AVS Forum banner

Simple HPF for Anarchy TH

320 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  A9X-308 
#1 ·
I've been experimenting with my Subwoofer setup, (perpetually lol) and have found a setup that I quite enjoy - I'm using a pair of Anarchy 6.5" Tapped Horns, crossed over in stereo using a paradigm X-30. In addition, a Seaton Submersive fed from LFE channel.
the whole front end is run off a 5 channel amp. (LFR+2 TH subs)

The pair of Anarchy horns sit wide, and the SM sits in the middle. this really smooths out the bass, and actually adds some punch. Music I listen in "pure direct" mode, and its nice to have the stereo subs for this as well.

The bass setup in my receiver is set to "both". in my Marantz 8002, its the only way to get any appreciable bass out of the LFE channel.

So far I haven't really cranked the system set up this way, and worry about sub bass being sent to the Anarchy horns. I know that a 20Hz HPF is needed to protect these. What's the simplest (cheapest) way I can add this?

#2 ·
#5 ·
I've got a mini DSP but don't have a PC close by that is always powered on to power it via USB. There is so much conflicting data regarding power supplies for it out there, what makes extra noise etc, it turns me right off of it.

Why it doesn't come with a power supply is beyond me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.