Suggestions for DIY JBL HT rear speaker placement (seats against back wall) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Suggestions for DIY JBL HT rear speaker placement (seats against back wall)

Do any of you have suggestions on where to place a DIY build for rear speakers in my small theater. The MLP love seat is against the back wall center. Two of my 8340a's are currently in the back corners facing forward and they really do not work for the MLP.

I was thinking that the baffle, if ceiling mounted could be tilted some so that they could be heard in seats forward of the MLP.

I was also thinking about a box mounted in the rear corners with a slanted front like the sides but at a 45 degree in the corner so that they face both forwards and to the center rear. They would be off-axis but I am still contemplating locations. My door and Projector present even more issues for speaker placement in the rear.

I have 6 JBL 2206's (2 for the rears) and 435AL's (because I have a pair) and the STX815 70 X 70 WG. My surrounds will also consist of this setup except with 2453SL's on the same WG. I will sink those into the wall a bit to minimize intrusion into my small room. They will have a 20 degree slanted front like the 8340a's that these will replace.

I have not put them in yet but I also have 4 JBL Control 321C's for Atmos height spekers.

The link to my theater is in my signature if you would like to take a look. Let me know if I should take additional pictures as well. Scroll towards the bottom for the most recent pictures of the theater.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone may have.

Last edited by Lynkage; Yesterday at 10:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 03:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 412 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2343 Post(s)
Liked: 2581
quite a bit of audio power you have going on your theater. :-)

not sure if you have considered this or something like this. it would allow some experimentation with the angling.

rear corner placement firing a little over the head of the mlp may work.

a little experimentation with the eq may also help balance things out on the rears if that is possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r.png
Views:	37
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1975193  

Listen. It's All Good.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
quite a bit of audio power you have going on your theater. :-)

not sure if you have considered this or something like this. it would allow some experimentation with the angling.

rear corner placement firing a little over the head of the mlp may work.

a little experimentation with the eq may also help balance things out on the rears if that is possible.

Thanks for the reply LTD02!!

Power is good!

Yes I have thought about using the bracket however, it puts the speaker out in the room even further.

I should probably do a mock-up of the corner speaker to see what that can give me.

The crown DCi N's have alot of DSP capability and I also have 2 BSS BLU-80's if needed so I don't think EQ is a problem!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page