AVS Forum banner

The Undertaker- Two Nearfield SI HST-18's

26K views 396 replies 53 participants last post by  beastaudio 
#1 · (Edited)
BUT WHAT COULD ALL THAT WOOD BE FOR?

Attachments

See less See more
#21 ·
It is closer to 17 cuft, and it just went off to Josh Ricci so he can get his testing done on the 24 :)

please tell me you are doing this!!!!!!!!!!!
Already did a massive tuned ported IB. Been there done that....Haha Great guessing though all around. I'd like you all to welcome back the HST-18. Nick will now officially be producing these again at a price you guys I think will really like. Nick will be shipping this to the CONUS for $589. Some of the T/S Specs have changed, like the Fs of 17hz as Rilla pointed out, as well as:

Qts: 0.32
Vas: 267 Litres
Mms: 538 g
Cms: 145

What all this means basically is this bad boy will play nicely all the way down to about the smallest box you could really fit it in. 3 cuft will work quite nicely :)

#28 ·
Ported IB was pretty awesome for the low stuff, can't comment on anything above 40hz as that is as far as I really used. I meant to try different port lengths and sealed IB with measurements, but I was literally starting to rip the staircase above the IB off the concrete and chose to cut my loses before any more damage could be done. I could knock things off the wall upstairs and rattle dishes almost out of the cabinets if the cabinet doors were somehow left open. It was pretty intense. I managed to gain about 12dB at 10hz adding it to the sealed 18's up front though, and that was with dual 12" diameter ports about a foot long. I had another port built out for 5 inch length, but never installed it as we pulled one of the RE's at the g2g, and ended up getting offers on both of them to sell. If I didn't have the other 8 up front (soon to be 10) then I would have kept it around and played with it a little more, but it was truly unnecessary. Still was quite the fun little project.

#31 ·
I have no idea what those numbers mean (shocking, I know). How is it different from the "regular" SI 18s the you and many of us already have?

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.