AVS Forum banner

Subs under screen ?

440 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Fabricator 
#1 ·
doing research and probably overthinking (AGAIN).

I AM NOW SERIOUSLY THINKING OF REPLACING MY 2 DIY SUBS, oooops.
they are css sd12's in 5.5ish cf ported. they used to be right behind my chair. they sounded not bad, but i need more. i moved em to that spot to see how they would fit and sound.

the front runner now is the Ultimax 18, 2 of em. each in a 3'x2'x2'ish ported.
2x ep2500 and a dcx2496.

room is kinda big, 14' wide, 9' tall, and about 40' long = theater room, living room, dining room and kitchen all one room.

my question: what, if any, issues may i have with placing them under the screen ? = probably over thinking..... oh, don't worry about the door. they will be on wheels and moved over when not in use.

thanx

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If you really need more then putting a pair under the screen wouldn't hurt, but I'd leave the other two in back of the LP. With that 40 foot length you need them.

#3 ·
well that doesn't sound encouraging :( . but yeah, my room is pretty large.
if i were to replace the chair subs i think i would do a good sealed, for it being tighter and smaller.

#5 ·
well, last night i tried it out with the subs placed like in that pic. didn't work well. so i turned the subs to face forward, work much better, but still not great, and barely good. but, i got to see the subs placed more out in the room, and i am ok with it, so perhaps larger boxs can help. like 18-20 or more cf.

side note, i ended up blowing my ep2500 :(:(:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.