AVS Forum banner

Price equivalent DIY?

710 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mtnboydl 
#1 ·
Hey DIY-ers,

I'm interested in doing a DIY speaker build for my office (I have rear channels in the ceiling) and I need right/left/center for my desk and to the sides.

Is there a DIY option that would meet or exceed the Polk Monitor60 Series II for less on price?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290206

I'd like to do something with a flat pack so I don't need a router (one tool I don't have)

I looked all through DIYsoundgroup and was interested in the Fusion-4 quad (28" tall is pretty impressive!) but just not sure if there are any other packs out there. A tower-ish setup for the R/L would be great, but I need something horizontal for the center channel to sit on my desk under the monitor.

Thanks!

#8 ·
I have built and heard these and I approve. With a matching sub, of course!
(although depending on the size of your office, you may not need these)

You should also check out the Hitmakers because they were designed with nearfield listening in mind.

#10 ·
I don't think I'd even bother with a center. With it on the desk pointing at your chest, you're not going to be getting optimal sound from it, and since you're always going to be sitting right in front of the monitor, a pair of front speakers will line up perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.