Can someone help me with my NU6000DSP? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
post #31 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Cav View Post
I purchased my 3k's from Sweetwater and my 6k from Amazon during the Black Friday sale. Guess I'll be giving my guy at SW a call to see if we can rectify this annoying issue asap.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
When I had a hum in my system, I had a few pops from my iNuke 1000dsp when I turned it off from the front on/off switch. However, since I've rectified the hum, I haven't had that problem. Do you still have a pronounced hum/buzz in your drivers that are connected to your iNukes that are popping when hitting the on/off switch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post
When I had a hum in my system, I had a few pops from my iNuke 1000dsp when I turned it off from the front on/off switch. However, since I've rectified the hum, I haven't had that problem. Do you still have a pronounced hum/buzz in your drivers that are connected to your iNukes that are popping when hitting the on/off switch?
Yes I do

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #33 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes I do

Have you identified its source? I first tried unplugging the coaxial cable coming from outside. I for some reason thought it was my amp until @brian6751 suggested that I try unplugging all of my hdmi inputs. I noticed that when I was switching inputs on my remote, the hum would disappear. I unplugged all my hdmi inputs and plugged them in one by one checking to see if the hum returned. It didn't return until I plugged in my projector hdmi connection. Additionally, whenever I unplugged my projector the hum would go away.

I purchased the Ebtech Hum X Voltage Hum Filter, and the hum is now all but gone. It's completely gone from my six more typical subs and I need to have my ear to the cone to hear a very minimal hum from my high efficiency subs. I'd try alleviating your hum to see if the popping goes away as well. Once the hum was gone, I no longer heard any popping upon start up or shut down.
brian6751 and Fattykidd like this.

post #34 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Have you identified its source? I first tried unplugging the coaxial cable coming from outside. I for some reason thought it was my amp until @brian6751 suggested that I try unplugging all of my hdmi inputs. I noticed that when I was switching inputs on my remote, the hum would disappear. I unplugged all my hdmi inputs and plugged them in one by one checking to see if the hum returned. It didn't return until I plugged in my projector hdmi connection. Additionally, whenever I unplugged my projector the hum would go away.

I purchased the Ebtech Hum X Voltage Hum Filter, and the hum is now all but gone. It's completely gone from my six more typical subs and I need to have my ear to the cone to hear a very minimal hum from my high efficiency subs. I'd try alleviating your hum to see if the popping goes away as well. Once the hum was gone, I no longer heard any popping upon start up or shut down.
That's great info @VicTorious1 , thank you. I haven't gone any further than identifying the fact that turning the amp on or off produces the hum. I think I remember @eng-399 mentioning something about using a stripped wire to ground his amp to another amp in his rack, thus alleviating the hum. I'm not 100% if it was Mike or not as I've been on an AVS binge recently and certain threads and member names are starting to blur together.

The HDMI possibility is one I haven't considered at all. It just strikes me as odd that my other equipment would affect the amps since everything else is in a rack connected to a Furman (M8-DX) power conditioner strip. Whereas the amps are completely separate sitting on a shelf, & plugged directly into a different outlet which I'm pretty sure is on a separate circuit. But who knows, electricity can be a very funny thing. I'll give the 'unplug and verify' method a try here shortly.

post #35 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's great info @VicTorious1 , thank you. I haven't gone any further than identifying the fact that turning the amp on or off produces the hum. I think I remember @eng-399 mentioning something about using a stripped wire to ground his amp to another amp in his rack, thus alleviating the hum. I'm not 100% if it was Mike or not as I've been on an AVS binge recently and certain threads and member names are starting to blur together.

The HDMI possibility is one I haven't considered at all. It just strikes me as odd that my other equipment would affect the amps since everything else is in a rack connected to a Furman (M8-DX) power conditioner strip. Whereas the amps are completely separate sitting on a shelf, & plugged directly into a different outlet which I'm pretty sure is on a separate circuit. But who knows, electricity can be a very funny thing. I'll give the 'unplug and verify' method a try here shortly.

You may also want to try plugging the amps into the same outlet/circuit as your other equipment. I've also seen people ground the receiver to the screw holding the outlet plate cover onto the wall.
post #36 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've also seen people ground the receiver to the screw holding the outlet plate cover onto the wall.
THIS^^!

Well, actually it was slightly more involved than that. Step by step..

1. Unhooked and checked all XLR and speakon cables, to include the XLR Y-cable that connects the two 3k's and plugging just the hum amp directly to the receiver. No change
2. Unplugged all 4 HDMI cables at once. Had my daughter listen as I plugged each of the cables back into their respective inputs in the receiver one by one. Starting with the 4th cable and working my way back up to the 1st introduced the hum incrementally louder. Unplugging the corresponding components (blu ray player, hd-dvd player, xfinity box) didnt relieve the hum so I kept fiddling.
3. Didn't want to open a perfectly good roll of 12awg wire so I found an old brown 16awg extension cord, stripped it and ground the receiver to the offending 3k amp. HUM 95% ELIMINATED

Thanks for the brain spark Vic! My frustration and apparent lack of sleep really made this seem like an insurmountable obstacle for a few hours. Now I know how my teenage daughter feels when she can't find her iPhone lol

Last edited by 1st Cav; 12-02-2016 at 04:33 PM.
post #37 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Now for some reason a medium sized hiss/buzz is coming from my side surrounds and front left speaker only. When I unplug those 3 speakers the sound is gone. They've all worked fine as far as I can tell but would wiring them wrong create this issue? In the past when Ive made that mistake the receiver clicks and tells me that I've screwed up, but I havent had that happen lately.

Oh well guess it's back to the hunt for me. At least it's not as annoyingly loud and obnoxious as the sub amp was.

ejr1212 likes this.
post #38 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Now for some reason a medium sized hiss/buzz is coming from my side surrounds and front left speaker only. When I unplug those 3 speakers the sound is gone. They've all worked fine as far as I can tell but would wiring them wrong create this issue? In the past when Ive made that mistake the receiver clicks and tells me that I've screwed up, but I havent had that happen lately.

Oh well guess it's back to the hunt for me. At least it's not as annoyingly loud and obnoxious as the sub amp was.

Are you using Volts as surrounds? Or other HE speakers? Mine initially had a slight hum.
post #39 of 45 Unread 12-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Are you using Volts as surrounds? Or other HE speakers? Mine initially had a slight hum.
Volt 8's for rear surrounds, Fusion 8's for side surround. But I've had the F8's for 6 months and have used them exclusively (read: they were my only speakers for 4 of the last 6 months) without any issue whatsoever. Which makes the current hiss pretty confusing

post #40 of 45 Unread 12-10-2016, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 572
Received my relay modules from the OC the other day, finally got them installed and connected correctly(I'm a daft fool some days, LOL) after a 45min phone conversation..lol. No more power on/off thump on my 6000dsp's.
Craftsmanship is first rate, This gentleman takes pride in his work. SUPER happy now that everything is playing nice. And a pleasure to help support a small Diy endeavor. They turned out better than I could/would have done on my own.

Thank you @kevings for your help, and Bill is a first rate guy with tons of class.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image004.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1822193   Click image for larger version

Name:	image016.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1822201   Click image for larger version

Name:	image039.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	1822209  
Waterboy77 likes this.
post #41 of 45 Unread 12-10-2016, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattykidd View Post
Received my relay modules from the OC the other day, finally got them installed and connected correctly(I'm a daft fool some days, LOL) after a 45min phone conversation..lol. No more power on/off thump on my 6000dsp's.
Craftsmanship is first rate, This gentleman takes pride in his work. SUPER happy now that everything is playing nice. And a pleasure to help support a small Diy endeavor. They turned out better than I could/would have done on my own.

Thank you @kevings for your help, and Bill is a first rate guy with tons of class.
Cool, good to know it works well. My relay should be here in a couple of days.
Fattykidd likes this.

Sony XBR75X940C
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
LG65E6 OLED
post #42 of 45 Unread 12-11-2016, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattykidd View Post

Fatty, I'm glad we were able to get you squared away. Like I mentioned over the phone....you have got a hell of nice system, and I'm glad we were able to get rid of the annoying and unpredictable power down thump. Also, I'll pass along your kind words to Bill, as I'm sure he will appreciate them.
Waterboy77 and Fattykidd like this.
post #43 of 45 Unread 05-12-2017, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevings View Post
Fatty, I'm glad we were able to get you squared away. Like I mentioned over the phone....you have got a hell of nice system, and I'm glad we were able to get rid of the annoying and unpredictable power down thump. Also, I'll pass along your kind words to Bill, as I'm sure he will appreciate them.

Kevings Or Fatty,
I recently finished my Marty cube builds and upgraded my amp from EP4000 to the Inuke Nu6000dsp.
And I'm getting the dreaded power down thump.
Is their anyway for me get ahold of one of these devices.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #44 of 45 Unread 05-19-2017, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarias View Post
Kevings Or Fatty,
I recently finished my Marty cube builds and upgraded my amp from EP4000 to the Inuke Nu6000dsp.
And I'm getting the dreaded power down thump.
Is their anyway for me get ahold of one of these devices.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent your way.
post #45 of 45 Unread Today, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm getting power on thump with my inuke6000dsp.
I'd like to buy one of these relays too if possible?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs