I.S.C.T – ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ as a (Sealed/Vented) with Dual Side Walls … - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #31 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Why does my brain hurt every time I try to read an I.S.C.T thread? The end result look pretty cool, you have some interesting designs. Most of the sentences don't make any sense to me, I don't know why I torture myself reading them. I mainly just like looking at the pictures. My vote is for more pictures and less convoluted wordy sentences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnDean likes this.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 01:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Oh, I get it now. Basically, you make a big ported subwoofer, and then you make smaller sealed subwoofer. Then you put sealed subwoofer inside of ported subwoofer.
ZLTFUL likes this.

Revel Ultima Salon 2, Revel M106, Revel C208, Yamaha P5000S, Denon X5200, Panasonic 65" VT50, SVS PC13-Ultra
Kef LS50, Parasound New Classic, Focusrite 2i2
post #33 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by diy speaker guy View Post

Which original thread? I've seen you posting on lots of forums. The first thread I saw from you was on the parts express forum where you were banned for contentious behavior for talking down to the seasoned veterans and causing problems. Then you started sockpuppeting with different accounts and your sockpuppets were banned too. Which thread was the original one?

What I'm looking for is enough detail (either a picture or description) to simulate your design. This is the bare minimum required to have an intelligent discussion. I've seen a lot of threads. I've heard a lot of claims. I've seen you make up new words to describe things that are very old concepts. I've seen your marketing all over the internet. But I've never seen any details that could be used in any way to even begin to have a meaningful conversation about your "ported/sealed" concept.

rekt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brian6751 likes this.

post #34 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
Oh, I get it now. Basically, you make a big ported subwoofer, and then you make smaller sealed subwoofer. Then you put sealed subwoofer inside of ported subwoofer.
You think there's two drivers? A little sealed one inside the box of a larger ported one?
That just sounds weird. I can't think of a benefit.

Maybe it's both a bandpass and a ported design. eg.

Bandpass because the little sealed unit is inside the larger ported unit so it's only output is through the port ie. bandpass

Ported because the larger? driver is actually on the baffle so is just a normal ported driver but with the caveat that inside there is a driver that presumably alters the response due to it moving in response to the backwave of the ported driver.

Frankly it sounds like a waste of time, but each to their own.

I stand by my statement of the art being the focus otherwise we'd have been assaulted by sims proving the concept before a chassis was physically being created.

The complete lack of info suggests it's being created on the fly with no real research; and that's art.
post #35 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1573 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Eccentrics have always fascinated me.

There's an UpperCut Audio associated with Roland E. W. Mucke of Hastings, Hawkes Bay, NZ. Roland E. W. Mucke is also associated with UpperCut Artists Promotion, Web-Flash Artistry, etc., and is active on the DeviantArt site.

In various places Mr. Mucke has described himself as a native of Germany (explains English issues) with a professional background in electronics, automotive and computer engineering including Adobe software development who has had a lifelong interest in audio.

Images of UpperCut's speaker work on various forums appear to show really nice woodworking skills and artistic speaker forms and colors. They could almost be considered modernistic sculptures for artistic display. Nowhere is there any engineering data on how the speakers were designed or how they actually perform.

My best guess is that Mr. Mucke is trying to combine his artistic talents with his lifelong interest in audio to develop artsy looking and great sounding speakers, but that he may lack the engineering knowledge and skills to design and produce great sounding speakers and is using trial and error to construct various artistically pleasing shapes in hopes of eventually finding one that will also produce great sounds.
Brazle likes this.
post #36 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 71
...And to think I'll never get my 20 minutes back...

Actually, I love tube amps..
I play guitars through them.
post #37 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
Eccentrics have always fascinated me.

There's an UpperCut Audio associated with Roland E. W. Mucke of Hastings, Hawkes Bay, NZ. ...
The rabbit hole goes deep. The following is an earlier post of mine copied and pasted from one of the previous ISCT threads.

Doing a quick search for ISCT, UpperCut Audio, Roland E W Mucke will give enough links to keep you busy for a few days.

This is marketing, and he's pretty good at it, if you consider blanketing the internet with searchable terms and images to be good marketing.

A quick search shows he's been active at forums like this one, parts express techtalk, home theater shack, canuckaudiomart forum, usaaudiomart forum, audiokarma, audiocircle, as well as others. He has his own UpperCut identity as well as a number of sockpuppet accounts.
He's also advertising on :
- facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=710953813
- twitter - https://twitter.com/uppercutartists
- deviantart (in a bunch of different categories including this one) - http://uppercut-artists-pro.deviantart.com/
and a whole bunch of other social media outlets covering everything from speakers, fashion, photography, artography, artist promotion and other stuff.

These are specific ads for his speakers.

http://www.aussieaudiomart.com/detai...e-a-size-no-3/
http://www.uppercut-audio.webflashartistry.com/
https://postanote.co.nz/electronics/...1#.V-glbPkrKUl
https://postanote.co.nz/electronics/...0#.V-glcPkrKUl
and there's more if you search.

Don't be fooled, this is a massive marketing campaign. Posting in forums like this gives potential customers results if they do a search for his products, although I'm sure these forum discussions haven't gone the way he's wanted them to.

The ridiculous names (like ISCT) that he gives to existing concepts (like translam) and his insistence that he can't find anything that exists similar to his products despite months of searching (like the sealed and vented speaker which is by definition a bandpass) is all marketing.
post #38 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I hadn't seen the earlier thread and the links to all the "ads" are now broken. Certainly the audiophile market has always been ripe for scammers to take advantage of those with deep pockets who are susceptible to accepting the wildest audio claims. In this case there's almost a cartoonish nature that might cause even the most trusting of audiophiles to have doubts about anteing up cash. So I'm not yet convinced that this is a guerilla marketing campaign.

Like I said in my previous post, I've always been fascinated by eccentrics, and I've gotten to know quite a few in my lifetime. From past experience I can say that there are many characteristics of an eccentric inventor here along with the potential of someone looking to scam money out of people. So far I haven't seen any direct effort to scam money from anyone, so I remain open-minded as to what the actual motives are in this exercise.
CruelInventions likes this.
post #39 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Huh. And here I thought he ate one too many tabs.
wreckingball likes this.
post #40 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey, guys, I want to share with you this super amazing new design I came up with all on my own but I can't tell you anything real about it. I call it T.R.O.L.L. Hope you like it.
post #41 of 80 Old 03-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Someone has been looking at shock pistons for subwoofer design ideas

I'm guessing that instead of the piston (speaker) moving up and down in the body , the air will be moving , and instead of the shock rod ,that will be the "port" ? Maybe?

It was like that when I got here
post #42 of 80 Old 03-24-2017, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperCut View Post
I.S.C.T – ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ as a (Sealed/Vented) with Dual Side Walls ….

Friday, March 24 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST the lead thread!!!
Hi there again,

• An Image of the nearly completed center section (just four more slices to go, and then on to the Dom section!
  • Start of the Dom section.
  • Setting up the bottom end.

rgs UpperCut
post #43 of 80 Old 03-24-2017, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked: 763
post #44 of 80 Old 03-25-2017, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 377
This thread reminds me of when I was in engineering undergrad, and se competed in SAE minibaja and miniformula competitions. In one of the minibaja competitions we encountered a vehicle entered by an art school somewhere in NY. Not an engineering school. An art school.

Now, there were pages and pages of design and safety criteria, spanning from vehicle size to individual roll bar material requirements to guidelines on acceptable locking fasteners.

Maybe, maybe this art school had adhered to the letter of those requirements. One being four wheels. Well, their vehicle had four wheels. One in front, one in back, like a motorcycle. And a pair of training wheels angled out the sides, each with a shock like a pogo stick.

It wasn't allowed on the course for safety concerns.
andy497 and wreckingball like this.

Last edited by Bigus; 03-25-2017 at 07:25 PM.
post #45 of 80 Old 03-25-2017, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked: 2283
post #46 of 80 Old 03-27-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:

If I may I would like to challenge YOU to prove what you are going on about like an old woman & what is not even grown on your own, but repeated and full of OPINIONS yet NO facts at all!

YOU show me & the rest of this community that what you claim is it what you say, and I will admit to it!

Of you go then!!! YOU are openly challenged to product some evidence to prove me of been wrong.

rgs UpperCut
Done. Proof that you ISCT "sealed/vented" is actually a translam DBR is right here - I.S.C.T – ‘Illuminating Frontier’ Build Up of a set of Reference / Near field ....

Thank you so much for providing an actual picture of the internals. For two years now you've been giving terrible text descriptions and saying this was something new, it was not a bandpass and that we were simply incapable of imagining the greatness of your invention.

You are going to continue to have problems in audio forums if you continue to create new threads and new discussions promoting your "new ISCT sealed/vented"concept. Literally every single word inside the quotes is either misleading or outright false. Is it marketing? Did you just not know any better? Doesn't really matter, just stop.
brian6751, asarose247 and eng-399 like this.
post #47 of 80 Old 03-27-2017, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi there again,

• An Image of the nearly completed center section (just four more slices to go, and then on to the Dom section!
  • Start of the Dom section.
  • Setting up the bottom end.

rgs UpperCut
Tuesday, March 28 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST the lead thread!!!

Hi there again,

1) An Image of the completed center section fully glued up (before joining Dom section or Base section to it!).

2) This Image is showing a small strip of the first layer of the dampening I use (Air Cushioning - Area Trapped Air Arresting Motion Suspension) which has until now worked so perfectly without question yet I have this time a Dual side wall so this type of dampening will go into the inner side of the Sealed volume Area and on the very outside of the cylindrical body unit which is also the outer side of the Vented section (center section only!).
Please note that the small strip was only placed as it is now quiet diffucult to reach the inside area particular there Etc.

rgs UpperCut
post #48 of 80 Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Im lost...
This doesn't make any sense to me....

Its like hitting somebody in the head with a rock held in your left hand, and saying that nobody can understand how you hit him cause everyone uses their right hand to hold the rock...

At least, that's how I understand this concept...
JohnDean and ZLTFUL like this.

Last edited by uniquepattern; 03-28-2017 at 09:49 AM.
post #49 of 80 Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 377
What is "this the first the lead thread"?

This thread? The first thread you created here? The first thread you created anywhere? Some other important key "lead" thread?

Can you provide a schematic of where you updated pictures, or should we just 'imagine' that too?
post #50 of 80 Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Troll..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trollyoday_1490721437788.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2054449  
asarose247 and eng-399 like this.
post #51 of 80 Old 03-28-2017, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 2212 Post(s)
Liked: 1865
I just finished deciphering the Voynich manuscript. Now I'm working on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
It makes about as much engineering sense as putting a snow tire on one wheel of your car, a rain tire on another, a summer tire on the third and a racing slick on the fourth. The intent would be to have good performance in all road conditions, the result would be bad performance in any.
and the interactive steering wheel, all 4 of them, one for each hand, plus two more!

You cannot comprehend the gold spinners, because it has never been done before!
I googled for 10 years but all I got was 404 & Network Adapter not present, therefore bathsalts.

Given all the curved surfaces and holes in the fuel tank, one needs to constantly re-do calculus while driving at high speed in heavy traffic just to figure out the remaining fuel level or the volume of the tank in the first place.

All box types merged into one. The perfect Homer Mobile: It has everything you want, and also everything you don't want!
All the inefficiencies and none of the advantages, and all of the disadvantages and none of the efficiencies.
post #52 of 80 Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
I just finished deciphering the Voynich manuscript. Now I'm working on this thread....

ROFLMAO

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
post #53 of 80 Old 03-29-2017, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Seriously, the main issue to me is the intent of the OP. If it's a case of a proud DIYer with poor command of English exhibiting his handiwork and applying pet names to the design features then it's no big deal. If it's a case of someone actively marketing snake oil for purposes of parting rubes from their money then it needs to be exposed for what it is. The fact that all links reported to be marketing these speakers are now broken complicates matters for me. I would really like to see one of the so-called "ads" to try to make a better interpretation of true motives.
post #54 of 80 Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 541
"R-I-P-I-S-C-T! Find out what it means to me!"

Aretha nailed it . . . what? like 40-ish years ago . .

http://www.gifmania.co.uk/Animated-C...ady2-27410.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-54k2hyowyL...0/barbrady.png

DIY FAN Denon X5200 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS/DSU/SHARP 80" LED/LCD
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x Inuke6000DSP
www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...orn-build.html
post #55 of 80 Old 03-31-2017, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Tuesday, March 28 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST the lead thread!!!

Hi there again,

1) An Image of the completed center section fully glued up (before joining Dom section or Base section to it!).

2) This Image is showing a small strip of the first layer of the dampening I use (Air Cushioning - Area Trapped Air Arresting Motion Suspension) which has until now worked so perfectly without question yet I have this time a Dual side wall so this type of dampening will go into the inner side of the Sealed volume Area and on the very outside of the cylindrical body unit which is also the outer side of the Vented section (center section only!).
Please note that the small strip was only placed as it is now quiet diffucult to reach the inside area particular there Etc.

rgs UpperCut

Saturday, April 01 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Completed center section!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 723aa.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	2060289  
post #56 of 80 Old 03-31-2017, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Saturday, April 01 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Completed center section!

Please just stop
tgsweat likes this.
post #57 of 80 Old 04-10-2017, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
He won't stop until he's banned. Same thing happened over at the PE forums. He will literally steamroll over anyone that says anything and will not participate in any discussion. This whole thing is a giant advertisement for him, and I'm feeding into it by posting this reply.
post #58 of 80 Old 04-10-2017, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So you say you have this really great bridge to sell me!

1 Why do I need it?

2. What's in it for me?

3. Make me want it.

https://giphy.com/gifs/fail-storage-N35rW3vRNeaDC

https://giphy.com/gifs/gymnastics-pro-LI7DRrJeN0dIk

L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
post #59 of 80 Old 04-10-2017, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

like all the big successful sales guys, it's the size of the pitch , made bigger with each re-telling and working the numbers for obvious "truthiness"

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...lfU_HYnZtzlyMg

post #60 of 80 Old 04-10-2017, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I

Spew

Conflated

Technobabble

got it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
absolute insanity , grammatical nightmare