Cut Sheet for a 4 cu ft Sealed Box - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Cut Sheet for a 4 cu ft Sealed Box

I'm looking to build a 4 cu ft box for an SI DS-4. I have 2 in mini-marty's but they are a little to large for the room. Plus I need to add two more to the back of the room to take care of some room nulls. I need to know if anyone had a cut sheet for a sealed box that would net 4 cu ft after bracing and sub displacement. I was also thinking about using the cut sheet for a marty cube and modify the baffle for sealed instead of ported. Just wondering if anyone has tried using a sealed Marty Cube for an 18" sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
https://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Cal...akerBoxVolume/

This is what I use.. I then just use sketch up to lay the panels out for optimum usage of materials..

I just built a 4cuft box myself to test out because the mini Marty's I built are quite large..
post #3 of 7 Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 24
What did you think about the loss in output. I am contemplating going from dual mini Marty to sealed as well, but don't want to lose too much bass.

post #4 of 7 Old Today, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I swapped from a full marty to sealed 6 cubic foot and loss in output is pretty impressive. I needed smaller form factor too but I miss ported output.
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thanks for the link. That helped out a lot. I'm hoping by adding two more subs and another amp I shouldn't lose to much output. The power meters on the amp I have now barely move.
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 44
You asked the question has anyone used a sealed Marty Cube for an 18" sub, yes I have. I started off with SI HT18 with the std vented Marty Cube as the addiction grew I went with a pair of HST's but read that they do better in a sealed enclosure so I sealed the vent. Within the past 6 months I bought 2 SI DS4 and found out these do really well in a larger enclosure. I took the HST's out and put the DS4's in they sound great I really like my HST's but the DS4 are no slouch either.

Yamaha RX-A2010 LCR BIC DV84's w/ 2 SX2400 amps, Volt6 front height w/nu3000, Volt6 surround w/ EPX2800, Polk Audio Rt-35 pwred by AVR,
Infinity 1262's 2 pair w/ nu6000,SI DS4's in 2 sealed Marty Cube w/ IT 8000, 2 SI HST18's in Dual Opposed w/ A14K
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs