Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Jones II View Post
A = 36.25" x 12"
B = 36.25" x 13"
C = 13" x 11"
Outside Dimensions: 12.5" wide x 14.5" deep x 36.25" tall.

The attached mockups were both done in Google Sketchup. It's the only tool that I have that allows me to make quick adjustments. FYI: The baffles cutouts are not to scale here... I just through them together for a quick preview.
thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 Old 08-01-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
A = 36.25" x 12"
B = 36.25" x 13"
C = 13" x 11"
Outside Dimensions: 12.5" wide x 14.5" deep x 36.25" tall.

The attached mockups were both done in Google Sketchup. It's the only tool that I have that allows me to make quick adjustments. FYI: The baffles cutouts are not to scale here... I just through them together for a quick preview.
This is a cut sheet for three speakers, unless I'm reading it totally wrong. That being said, I don't see a cut to account for a double-baffle. Is it not necessary with these speakers? If so, I could fit 2 1099s on a single sheet!
post #33 of 80 Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by horfcha View Post
This is a cut sheet for three speakers, unless I'm reading it totally wrong. That being said, I don't see a cut to account for a double-baffle. Is it not necessary with these speakers? If so, I could fit 2 1099s on a single sheet!
Yep, three speakers on the cut sheet. I think some builds have used a double baffle, but the consensus has been that one is fine. So, a single sheet for you my friend. Don't forget to create a build thread and take lots of pictures.
post #34 of 80 Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I am using this cross over
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
That one is correct. Tux just made some of the values of the caps on the drawing wonky such as 560nF = .56uF, etc. Still correct, just different to read and different from what the print on the actual components will say (.56uF).

There is also this one:

post #35 of 80 Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

and this layout
Quote:
Anyone have time to perform a sanity check on my mock-crossover? See attached. Left side is top of board. Right side is bottom/wire side of board. Thanks!
(version 2 attached with corrected labeling)
Black adder likes this.

post #36 of 80 Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

here is how to wire the woffer since they are in seperate cabinets use the on one the right

post #37 of 80 Old 08-06-2014, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hello, WILLIAM WADE

Thank you for your order from DIY Sound Group. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at erich@diysoundgroup.com or call us at 513-931-7899 Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET.
Your shipping confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.
We have shipped your Order #100002544

YEAH BABY
Black adder likes this.

post #38 of 80 Old 08-06-2014, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post
No problem with adjusting sizes to fit your space. The cube is 2' by 2' by 25.5" and I wouldn't go smaller. If you drop one down to 22" I would do 24" by 22" by 27" high. Having the 1099 a little higher ( 1-3") won't effect the sound at all. Having waveguide lower will.
So what if I went front 25.5" wide by 26" high and 23" deep? Can I put my port out the side with it on the back wall and oppisite side or in the top back like your mini marty video?

post #39 of 80 Old 08-06-2014, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post
So what if I went front 25.5" wide by 26" high and 23" deep? Can I put my port out the side with it on the back wall and oppisite side or in the top back like your mini marty video?
To put a side port you need at least 26" (piece)where port is. If you put port in the top it's no problem.
post #40 of 80 Old 08-07-2014, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post
To put a side port you need at least 26" (piece)where port is. If you put port in the top it's no problem.
It looks like the orginal design the port is 40"x2". Out the top my back would be 24" wide x 25.25" tall and the back port piece would be 2" shorter or 23.25" on the back. What would the total length be?

post #41 of 80 Old 08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
It looks like the orginal design the port is 40"x2". Out the top my back would be 24" wide x 25.25" tall and the back port piece would be 2" shorter or 23.25" on the back. What would the total length be?
40 to 42 inches.
post #42 of 80 Old 08-07-2014, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

thanks

post #43 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

they arrived last week end but I did not have time to get to them so I took some vacation

only opende the top box everything looked good but instead of the packing noodels everyone else had I had square peanuts.

Great Job @Eric H

post #44 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I used @Robert Jones II layout and cut some 1/2" plywood I had laying around. Thanks Robert

I driled holes in all 3 at one time
Robert Jones II likes this.

post #45 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

@tuxedocivic @dtsdig
please check my work while I go and hook the speaker wires to the garage to the garage. I know it is hard to follow I had to put the resisters on the back side because the wires were to short for 1/2" plywood. Not sure if 1/4 inch would be any better.
the good

the ugly

post #46 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Hmm, nice shooting.... now get back to work.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1099ShotUp.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	213385  
post #47 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LOL bump for my cross over work @tuxedocivic @dtsdig
went to Lowe's and had them cut up some lumber per @Robert Jones II that he did for me on sketchup. Dude was great I had him do 13 1/2 swipes and figured I would have to finish cut to 13 1/4 at home due to horror stories about how bad these guys are but they are dead on accurate. Question for tux will 13 1/2" deep be ok? I think I would screw them up on my old table saw or at least they would be no where near as nice as they are now.

thank you to my daughter Teresa. Wife had truck and didn't see this going into mustang. She had her doubts about it going in escape. Note to self bring padding next time so it don't shift.

Question for @tuxedocivic will 13 1/2" deep be ok? I think I would screw them up on my old table saw or at least they would be no where near as nice as they are now.
again not sure if I could do better

post #48 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hmm, nice shooting.... now get back to work.

after 38 years in the Army and multible tours down range I hope my group is a little better than that after all those folks shot back at you and they are not wearing 1930s hats on their head if you know what I mean.

post #49 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

She ain't pretty but in the wild (open Air) she works. was not sure about the mids I had to touch the dust cove then held it to my ear

post #50 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Hey, sorry, but that XO is nearly impossible to decipher with the resistors on the bottom and what not. I'll take another look, but yikes! I mean, I probably build mine 100x uglier than that, but I can't make out what is what to be able to help.
post #51 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Oh and ya, the 13.5" is just fine. The Delta 10 woofers are very flexible to box size.
post #52 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
Hey, sorry, but that XO is nearly impossible to decipher with the resistors on the bottom and what not. I'll take another look, but yikes! I mean, I probably build mine 100x uglier than that, but I can't make out what is what to be able to help.
Well it worked so I am guessing it is ok. I followed the schematic and Roberts template. What about the extra 1/2" deep?

post #53 of 80 Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Another question do the words on the caps go away with heat or use

post #54 of 80 Old 08-18-2014, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Productive few days between honey dos and building my speakers I have my second crossover mounted to the board but not soldiered. I started cutting myboxes. I am no where as good as Donny.

First I cut my top, bottom and dividers.

then I had to lay out my backs

I laid down the sides and backs and then measured the dividers and drew lines so Iknow where to glue and brad nail

Last edited by cw5billwade; 08-18-2014 at 09:16 AM.
post #55 of 80 Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Time for the honey dos I did some yard stuff cleaned the garage and my work shop and finally hung the right speaker out back.

I got the right one hung I am using my old Pioner Amp with the porch on speaker B

I could not hang the left speaker the siding jerks did this and I want it fixed first. Look at the small hole they did on the right above which I can live with.

Not to worry the left speaker is being put to good use as speaker A on the amp routed to my Garage

post #56 of 80 Old 08-19-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

not many pictures during the build of my first speaker I had gluves on and did not want to get PL on my phone

A little speaker porn

Baffle just laying there for fit

set it on my work bench for now

post #57 of 80 Old 08-25-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

a little more progress you have to understand in order to keep WAF happy I need to do a fair amout of work around the house i.e. mowing 5 acres of grass clean the pool and other such gems. She also has the need for me to be with here in the evenings go figure

more speaker porn got all 3 boxes built

second cross over done just not tested

I have a lot of carpet pading left from construction I was thinking of using them to line the boxes. it is the 5/8" expensive stuff not the cheap carp. What do you guys think?

post #58 of 80 Old 08-26-2014, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I was wondering the same thing about lining my boxes...
post #59 of 80 Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukichon View Post
I was wondering the same thing about lining my boxes...
did you get the answer at the main build thread? A 3 way 99db multi configurable SEOS design

post #60 of 80 Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
did you get the answer at the main build thread? A 3 way 99db multi configurable SEOS design
Seems like carpet pad is good for the woofer boxes but poly fill for the mid box.....I think?
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page