AVS Forum banner

dual Infinity 1262w twin towers

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mfusick 
#1 ·
I started this project a few weeks ago, but don't get much time to work on them. (not building them in my garage)
I thought I knew what I was doing , but I'm starting to second guess myself on what they should be tuned to.
I want to blend them with my existing sonosub, a 12cuft dual 15" Adire Tempest tuned to 21.5hz, power by a bridged inuke 3000dsp
The boxes are 49.75"h x 18.5"w x 21"d
My first thought was a 17.5hz tune (7.5cuft after bracing and 2.5" x 15.5" x 40" port)
Then after more lurking around here I read that I should tune all subs the same?
21.5hz tune (7.9cuft after bracing and 2.5" x 15.5" x 23" port)
Powered by another inuke 3000dsp one per channel
They will sit behind my second row on each side almost half ways down the longest part of my large 7500cuft L shaped room.
The sonosub sub sits in the front corner.
I'm not sure if winisd can model a sonosub but I input the numbers just to see?
The black line is the sonosub, green 1 21.5hz Infinity, pink 1 17.5hz Infinity
Let me know what you guys think :confused:
Garth

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
there is nothing different in winsid if the enclosure is a sonotube or any other shape within any sort of 'normal' subwoofer configuration, so you are right on track.

as for tuning, that is more of a strategy call. the ~17hz is a great target, but you'll lose some headroom relative to your other sub above 20hz. on the other hand, maybe down the road, you decide to add an extension to the sonotube port and bring it down to ~17hz, now you have a good match.

in any case, the tuning will most likely come in a little under what winisd suggests for the kind of cab that you are building. 1 hz or so is common.

since you have independent control over the high pass on these cabs with the inuke dsp, having a mismatch with the other sub isn't really a problem. actually, you might not even be able to tell the difference. ;-)

of course, be sure to brace the cabs well.

when times were different, i had a c5, so can really appreciate your plate!

#4 ·
Upon more thought and modeling I think I will tune it higher, 20hz I think? lol
I don't think I would ever take apart my sonosub, its been sitting there putting a smile on my face for 12 years :D
I think I get some near field bass from it, as the MLP is 12 feet from it.
It's the second row, and the sometimes bar stool third row that need more.
If anybody else has any thoughts on this let me know.
I probably won't get these done until late Aug, early Sept with vacation, wife, work, and the fact they're 30 mins away from me.

when times were different, i had a c5, so can really appreciate your plate!
This might be another reason why it'll take me so long too... with only 4 months of summer here :cool:

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
I don't know about the 1262s but the 1260s work best at 22.5hz ported. Lots of fiddling in WinISD to get that number for me.

Edit: i wasn't taking into account your box size, 1260 is best in a 7.5 net box at 21hz givng you 110db at 22hz with only 300w before you hit excursion

#7 ·
Great license plate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.