1899 build with horizontal center - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 178Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
gixerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freniata View Post
Can't believe you still watch TV on a PC monitor !
Think maybe I should upgrade to dual monitors?
Freniata and 18Hurts like this.
gixerking is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerking View Post
Think maybe I should upgrade to dual monitors?
TWO monitors? OMG, don't want to go that over the top--people might think you tend to the overkill darkside.
gixerking likes this.
18Hurts is offline  
post #183 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
gixerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hurts View Post
TWO monitors? OMG, don't want to go that over the top--people might think you tend to the overkill darkside.
Yeah you right, I need to work on surrounds first. At some point you come to the understanding that your current surrounds are lacking...lol


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	2076001  
18Hurts likes this.
gixerking is offline  
 
post #184 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerking View Post
Yeah you right, I need to work on surrounds first. At some point you come to the understanding that your current surrounds are lacking...lol
I have an idea, use the 1899's for surrounds. Ya see, Danley Sound Labs just rolled out their newest Synergy Horn and it fits--you! Twelve 18" woofers, thirty-two 8" mids and sixty-four 1" compression tweeters all wrapped around a 10 feet high, 4 feet wide and over 5 foot deep horn. It requires 8 channels of amplification for each speaker but by running 4 channel amps, only take up about 8 rack spaces. Max output over 160dB at one meter but even if you run it at only 1 percent, that is still 140dB at one meter--think of how low the distortion would be!

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/j5-4015-caleb/

Weight? Yeah, they weigh a ton (literally) but only 907 KG for create denial with weights and measures.

Still going with the HTM-12 for surrounds or maybe the Titan 615?
gixerking and eng-399 like this.
18Hurts is offline  
post #185 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Raylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Raylon is offline  
post #186 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
gixerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hurts View Post
I have an idea, use the 1899's for surrounds. Ya see, Danley Sound Labs just rolled out their newest Synergy Horn and it fits--you! Twelve 18" woofers, thirty-two 8" mids and sixty-four 1" compression tweeters all wrapped around a 10 feet high, 4 feet wide and over 5 foot deep horn. It requires 8 channels of amplification for each speaker but by running 4 channel amps, only take up about 8 rack spaces. Max output over 160dB at one meter but even if you run it at only 1 percent, that is still 140dB at one meter--think of how low the distortion would be!

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/j5-4015-caleb/

Weight? Yeah, they weigh a ton (literally) but only 907 KG for create denial with weights and measures.

Still going with the HTM-12 for surrounds or maybe the Titan 615?

I was sold until the 10' tall. Gotta fit in here bruh!


I'm leaning to the titan. I prefer a 3way and I don't plan on mounting from the ceiling like I did in my previous house.
18Hurts likes this.
gixerking is offline  
post #187 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerking View Post
I was sold until the 10' tall. Gotta fit in here bruh!

I'm leaning to the titan. .
It's a Synergy Horn, bruh! You can lay it down horizontal without lobing issues--just 30 feet of space for your front three. Get rid of all those benches and use the Calebs for tops--trying to help.

A Titan 615 for a surround? Geez, I use Fusion 10's for mains and plan on Volt 6 or 8's for surrounds--I'm not worthy! I guess if you ever go with DTS X or whatever, the Radian 12 inch coaxials with Be drivers might be an option.
18Hurts is offline  
post #188 of 189 Old 04-09-2017, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
gixerking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hurts View Post
It's a Synergy Horn, bruh! You can lay it down horizontal without lobing issues--just 30 feet of space for your front three. Get rid of all those benches and use the Calebs for tops--trying to help.

A Titan 615 for a surround? Geez, I use Fusion 10's for mains and plan on Volt 6 or 8's for surrounds--I'm not worthy! I guess if you ever go with DTS X or whatever, the Radian 12 inch coaxials with Be drivers might be an option.

Haha over in the shop I have room to do whatever I wanted. In the house, I don't have 10' tall or 30' wide lol.

You are worthy my friend, just gotta re-focus! These klipsch will eventually be atmos speakers.
18Hurts likes this.
gixerking is offline  
post #189 of 189 Old 04-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
If only I had room for these...
The_Helmsman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off