Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 FTW-21's-$1300

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Which drivers and why?

615 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  MKtheater 
#1 ·
I am building two 60-80 cubed baffle walls for my surrounds and I will load them with woofers. I am asking which woofers would you choose and why? I have a 7hz tuned IB in front with 8 Fi IB3-18's which are killer. I can just add 4 more and be done for $1160.

4 Fi car IB3-18's-$1160 shipped
2 FTW-21's-$1300 shipped
other?

#2 ·
It would be tough to beat the 4 IB3's but I'd choose the FTW-21 :)
Although for you, I think you'd be bonkers going with anything else than the IB3's, since you've had such good luck with them and love them.

#3 ·
True, believe it or not the two 21's would be smaller or easier to fit in the back. I am designing the box to house my surrounds and finally see what can be done.

#5 ·
I am building two 60-80 cubed baffle walls for my surrounds and I will load them with woofers. I am asking which woofers would you choose and why? I have a 7hz tuned IB in front with 8 Fi IB3-18's which are killer. I can just add 4 more and be done for $1160.

4 Fi car IB3-18's-$1160 shipped
2 FTW-21's-$1300 shipped
other?

#8 ·
Yeah we are talking 5 inches away! However plans have changed and I am building two 23 cube boxes. So now I can fit one woofer but which one? Maybe the REXXX 15? I have to run new models now.

#10 ·
I have plenty I just figured if I had to build stands for my 40x20x20 surrounds why not add a woofer? I mean the extra speaker wire from my rear channels are right there. I can't go 21 because the enclosure is 21 inches tall, yes, back to my original problem. I ported the front wall which added lots of bass from 5-16hz without EQ so yes, bass a plenty. Finishing the structure as I type but won't add the woofer and port until I decide. I won't go sealed back there because I don't get much under 20hz being near field unless I go 24 and boost the hell out of it and I can't fit it anyways.

#11 ·
So my boxes are 24 cubes so which driver? I will model tomorrow myself.

#13 ·
Can't fit anymore as the boxes are 22 inches high. It seems 18 and below. I will model a few 18's and see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.