AVS Forum banner

Hey guys. Long time no see. :)

899 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cdy2179 
#1 ·
Was on a bad business downward spiral the past few years and had to stay away from all this stuff.

I recently came into what I think is a pretty good deal. Or at least close to it. SO I had to jump on it.
$400 gets me this:

From what I've been told it's a 2446h compression driver, and a 4648th cabinet with 2 - 2226h 15" drivers. They came out of a theater up here.

I'm picking up 3 on Sunday. How well would these work for the front of house?
Fronts and center.

Funny thing is and it's a total SMH moment as I have no where to put them as I live in my store at the moment. LOL I'll be moving back out to Western Canada in January and will put them in the rental house I'm in or the house I buy.

I just checked back when the last time I hung out here was... just after one of the guys here committed suicide. :( Long time ago.

Mike

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
We haven't seen TheEar around either.
We think he may have died on us too, but that was probably because of a 10,000lbs subwoofer array collapse.
We now call him ThePancake :D

I'll be moving back out to Western Canada in January
BC ?

#3 ·
Wow, those are some really nice speakers as the duel 2226's are some of the best 15" woofers around, with the exception of the AE TD15 series. That 2446 compression driver is a good one as well. If it were me, I would look into ordering some Be diaphragms for those 2446's, and if you could do that, you would have one of the best theater setups for under $4,000!

#5 ·
Thanks buddy! You still have those apartment size subs?

I'm trying to find out the speaker connectors on these things. Waiting for a picture.
All as I get right now is that they are a barrier strip.

#7 ·
A little update. I drove out east 4 hours today and picked up the units.
Unfortunately I was a little late so he only had 2-4648th cabs left with the 2446h compression drivers on top. He has 4 or 5 4638 cabs with the 2446h compression driver so I took one of those. I guess that would be the center channel since it's the odd man out.

Had an amp, mixer and cd player I brought out with a friend. Plugged the 2 4648th cabs in with the horns attached in the front of the house outside on the porch and cranked Money for Nothing from Dire Straights. Frikking Awesome! The punch from those 15's and the energy they put out is truly amazing. I was also surprised how well the horn integrated with the bass cab. Very cohesive and not harsh at all like I thought they would be.

SO everything is sitting in my SUV right now and it's pissing raining. Waiting for the rain to stop so I can bring them in and take a pic for you guys. I will be removing all the components from the cabinets and throwing them out. I have no room to take those with me when I move in January.

BTW: I've checked every single JBL product and I can't find any 4648th cabinet mated with the horn and compression driver the 4670d(4638 bass cab) cabinet used. I guess it was all interchangeable?

#8 ·
Just brought them in.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.