AVS Forum banner

For those running JBL Cinema speakers like the 4670d...

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Mfusick 
#1 ·
How are they for music?
I have 4648th cabs( 2 x 2226h) and 1 2446h compression driver for LCR. Due to my moving in a few months I never had a chance to set them up.

I know they are going to do extremely well for ht but how about music?

#4 ·
Thanks. I was beginning to think everyone had gone to Bose equipment with no responses. LOL

I was worried about things I have been reading about the 2446h breaking up and how some use a super tweeter for the higher frequencies.

#6 ·
The 2446 compression driver from JBL is an excellent performer, only problem is the lack of a top end. You could always add a super tweeter, as was mentioned, but, that would add to crossover complexities. My advise, if you can afford it, would be to add some Be diaphragms from TruXtnt. That would get rid of the breakup at the higher frequencies and would likely give you one of the best sounding compression drivers that you will ever hear! Couple that to duel 2226's per speaker and you will be in heaven!

Only drawback is their price, which I believe is advertised at $600 or so each, BUT, you can probably get them down to $300-ish each if you look around.

#7 ·
How are they for music?
I have 4648th cabs( 2 x 2226h) and 1 2446h compression driver for LCR. Due to my moving in a few months I never had a chance to set them up.

I know they are going to do extremely well for ht but how about music?
Heh. :)

You're so adorable. :D

And to answer your question: Awesome.

If you want to really rock that joint, you've got the right gear. If all you want to do is hear the delicate upper harmonics of those violins from your Diana Krall SACD's then maybe keep looking. ;)

I think you know what to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.