AVS Forum banner

DIY L+R recommendation to go with Klipsch RC-62ii center

531 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  thucker 
#1 ·
I could make my life really easy by just buying some Klipsch RF-82ii's, but is there a good DIY alternative to these? Making my mini-marty was difficult yet rewarding so I'm willing to take some time to make a couple of fronts so long as I can equal the Klipsch quality of my RC-62ii center (and also blend well with this speaker.) Additionally my four surrounds are Klipsch 5.25" bookshelves. This system is used 95%+ for movies/home theater/TV...not music.

Budget-wise I wouldn't want to go much above $600 for the pair considering the aforementioned RF82's can be had delivered to the door for $960 right now.

I'm also open to DIY bookshelves and assume the speaker I'd build should have a horn to match the Klipsch.

Thanks for reading!

#5 ·
The site is down for maintenance- the alchemy series is rarely "out of stock" in terms of parts, site will likely be 100% again in the next week or two- you can search the forum here for details or read about it at DIYSG.

And yes, the bookshelf is wonderful- many happy customers, was just giving you the DIY closest match to the Klipsch alternative you were eyeing

via Tapatalk

#6 ·
The site is down for maintenance- the alchemy series is rarely "out of stock" in terms of parts, site will likely be 100% again in the next week or two- you can search the forum here for details or read about it at DIYSG.

And yes, the bookshelf is wonderful- many happy customers, was just giving you the DIY closest match to the Klipsch alternative you were eyeing
Great info, chrisslone. I'll look into all of this. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.