AVS Forum banner

24" 3500w RMS $254

91K views 869 replies 125 participants last post by  iron_monkey 
#1 ·
alibaba

I was thinking of buying a sample unit from these guys.
For this price it is hard to resist.

Gonna test the water, see if they are legit,
Also to see if the product is legit, see how good she woofs.

The magnet on these look absolutely huge. Possibly bigger than the LMS-18 motor or even the BHS-24.
Which means: HEAVY.
Which means: expensive shipping.
As the base price isn't much more than a UM-18, it looks like 50-75% of the cost would ACTUALLY be in the shipping.

I don't really care what the TS specs are, as I really just want a driver that I can "beat up".
Beating heavily on my existing subs ain't an option! (I need all of those to keep on working!)

Too bad the MOQ is 50. :(
I haven't contacted them yet, so no idea what they might charge for a sample unit at this time. Even if the sample was double the MOQ price, that is STILL a good buy. Because: Where else are you gonna get a 24 for that price?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I contacted them for a quote on a sample unit, as well as a unit of 50.
Plus any additional info they might have on it.

We'll see what they say!

In China it's Sunday 2:42 AM right now, so I don't really expect an answer until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, but who knows...

#11 ·
I did ask them for those.

Hopefully they can read English sentences. They must be able to read some English because I see that they have made 9 +$10K transactions in the last 6 months, and several of those customers were from Trumpland.

We will see...

#6 · (Edited)
Reactions: pgwalsh
#8 ·
Sensitivity 75-90 dB. :D
Specs remind me somewhat of those fake china tube amps which are actually solid state amps with just couple of tubes that glow there and do nothing. :D

Here is one with better sensitivity and 1 sample to order. :D
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60517248436.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.uGA9vj

Yeah I saw that one.

Look at the magnet though:

Maybe that's how they actually ship out and the other one I listed was just to attract buyers. :D With China, ya just never know!

Attachments

#10 ·
Don't do it man...
Cough...CA30...cough... ;)
Yeah there was a LOT of risk buying that amp, and I knew I might get burned.

At least it wasn't DOA, and at least it is dual 2-ohm stable, and at least it is more powerful than the XTI4000/EP4000 it replaced.
But yeah, the FP14K is like 2-3 times more powerful, 1/4 the weight, and 1/4 the size and only a few hundid more. ;)

At least with drivers there is a lot less to mess up: a coil in a magnetic field. and hopefully they remember to glue it and magnetize it. :eek:

My goal with this 24 is to basically blow it up anyways, so it is not like I'll "cry" if it doesn't live very long. :p
I'm tired of handling my LMS's with white gloves, knowing that I can never replace them if I cook them.
I just need a woofer where I can get drunk, put my wife beaters on, and go to town with. hehe :p

Attachments

#9 ·
Interesting . . .

first reaction: Almost too good to be true!

Who is gonna take one for the team ?

#12 ·
It says they had an exhibition at CES this year:
"2.CES 2017(Las Vegas,U.S.A. Jan.06-09,2017)North hall,3017"

Wonder if there's any review info out there, or anybody with hands on experience at their booth at CES. Can't find anything with a simple Google search.

#14 ·
Imo, it might work okay, even be best buy, however, I expect pretty high failure rates, so you just might go through couple of them before you settle on one that won't melt in two days.

#15 ·
Looks tempting, but I'm old for some $$$ ripoffs.
Someone has to try. Yesterday I disassembled some awesomely looking car woofer, shiny parabolic cone without dustcap, so much material on the surround, that they had to melt four pairs of rubber boots to make it, even magnet was solid, but that was it. Very poor spider, very thin pole piece, no optimalization to it whatsoever, mathematical Xmax about 8mm. So except for magnets it all goes...
Was thinking about making levitation device, or making some funny DIY speaker. I spotted base part in bicycle wheel tyre. 26" looks like good starter. How about cone....
Anyway, I'll be watching this thread.
If proved good, I might use this monster under my 21DS115 to go 10-30Hz. ;-)

#16 ·
In 5-7 more hours they should be starting their Monday shift in China.

Hopefully we will hear a response before bedtime.

#19 ·
When u get it make sure someone who knows that stuff tears it to pieces to see whats good and whats bad in the build. With those chinese mass producers you can agree for pretty much anything...so for example, you could ask for copper voice coil instead of aluminum...

#20 ·
Bigus: Flat cone is the worst performing one. It should be conical.
kgveteran: Yes, We know they can do it. The question is, if they really did. Because it´s more likely they didn´t. It would not be wise to jump on it blindly.
donkrard has it right. Disassembly of one piece (after measurement) would tell us a lot.

#25 ·
Mark, you are wrong. Assumtions but zero facts. I do not use JinLida for complete drivers - have not for many years now. I build all of my 24's by hand using various parts from various suppliers.

AFAIK, Mark's quality control is 4 out of 4 bad drivers. See, not accurate but I assumed a lot. :p

#23 ·
They got back to me.

They provided no details other than:
$265 for a sample
and $260 for 50.

They said paypal is acceptable. (I assume that's for the sample only. LOL)

#24 ·
I specifically asked them for a copper VC and quad stacked magnet. Dual 2-ohm.
We will see what they actually give me. LOL

Attachments

#27 ·
They said the cost to ship is $500. Brutal...
Bringing the total to $762.

and you know customs is gonna charge a fee just to lift the box, let alone inspect it. LOL

#34 ·
I'd love to get the two of them in a room together. They could either duke it out or hug it out (maybe both) and then move on to bigger and better things. Maybe they could merge their two companies together and take over the DIY sub driver market completely! LOL

-----In case it's not clear to everyone, my comments are only intended to be in good fun :D-----

#54 ·
Adding 50 24's to my room.
That might just be enough bass... :p

Attachments

#58 ·
Same here. The benefits of domestic manufacturing is usually the quality , or we expect that and gladly support it. Buying from CN is a risk at times, but some have had good QC from CN. The CA30 never panned out but some others have been doing well with the other copy amps.

what enclosure are you going to build for the 24" driver BassThatHz? Is there a T/S sheet for this driver?:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.