AVS Forum banner

Beast's 2nd Annual G2G!!!! Nov 21st!

13K views 288 replies 52 participants last post by  Madaeel 
#1 · (Edited)
This one's gonna be fun! Still working on what all we want to do here but I will update this as it comes together.

Where:

The Bass Bunker AKA the Belly of the Beast aka The High Country Theater, Asheville, NC

Attendees

Josh Ricci @Ricci
Bosso (He won't respond anyways)
Paul @Shreds
Max @maxmercy
Nick @Electrodynamic
Marty @16hz lover
David @dgage)
Dave @Reefdvr27
John @ambesolman
Steve @NWCgrad
@MJ Braz
@ORIF
@24Changer
@TMcG
@Scott Simonian
@Madaeel
@homeskizzle
FIFO
@rabident
@Nexgen76

Format

~Showcase the minidsp Dirac DDRC-88a unit (if I get it figured out by then)
~Showcase Dolby Atmos/ Auro 3d demo discs in full Atmos 7.2.4
~Perhaps some additional quick movie clips with my full system still running
~Good Food
~Showcase the DSS marianas with more movie clips/beat ourselves close to submission
~Crank some concert discs/keep it controlled, maybe...
~Special requests
~Maybe end up with a movie for the guys that want to stay late.

I am open to suggestions on format changes as well, just preliminary at this point. There may also be some other really fun Guests joining from the brilliant minds at .1 technology as well some type of evil creation Josh might have cooked up.... He isn't even telling me about it.

Hotel accomodations

http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/north-carolina/asheville/days-inn-asheville-north/hotel-overview

This place is literally across the street from my development. Super easy to get to and you could almost walk there if you get over-served, which can happen when sipping on all the fine beers Asheville has to offer.

Food/Beer/Cost

Let me know what you guys think for total per person. I think we normally do around $50 per guy to cover everything, but we might be able to come out a little cheaper than that. I will get all the local brews ahead of time and depending on what you guys want to do on food, preorder that to be delivered sometime around 1:00-2:00.

I have a few more spots I could fill, so lemme hear it, @rush2049 @Sibuna @popalock @Archaea @Scott Simonian. Ill find you a cheap flight again :D @popalock (you know you got airline points, but nah, I just tagged you so you could follow along). @ChopShop1 (where you at brah?) and anyone else that might want to join!!!

See less See more
#7 ·
I'll keep a spot with your name on it until you tell me otherwise. I have a few others reserved for guys that are on the fence, but still additional openings after that. We get to 20 or so total confirmed, that's getting close to pushing it. but as always, not everyone will be wanting to do the theater thing at the same time, so it usually works out where 12 or so are getting down, while others are snacking/chatting upstairs and whatnot.

Live podcast of the entire event. Ha! Sooner or later someone will cave and oblige me.
I've mentioned the dropcam idea before, but I don't know how many people could log into that at the same time to watch, so give me a good solution and Im all ears. :D Skype with a webcam?

Wait wait wait, a G2G in Asheville!? So not fair. Have a great time. :)
Where you at man?

#8 ·
I really want to go to this meet. I am so broke right now. :(

If you find a cheap flight, let me know but it doesn't look good for this visit. Do another in 2016 and I'll do my best to be financially prepared for it. In fact, is that when Austin comes back?

Either way... have fun! Take lots of pictures and video. :)

#10 ·
I am down if the other guys are. I don't even own a camera though so.... that might need to be supplied as well. other problem is, with the lights down, in my space, you wouldn't be able to see but just a few sillouettes of some heads bobbing and whatnot. :D I don't call it the bass bunker for no reason ;)

#13 ·
Since this is the third time you've hosted this thing, wouldn't that make it the 3rd annual gtg?

For those interested in that hotel, I got a room for $79/night on Hotwire when it was $110 last year.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]

#22 ·
Sounds like a good time, looking forward to it. I hate to say I am picky on food but, I do not do fast food; Subway is a stretch. Pizza is cool if it is a local pizzeria; I heard Asheville Pizza & Brewing is decent. Of course Mellow Mushroom is always good. Or, what is ya'lls thoughts on a local deli catering? I would think $15-20 would cover catering; Romans on Haywood or Jason's on Westgate Pkwy. Or just ordering box lunches from McAllister's. Wings are always a good choice too.

Beast ~ Can you PM me your address?

#30 ·
Asheville pizza is a fine idea, they have great pies, as well as some decent wings and other stuff. Romans is good if you want to sit on the pot for the remainder of the evening after you eat their sandwiches. I won't be catering any fast food dont worry. Other options are a great bbq place down the road from me that seemed to work last time, (minus the tray of mac I never got) or anywhere basically on the valet gourmet website that delivers. Could do Moe's southwest too.

I live in Madison, MS
That;s the spirit!

#42 ·
"Never do a drug named after a part of your own a$$." -- Dennis Leary

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]

#54 ·
I got a whole drawer of spoons for you.

Looks like no easy way to get there from Philly. I'd be tempted to come but 9hrs in a car makes for a long weekend. No good flights either.
No easy way? the drive down 81 through the Shenandoa Valley is absolutely beautiful. I make that drive twice a year to come up and see Rilla and his troop :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.