AVS Forum banner

Any cool DIY line array builds ?

32K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  Russell Burrows 
#1 ·
#49 · (Edited)
I have line arrays and they are incredible. Not DIY, mine were built by Al Wooley of RAW Acoustics for CSS about 10 years ago. Then I bought them from CSS last November. Currently talking with Al about upgrading the mids to Wavecors to match the center he built for me...I can't stay away from the upgrade bug :)

Huge sweet spot and incredibly dynamic. Plus lots of Aurum Cantus ribbons which sound amazing. I am a ribbon junkie :)

Custom center with CSS RT2 ribbon, Wavecor WF120BD06 mids and CSS LDW7 woofers, ported and tune to 27hz.

#50 ·
I have line arrays and they are incredible. Not DIY, mine were built by Al Wooley of RAW Acoustics for CSS about 10 years ago. Then I bought them from CSS last November. Currently talking with Al about upgrading the mids to Wavecors to match the center he built for me...I can't stay away from the upgrade bug :)

Huge sweet spot and incredibly dynamic. Plus lots of Aurum Cantus ribbons which sound amazing. I am a ribbon junkie :)

Custom center with CSS RT2 ribbon, Wavecor WF120BD10 mids and CSS LDW7 woofers, ported and tune to 27hz.
In addition to their efficiency and stellar sound qualities they simply look awesome!!!!!

#56 ·
The highest 1w/1w sensitivity possible is around 119dB with horns. That translates to about 50% efficiency. It's less than that with direct radiators. It doesn't matter how many you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.