Inuke questions and music sounds like garbage on my setup
So I thought I had this optimally setup and not too sure now from reading more on the Inuke manual.
So I set the input knobs as per ChalugaDP's post on setting the gains. One channel is like 1 o clock and the other is like 12 to keep them somewhat matching. At reference volume, it seems I can light all the lights up on super loud scenes and just barely touch the clip, so that seems ok.
Now the manual says that is only for input voltage and to adjust the sub gain in the software for output. I played with the gains a little last night and seemed to have made no difference at all in output.
Do the front lights show input voltage and you can only see the output clip from inside the software?
So a few questions to clarify:
1. I Should I be playing with the gains in the Xover screen where you set the Xover freqs correct?
2. On the EQ screen, I set EQ1 as the -4db for the 16hz highpass. I read that this will cause you to bump the gain back up +4DB approximately to get that loss back? Is this correct? So I should set those gains at the Xover screen at +4 right off the bat to start at a 0gain and then move up from there?
3. All the frequencies defaulted at -5db across the board. Any reason this sets at negative than 0 scale?
4. How do I know how to set the delay and threshold for the subs? I initially set them for the actual distance from MLP.
5. Normal to have to set the gains to a diff degree per sub to get the lights/output to match? I see this with the inputs too
6. Is it normal to see only barely a light or so on normal scenes with a little bass and then jump up considerably with heavy notes? Or is that more of the eq lacking (-5db) causing that?
I ordered a UMIK-1 from Cross spectrum last night and a stand with boom so I can tune next week as I really think there is something up with this room. I can hit what I think are low notes, pretty loud, but it doesnt seem like anything else in the freq range is there. All music sounds like garbage uptil about 3 feet from the subs or so, and even then underwhelming.
Another thing to add, I built my MiniMarty's from the original plans with the 53" or so ports, so they might be ported at like 14-15hz. I used my SPL app on my phone last night and most stuff is about mid 90's SPL until it hits low notes. Once the lights start lighting up, I have seen about 110db max.
Klipsch RF-82|RC-62|RS-52|2 SI 18's in Marty Cabs Powered by Inuke 3000DSP|
Denon AVR-X4000|Panasonic 65ST30|Panasonic BDP-220|Optoma HD131XE with Elite SableFrame 110"|
4 Aura Bass Shakers powered by Dayton PSA-250|4 Seatcraft 5131 seats
Last edited by PM-Performance; 08-21-2014 at 07:13 AM.