18 page and it looks like the Paypal link is back on it @ 550CAD each, so order for 2 placed! Looking forward to getting them.
Good news that they're back in stock, bad news that the price increased.

Still waiting on Erich to post on his site the Stonehenge with the port on the opposite side. I need 1 of each type and want to purchase both together. A few weeks ago he told me any day they'd be ready but I have not seen them available yet.

Glad to hear that the assembly is easy; I'm looking to go the same route as you with 2 of the Stonehenge enclosures with UXL-18's and the 6kdsp. What size room are you putting this setup in?
BrutalBodyShots is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalBodyShots View Post
Good news that they're back in stock, bad news that the price increased.

Still waiting on Erich to post on his site the Stonehenge with the port on the opposite side. I need 1 of each type and want to purchase both together. A few weeks ago he told me any day they'd be ready but I have not seen them available yet.

Glad to hear that the assembly is easy; I'm looking to go the same route as you with 2 of the Stonehenge enclosures with UXL-18's and the 6kdsp. What size room are you putting this setup in?
Yeah, I saw they went up a bit in price. Compared to the rest of the build, the price increase is negligible, so I went for it.

The room is about 1900 ft^3. I think these should work just fine. :-)

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,434
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Just randomly checked the UXL-18 page and it looks like the Paypal link is back on it @ 550CAD each, so order for 2 placed! Looking forward to getting them.
So glad I jumped on the group buy price, with having them bulk shipped mine were about $170per driver less then the new price!
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
So glad I jumped on the group buy price, with having them bulk shipped mine were about $170per driver less then the new price!
Supply and demand can be a bitch when you are on the demand side of things.

Rather be late to the party then not show up at all!
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
BrutalBodyShots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Very true. I'm wondering if Mark increased the price $20 due to an increase in parts on his end, or if he's simply playing the supply and demand curve and knows that most will simply be willing to pay the additional $20. I'm big into principle though, so the increase does make me a little hesitant not that the $20 is a huge amount of money. Had the price been $530 when they popped back up, I would have already paid for a pair a few days ago. I'll probably end up paying the marginal price increase since I've been waiting months for them anyway.

That setup should rock that 1900 cu ft. My space is marginally larger than yours at about 2400 cu ft. I'll be very interested to hear your results!
BrutalBodyShots is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 3,861
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalBodyShots View Post
Very true. I'm wondering if Mark increased the price $20 due to an increase in parts on his end, or if he's simply playing the supply and demand curve and knows that most will simply be willing to pay the additional $20. I'm big into principle though, so the increase does make me a little hesitant not that the $20 is a huge amount of money. Had the price been $530 when they popped back up, I would have already paid for a pair a few days ago. I'll probably end up paying the marginal price increase since I've been waiting months for them anyway.

That setup should rock that 1900 cu ft. My space is marginally larger than yours at about 2400 cu ft. I'll be very interested to hear your results!
Seriously? Your kidding right? Being hesitant because of a $20 increase in Canadian?

Look around you while the world spins...........inflation currently is 4.2% and new housing build costs are up 20%!

Moaning about $15 increase in USD is just moaning for moaning's sake!
doublewing11 is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
BrutalBodyShots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Seriously? Your kidding right? Being hesitant because of a $20 increase in Canadian?

Look around you while the world spins...........inflation currently is 4.2% and new housing build costs are up 20%!

Moaning about $15 increase in USD is just moaning for moaning's sake!
Bro, I said it's principle. It's not that $15-$20 is a lot of money. No moaning at all. I've spoken to Mark probably a half dozen times over the course of the last 3 months and every time he's said $530, so it's simply a surprise that it's listed at $550. It's called expectation. I expected one thing, I saw another. Had he said the price would be higher when they would be available again I wouldn't have even mentioned it.
BrutalBodyShots is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
If we all stuck by expectations life's big decisions would never be taken on. House, marriage, cars, etc are never exactly as initially layed out. I look at it this way. Would it bother me a year later. Paying 20 bucks more wouldn't. Paying 150 more would. Each of us decides where to draw the line.
chalugadp is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,434
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
I'm sure if Mark increased his price its because the pricing on his end went up too. Just take one look at the SI 24 if you want to talk principle, Nick jacked the price up just because its a 24" driver and now its popular. It went from $699 all the way up too $1300, and I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that either. He's free to run his business how he see's fit too.
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
wyattroa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Prices were increase due to parts on his end. I have been in contact with him a dozen times. That was one of my big questions. Now the si24 increasing double, that is just crazy.

Side note, got an email back from mark in the 4th July, parts for the drivers should be in Monday. Then things should be rolling.
Robert

Sub build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...et-r-done.html
Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub - Dual UXL'18 enclosures,iNuke6000dsp
wyattroa is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
BrutalBodyShots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post
If we all stuck by expectations life's big decisions would never be taken on. House, marriage, cars, etc are never exactly as initially layed out. I look at it this way. Would it bother me a year later. Paying 20 bucks more wouldn't. Paying 150 more would. Each of us decides where to draw the line.
Absolutely, I agree with you. And I don't think $20 results in a deal breaker for anyone. A 5% increase isn't too significant, but you're told for months that a price is X and when it finally comes down to it it's X + 5% I think anyone has the right to be a little irritated and express their opinion as such. I work in sales too and regularly have to quote prices to customers and if they are expecting something and I add 5% on before the sale I'd expect some of them to be a little taken back, although most would still go through with the purchase. I personally do the exact opposite and over-quote (a worst case scenario if you will) so that 9 times out of 10 I come in under that, which ends up exceeding their expectations and builds loyalty.

I did not realize the price on the SI24 has nearly doubled. That's nuts! Again, funny how the supply and demand curve works.
BrutalBodyShots is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
wyattroa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalBodyShots View Post
Absolutely, I agree with you. And I don't think $20 results in a deal breaker for anyone. A 5% increase isn't too significant, but you're told for months that a price is X and when it finally comes down to it it's X + 5% I think anyone has the right to be a little irritated and express their opinion as such. I work in sales too and regularly have to quote prices to customers and if they are expecting something and I add 5% on before the sale I'd expect some of them to be a little taken back, although most would still go through with the purchase. I personally do the exact opposite and over-quote (a worst case scenario if you will) so that 9 times out of 10 I come in under that, which ends up exceeding their expectations and builds loyalty.

I did not realize the price on the SI24 has nearly doubled. That's nuts! Again, funny how the supply and demand curve works.
Not sure what happen in your communication with mark, but he told me right away that prices would be increasing and this was a while back in email.

Sub build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...et-r-done.html
Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub - Dual UXL'18 enclosures,iNuke6000dsp
wyattroa is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,888
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 337
In reality, he needs to raise the price 75-100$ per driver to actually make his time and effort worth while.

Shipping has gone up in every sector, it's a increase based on need not want.
N8DOGG is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
BrutalBodyShots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
Not sure what happen in your communication with mark, but he told me right away that prices would be increasing and this was a while back in email.
Evidently nothing happened in our communication as I was not informed. When you say "a while back" what date(s) are you talking? I have emails from him stating $530 in both May and June which I would assume is more recent than "a while back." In fact, I believe it was May that Mark made a "mistake" and posted the price of the UXL-18 to be very low, around $430 I think and then he corrected himself and said that no, the price was $530.

I'm curious the date you were told the price was increasing.
BrutalBodyShots is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
In reality, he needs to raise the price 75-100$ per driver to actually make his time and effort worth while.

Shipping has gone up in every sector, it's a increase based on need not want.
Shipping is always negotiable. Just need to find the right company. It hasn't gone up in the last 5,months. I've shipped lots of heavy items in that time.

I don't want to really hear he has to raise prices. He does a group buy, builds interest, then drops the ball by not having product ready. Doesn't really matter why its not ready for customers.
chalugadp is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,434
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
I don't think it's really fair to say that Mark "dropped the ball" with the group buy, I thought right from the start he said he wouldn't be able to fill all orders till around the end of June. And I'm sure the delay was something that was out of his control, it's not like he's sitting around with his thumb up his butt just not wanting to finish building guys drivers right.
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,888
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post
Shipping is always negotiable. Just need to find the right company. It hasn't gone up in the last 5,months. I've shipped lots of heavy items in that time.

I don't want to really hear he has to raise prices. He does a group buy, builds interest, then drops the ball by not having product ready. Doesn't really matter why its not ready for customers.
I doesn't matter what you want to hear. It is what it is.

I guess you're lucky in that you can go to any store and they will always have what you need to make your boxes. Ever think that doesn't work for everyone? You can't just hop down to HD and pick up 300 spec'd magnets? or special CF cones that 1 company makes?You ever think maybe he was getting a REALLY good deal on shipping and now, maybe for some reason, he can't get that same deal anymore? hummmm.... But you got it all figured out so maybe you should call him and give him all your advice on shipping!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I don't think it's really fair to say that Mark "dropped the ball" with the group buy, I thought right from the start he said he wouldn't be able to fill all orders till around the end of June. And I'm sure the delay was something that was out of his control, it's not like he's sitting around with his thumb up his butt just not wanting to finish building guys drivers right.
The problem was when you drop prices to build demand you have a limited time to deliver when charging a premium price. For most buyers of subwoofers 500 plus dollars is a huge price to pay when they can get something close for half the price. Give people long enough to think and they will move on to the cheaper price.

Some will wait but he needs to get a steady supply of product. End of the day people don't care about reasons. They want a product at a certain price.
chalugadp is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,434
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post
Shipping is always negotiable. Just need to find the right company. It hasn't gone up in the last 5,months. I've shipped lots of heavy items in that time.

I don't want to really hear he has to raise prices. He does a group buy, builds interest, then drops the ball by not having product ready. Doesn't really matter why its not ready for customers.
The other thing you need to keep in mind Donny, is that you don't really get discounted shipping prices so maybe the pricing hasn't gone up for you because the couriers absorbed the prices a little. But I can tell that 3 of the 5 major couriers/carriers that we use at my work have given us price increases in the last 60 days.
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
His prices are not the concern most have. Its product availability. Needs to be consistent.
chalugadp is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I doesn't matter what you want to hear. It is what it is.

I guess you're lucky in that you can go to any store and they will always have what you need to make your boxes. Ever think that doesn't work for everyone? You can't just hop down to HD and pick up 300 spec'd magnets? or special CF cones that 1 company makes?You ever think maybe he was getting a REALLY good deal on shipping and now, maybe for some reason, he can't get that same deal anymore? hummmm.... But you got it all figured out so maybe you should call him and give him all your advice on shipping!
I don't need your caps. I can read. I have never met the dude but I am sure he's a nice guy. My issue is with his product availability. For many customers it just doesn't matter why the parts are hard to get. They are ready for a subwoofer and want it.

He has a great product . no question their. I had it for a few months and enjoyed it. I am not giving him direct business advice. He knows his customer base. I have recommended his product to dozens. It just makes it a lot easier when they can go order right away.
chalugadp is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,434
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
True Donny but at the moment there really isn't a lot of 18" drivers around from anyone unless someone wants a $1000 TC LMS-U or a $200 Daytona 18-HO.
jbrown15 is online now  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chalugadp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,542
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
True Donny but at the moment there really isn't a lot of 18" drivers around from anyone unless someone wants a $1000 TC LMS-U or a $200 Daytona 18-HO.
Correct , that's why I want him to fill the void. Love it when Canadian companies can do well. Wish him the best.
chalugadp is online now  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off