Replacing Drivers Please Help! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Replacing Drivers Please Help!

Hello all,

I have an ancient enclosure that I want to re-use and replace the drivers in as the original ones are completely destroyed. It's a ported enclosure with a volume of about 1 cubic ft and has spaces for a 3" tweeter and an 8" woofer. I will be replacing the crossover with whatever I need.

What Driver suggestions do you have? How much should I look at spending if I want middle of the road performance?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Why do you want to reuse this "ancient" cab? Save yourself a ton of trouble and build a proven kit. The flat packs are cheap and easy to assemble. If you're worried about a good finish use duratex.

If you really want to try something new. Please search around and do some research to get an idea of what you're getting into. It's not impossible but it will be a long road.

post #3 of 3 Old Today, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
A call to Parts express can help you with drivers for you cabinet. They have a staff which I have heard is very helpful with suggesting DIY projects and replacement speakers. Good luck.

Mitsubishi 3800 projector onto 103 inch DIY AT screen.
Marantz 8802A 7.3.4. Sound ably handled with legacy Minimus 77 and Minimus 7 speakers
DIY IB sub system. Two pairs of Dayton 15 inch and one pair of JBL 12 inch.
Power amps used are Harman Kardon Signature 2.1 Kenwood KM-X1 Kenwood KM 106 Hafler DH200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page