NU1000DSP help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
NU1000DSP help

Just went through the conversion of a plate amp to this pro amp. However, I have a couple issues that I would like some help on.

sub: 15" Dayton DVC 8ohm wired to 4ohm in 3cuft sealed.
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...nrw00s3dy0005c

1) Output power seems low - I cannot find the exact specs of the plate amp that I am replacing but it is a 750W Rthmik Audio plate amp, assuming its RMS rating is around 400w at 4ohm because that would match the sub. That amp ran awesome at about 40% level. However when I run the iNuke in bridge mode I can easily run it a 100% level, which would be 780W RMS. According the the sub, this should be killing the sub, but it is not. I have checked the wiring of the sub and it is correct, when I switch to Stereo mode and changing the wiring around, output seems close to the same (have no testing tools, all ears and watching the sub) In bridge mode I can get 1 light to show on the level meter, stereo mode I can get 2 lights.

2) Using XLR to RCA seems to have a decent hum when over 50% level.

3) Without any tools but Audyssey, any suggestions on automatic DSP changes for sealed boxes?

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked: 2126
You should run it in bridged mode.

You likely have a ground loop

You need to raise the sub output level from your avr.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Is the iNuke just over rated?

Would this one be better?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...FU1afgodeVkA1g

post #4 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Been playing with this for awhile after some reciever changes (Increased Sub Output level) and the output is better, however that damn Sub hum from turning the amp up is an issue.If I unplug the RCA, there is no hum.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 2070 Post(s)
Liked: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz369 View Post
Been playing with this for awhile after some reciever changes (Increased Sub Output level) and the output is better, however that damn Sub hum from turning the amp up is an issue.If I unplug the RCA, there is no hum.
Do you have cable tv? Try disconnecting it from the wall. The hum may go away.

Sometimes light dimmers and ceiling fans can cause hums.

Sometimes just the fact that you have two devices on two breakers or old ground wires inside the walls of the house of a shared breaker might be enough to cause a hum.

Try plugging the AVR and inuke directly into the same wallsocket, see if that helps. Sometimes "power conditioners" can cause hums as well.

Something in your house is causing the hum, you just have to find what combination of "things" that is.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Use bridged mode. Make sure your speakon is wired to the +1 and +2.

Good luck with the hum. They're a PITA to fix, but it's usually something simple. Mine was a night light on the same circuit as the amp.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Also those plug in air fresheners , highly recommend unplugging and throwing in the trash. Iv'e seen them create hum , pull enough power to trip 15a breakers , and one that had a glass beaker to hold the stink has about 6 layers of my fingerskin because it was hotter than a 100 watt lightbulb . If I'm troubleshooting a circuit first thing I do is take out every plug in nightlight and air freshener in the house , then recommend the owner throw them all away , I won't plug them back in .

It was like that when I got here
post #8 of 10 Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

It's the coax going to the Directv box. Will have to read-up on how to fix.
post #9 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked: 2126
cable ground loop isolator. search amazon
post #10 of 10 Unread Today, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I just put in two ground loop isolators from Amazon for Comcast cable and that removed my hum. They were $19 each. They are placed right before the cable box and screw right into the input, then the cable line screws into the isolator.

The lack of output is most likely caused by not having the gain set high enough. The knobs on the front of the INUKE are not volume knobs but set the gain input for the amp. Unless you have turned those up all the way and found a lack of output, this is most likely your easy fix.

The gain should be set to calibrate the sub(s) to the main system, and the AVR usually handles this but you can do it manually with any SPL app or a meter. There's a lot of threads in this forum about setting gains, maximizing your system etc, but it all comes down to making sure the input level from the amp, and if need be, the AVR, are set properly. They are rarily too high in these setups its usually a need to turn it up on the dial knob on the amp itself.

If you have turned your main volume all the way up and on the amp only get 2 lights -- and feel the output it lacking, gain is definitely your issue. It's quite possible to not go past 2 lights and have enough output, it all depends upon the system and the room. But the key is you used to have it cranking and the setup currently is not allowing for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs