AVS Forum banner

Little Corner/Ceiling Mount Coax Design

672 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  beastaudio 
#1 ·
So I got the bug to do a little woodworking this weekend and wanted to re-design my side surrounds to a "slightly" less profile design, whilst improving the angle of the box to aim the surrounds better. I ended up coming up with this, which wasn't my original plan, but in a 12 foot wide theater, the angle actually puts the CD firing almost dead center of the theater, which should do exactly as was intended.

Oh, and screw triangular boxes, they just aren't as fun as your traditional square box. This prototype will eventually house the Beyma coax, but this one I built out for the old Zilch designed Eminence 10" and d220ti CD combo.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Front Baffle is doing a little better but this wood from Lowes is (once again) garbage. I used the sanding sealer and while I feel like it helped a little with the wood pulling in the poly, there are still spots that still took it and created some craters. Regardless, here are the sides that I was testing on, and got to pretty nice finish, then the front baffle drying after 2 coats of poly. One more before bedtime and tomorrow I will hopefully be able to take the 800 grit to it and get a smooth surface to continue on with. If not, I will get it the best I can and hit another coat or two of poly and go from there.

I know, hard to really grasp what is going on there, but a reflection nonetheless

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.