I.S.C.T – ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ as a (Sealed/Vented) with Dual Side Walls … - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #1 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I.S.C.T – ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ as a (Sealed/Vented) with Dual Side Walls …

I.S.C.T – ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ as a (Sealed/Vented) with Dual Side Walls ….

Finally getting to work on the first (Test project D) - ‘12” Cylindrical Sub Enclosure’ in a (Sealed/Vented configuration) and for the first time in a set up with Dual Side Walls = Dual Tuned Compartment Volumes (1 Sealed & 1 Vented) which in particular makes this project so very interesting. I will use a 12” Mivoc a single voice coil chassis (German Import) which came up with the perfect specs for this project & a 10" Interactive unit. The basic build specs are presently - 18” diameter, height well - over 3 feet, with a gross volume of around 48 to 54 liter (1.7 to 1.9 cubic foot) net I want it to be close to 45 liter (1.6 cubic foot).

I have seen before a few of these cylindrical sub build ups over the years, and I liked the idea in general, but was also convinced that these had so much more to offer then just as they were presented so I saw in my case it very useful to adapt such shape to my own idea & development of a Sealed/Vented configuration (D) build up!
As this is now my fourth (4) Test enclosure in the Sealed/Vented configuration I’m able to say that it has given me great joy to develop this idea further because it has proving itself ten times over in its sound reproduction abilities as such a beautiful musical Instrument of the initial idea combining & reproducing everything of a ordinary Single Sealed & a Single Vented enclosure type into ONE unit which is truly quiet something and most of all for true musical ears.

I mentioned in one of my previous threads that this will be my last Test enclosure as planned because I want to attempted to build the big one most likely as a set combining all what I have done over the two years of researching this project type and building my four enclosures each time differently. All in all the Big one will inhered everything from these Test enclosures yet once again by itself be in shape & build quiet different from them as these were just stepping stones to prove the workings and my own idea generally.

Presently I’m waiting for a shipment with a tool I need to do this project and which has been shipped from overseas only today!

rgs UpperCut

Friday, March 24 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Hi there again,

A Image of the nearly completed center section (just four more slices to go, and then on to the Dom section!

Start of the Dom section.

Setting up the bottom end.

Tuesday, March 28 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Hi there again,

1) An Image of the completed center section fully glued up (before joining Dom section or Base section to it!).

2) This Image is showing a small strip of the first layer of the dampening I use (Air Cushioning - Area Trapped Air Arresting Motion Suspension) which has until now worked so perfectly without question yet I have this time a Dual side wall so this type of dampening will go into the inner side of the Sealed volume Area and on the very outside of the cylindrical body unit which is also the outer side of the Vented section (center section only!).
Please note that the small strip was only placed as it is now quiet diffucult to reach the inside area particular there Etc.

Saturday, April 01 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Completed center section!

Tuesday, April 18 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Well, some of the latest Images of this build up. Unfortunately I have been quiet busy with some other / new project development as well as we had a lot of rain so the job was more of protecting what was already there rather then building due to some leaks in this old workshop.
Anyway, another day or two and that one will be running. Some physical data on this project:
39.5 Kg without the base plate, 45.10 Kg with the base plate and all in all complete 52.60 Kg with a height of 42” – 107.00 cm, 1.07 meter.

rgs UpperCut

Wednesday, April 19 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Well and here we go! Completion & the first 30 minutes of running it, but still with a lot of things to finish off.

And ‘YES’ it sound like a Sealed/Vented does sound – simple ever so Sweet & very Tight, but most of all with NO Boom a enjoying mix of bass of both worls Sealed & Vented. Amazingly ‘The Blender’ piece just above the base plate does also work quiet well in directing most of the sound waves coming from the woofer towards the front (same direction as the tuned Vented section is Exhausting) as at first listening it was quiet noticeable standing in front or behind the unit.

rgs UpperCut

Tuesday, May 16 2017 placed new Images in this the FIRST - the lead thread!!!

Last two Images are included today!

After throwing some quiet mean program material at this unit for the last three weeks (first 3 weeks of the three month running in period) I’m more then happy with the reproduction of this bass unit which goes down to a nice low 26-27 Hz presently, but most of all is the Interest it has created by now many Visitors to this workshop!
Quiet funny is also the reaction by these people which firstly lay a hand on the top of the unit realizing the very low resonances & asking in general if the unit is running/playing the music which is in the workshop to hear, and further on automatically rest their elbow on the top of it just as they were in a Bar/Pub for a drink

Once they get some info they find that it would be perfectly suited for as a Pub table standing around it because it simple has the right height even with a top on and a pleasant way of experience bass pure. A finale note to this would be to mention that these low resonances you can feel in the top section are reduced about another 80% if you guide a hand down on the side walls further to virtually none in the last section!

I find it quiet amazing that with this type using a SEALED/VENTED arrangement bass can become such a pleasant part of any music type. Presently I’m as well looking for a suited covering material for the outer tube.

rgs UpperCut
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 684aa.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	2039833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 682aa.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	2039841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 605aa.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	2039849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 601aa.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	2039857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 686aa.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	2041953  

Name:	Picture 710aa.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	2045281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 708aa.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	2045289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 674aa.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	2045305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 718aa.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	2053865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 715aa.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	2053873  

Name:	Picture 723aa.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	2060265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 729aa.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	2089433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 740aa.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	2089441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 742aa.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	2090953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 743aa.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	2090961  

Name:	Picture 747aa.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	2090969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 745aa.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	2090977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0531ab.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	2138650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0533ab.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	2138658  
filtor1 likes this.

Last edited by UpperCut; 05-16-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 370
So, what would be the benefits of that "sealed/vented" configuration? Do you plan to run each driver on separate amp?

Revel Ultima Salon 2, Revel M106, Revel C208, Yamaha P5000S, Denon X5200, Panasonic 65" VT50, SVS PC13-Ultra
Kef LS50, Parasound New Classic, Focusrite 2i2
post #3 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
So, what would be the benefits of that "sealed/vented" configuration? Do you plan to run each driver on separate amp?
Sorry, but I think that you do not understand the concept! which is of course Ok as this has not been used before (at least I could not find anything on this type in two (2) years of reseach etc).

There is just ONE (1) 12" driver chassis & one (1) 10" Interactive unit. So the driver operates within the Sealed Volume area & the Interactive Unit operates the Vented volume area.

rgs UpperCut

post #4 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 04:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yeah, obviously I understand.
But I still didn't get the answer of actual benefits of what you are doing, or expected end result?

Revel Ultima Salon 2, Revel M106, Revel C208, Yamaha P5000S, Denon X5200, Panasonic 65" VT50, SVS PC13-Ultra
post #5 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter

If you personally wanted to build an enclosure you would chose it by Pro or Cons which would be say a Sealed or Vented configuration. That choice would be made by what you would like or dislike on one or the other yet this combines both configuration and in its sound reproduction everything you say like on a Sealed & everything you would like on a Vented. So you would combine ……..
The Interactive EQ unit is the go between (Sealed runs usually with a QTS higher then say 0.7 yet with a EQ Interactive Unit around 0.3, but still configured as a Sealed enclosure yet build with the specs of a Vented). So the Sealed volume is tuned to / with the EQ Interactive Unit and in normal circumstance will work into an un-tuned volume = Infinity = Room volume. By giving this an enclosure volume you will make it a vented area volume which is as any other vented cabinet tuned, but not only that it is able to retune, fine-tune the EQ Interactive unit as it is the go between both enclosure volumes.

The end result is a completely different sound reproduction most of all between or better I say a mix of Sealed & Vented, but also a much more effortless running sub ….. this would be a very simple explanation as it is much more complex & complicated to get the references between the volumes well balanced say as 1 to 1.4 or 1 to 1.7 etc. as the Vented area volume has to be the sum of all which is the area volume including port volumes etc. so quiet differently calculated then a normal used port.

I hope that this will give a better understanding yet there is a lot more to it to achieve!

rgs UpperCut

Last edited by UpperCut; 03-21-2017 at 04:43 AM.
post #6 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Allright. I hope in your research you didn't forget to investigate subwoofers with passive radiators, which are often known as best of both worlds (vented and sealed).

post #7 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
Liked: 972
What are you going to do about the phase differences?

There is a reason you dont see designs like this. They dont do what you intend on them doing. Here is a quote from Bill Fitzmaurice abaout it that sums it up.

"Bill Fitzmaurice,
It makes about as much engineering sense as putting a snow tire on one wheel of your car, a rain tire on another, a summer tire on the third and a racing slick on the fourth. The intent would be to have good performance in all road conditions, the result would be bad performance in any."
Augerhandle and uniquepattern like this.

That's not science! - Cyborg

Steam ID: The Barbeerian

Rivers Edge Theater
post #8 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
Allright. I hope in your research you didn't forget to investigate subwoofers with passive radiators, which are often known as best of both worlds (vented and sealed).
Amazing, you make me really laugh!

Have you actually read anything what was written in the thread opener or are you just trying to spill or do any brain storming from the hip.

rgs UpperCut
post #9 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
What are you going to do about the phase differences?
There is a reason you dont see designs like this.
Thanks a lot for your reply quoting something of somebody’s views & opinions - Helpful and mind opening. Now, did you read that or anything else in a book in 2001 which was at its latest reprint (no.15) and originally from sometime in …. ??? The 1960th.

But now to your question:
I did not address that in the way you are thinking off because I use it greatly as you actually would have to, and then again you would have to read up and grasp the general idea first as well as get the meaning & understanding of a EQ Interactive Unit, and only (maybe) then you are able to ask any right questions.

rgs UpperCut
post #10 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 86
So is this a passive radiator sub built inside of a port?

Your description is lacking and citing a book from the 60's without an author helps none of us.

What are the goals? Driver specs? Frequency response?

And what does isct stand for?
post #11 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have to understand how you're planning on doing this to be able to ask you how you plan on doing it???

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
VicTorious1 likes this.

Rivers Edge Theater
post #12 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydankness View Post
So is this a passive radiator sub built inside of a port?

Your description is lacking and citing a book from the 60's without an author helps none of us.

What are the goals? Driver specs? Frequency response?

And what does isct stand for?

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, you could do this type off project with a Passive Radiator, and which I done in my Build Up A yet it by far to complicated to get the outstanding response I have now with a EQ Interactive Unit.
The explanation specifically to this project is (it can be in many other ways build) that it is a Sealed enclosure as a inner unit surrounded by say 90% by a Vented enclosure unit. This is the Dual Skinned (double wall scenario).

I was not lacking in description as that would be a mayor one if attempted, and the citing of a book was related not to this project but peoples believe in things (very well & true I mite add) yet mostly outdated but still over & over repeated.

My goal in general has changed a lot over my last two years of research & working on this initial idea, but overall I would say seeing the difference in Build Type & sound reproduction that I was able to prove that there is so much more of Un-Tapped things in Audio Sound Reproduction and within Loudspeaker Design & Development that we should look forward as electronic have passed the Build by 1000 times leaving enclosure design etc. far behind.

My personal aim is to try to find ways in DIY which could give something newer to all of this away from the norm – simple some advancement. I.S.C.T is a simple description of a building method (Sandwich Type) which I around for quiet some time but not used in a way like you would see enclosures build as rectangular or cube etc.

Now, as said this is my Build D and there will be a E Build as well, but technical info is of no importance to anybody as long the A,B,C,D & E project build is going on as only all findings will give a clear, precise picture so I do not publish anything not well founded, but again everything is well documented down to the T.

I hope that will get you somehow interested to do, look or just be interested in something which does work extremely well creating a new type of sound as in Sealed/Vented combined!

rgs UpperCut

Last edited by UpperCut; 03-21-2017 at 03:15 PM.
post #13 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I have to understand how you're planning on doing this to be able to ask you how you plan on doing it???

Thanks, and fair enough - but I'm doing it already & most of all I do it (I mean this project idea since now two (2) years) so it is not just a fly by spirit of the moment item - I do work on & with it the last two years!
And again I do it successfully as it works extremely well. I fully agree that it is not the everyday thing, but that is my greater idea & believe that there is more much more which has not been tried as yet.
I believe in books & I have most likely 96% of them don’t get me wrong, but they are well founded guidelines – not to be read as like they would be Gospel!

rgs UpperCut
post #14 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool. Looking forward to the results and measurements.

Rivers Edge Theater
post #15 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperCut View Post
The Interactive EQ unit is the go between (Sealed runs usually with a QTS higher then say 0.7 yet with a EQ Interactive Unit around 0.3, but still configured as a Sealed enclosure yet build with the specs of a Vented). So the Sealed volume is tuned to / with the EQ Interactive Unit and in normal circumstance will work into an un-tuned volume = Infinity = Room volume. By giving this an enclosure volume you will make it a vented area volume which is as any other vented cabinet tuned, but not only that it is able to retune, fine-tune the EQ Interactive unit as it is the go between both enclosure volumes.
Sorry, but this description is incomprehensible. Do you have a drawing or sketchup of the design? What is the Interactive EQ unit? Is it a passive radiator? Another driver? Something else? How is it fine-tuned?
post #16 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Either I am too dimwitted to grasp your design or you are failing to adequately describe it. Could you draw a picture of the cab(s) internal design please?

And by the goals of your mysterious design I derive no information from the description "new" or "better" sound. I was referring to lower distortion perhaps, or less ringing, more efficient maybe.

And without measurements none of these are able to be validated. Have you any and if so what are your motives for withholding them?
post #17 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydankness View Post
Either I am too dimwitted to grasp your design or you are failing to adequately describe it. Could you draw a picture of the cab(s) internal design please?

And by the goals of your mysterious design I derive no information from the description "new" or "better" sound. I was referring to lower distortion perhaps, or less ringing, more efficient maybe.

And without measurements none of these are able to be validated. Have you any and if so what are your motives for withholding them?

I'm certain that you are very equipped of understanding yet because it is nothing of the norm it will need time to get to it so no shame in that!

This is a complex 5 unit project (this is Build Up D = 4) so once completed in it whole I will have plenty of technical info available to share with the DIY community yet until then I withhold this info simple only because the project is not completed and with that why share incomplete information does not make sense as you would not eat a halve cooked chicken neither.

rgs UpperCut
Purenv likes this.
post #18 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
I withhold this info simple only because the project is not completed and with that why share incomplete information does not make sense as you would not eat a halve cooked chicken neither.

rgs UpperCut
Why do you keep posting about it if you don't want to talk about it?

Why are you advertising these products for sale if the "sealed/vented" idea is still a "halve cooked chicken" not ready to even be discussed?

You keep saying you are doing something new and you are not.

ISCT is translamination by it's definition. That definition is understood by the rest of the world. Translam is not new even if you invent a new name for it.

"Sealed/vented" is by definition bandpass. Any collection of chambers (with or without ducts or waveguides) in which the wavelengths created are large compared to the physical dimensions is by definition a bandpass.

For a couple of years now people have been asking for a picture of what's inside your "invention". You keep claiming you are doing something unique but can't provide a simple description or picture.

Quote:
I'm certain that you are very equipped of understanding yet because it is nothing of the norm it will need time to get to it so no shame in that!
This is precious. How is anyone supposed to figure out your internal layout without a decent description or picture? It's a bandpass for sure (assuming you are correct that there is a sealed and a vented chamber) but aside from that the layout could be anything. I assure you that everyone would get it right away if you provided any coherent details at all.
post #19 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
Sorry, but this description is incomprehensible. Do you have a drawing or sketchup of the design? What is the Interactive EQ unit? Is it a passive radiator? Another driver? Something else? How is it fine-tuned?
Amazing, somebody actual do ask a real question of value!!! So thank you very much for that.

I know the world around us is visual, but please can’t you visualize a Sealed Cylindrical Enclosure within a Vented Cylindrical Enclosure as that is the meaning of Dual Side Walls. I have not even started yet to go really into it so what will happen when I start talking about Equalizing / balancing chambers and so on not even mentioning dampening …
I deliberately do not publish drawings or 3D as I like to have people think about this one as everybody seem to know yet does not want to actually understand the idea, and so if showing drawings this nitty-gritty I know what it is this & that will start and be ensured you it is none of it.

Now, the real question: YES you could use a Passive Radiator for this - YET sorry to say it is about 10 times more difficult to work with it. I simple know as I started this way and spend month getting it right as in my first Build Up A which is now with the Fire Gods as it simple was too much of wrong. Total different story with Build Up B which did not had these problems because I learned it the hard way.

An EQ Interactive unit is a factory Pre-Tuned & very highly extremely well made item (a work of Art) which enabled me to throw what I knew & how I used PRs overboard nearly totally. As if with the use of a PR you would say use 8” chassis & a 10” PR. Now I like to do my work mainly with 6.5”, 8”, 10” & 12” so 6.5” would go with 8”, 8” with 10”, 10 with 12” yet the problem is tuning as in weights & throw because most of them do not have a decent Xmax throw to make a project like this (Passively working a Vented volume section) work.

Totally different with an EQ Interactive unit which is Pre-Tuned and which has plenty of everything else needed. 6.5” with 8”, 8” with 8” or 10” dependant on chassis used 10” with 8” or 10” dependant on chassis used & 12” with 10”and so on.

A Pre-Tuned or tuned (if needed lower frequencies then the pre-tuned one can be lowered) bu Fine-Tuning is done through its own pressure volume area chamber similar as a port tunes a vented enclosure assisted by pockets of Equalizing / balancing volume areas, and so on.

rgs UpperCut
post #20 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there again,

This is an Image from way back when I was trying to make some templates!
The template shown is not in the right place just sitting there & the speaker chassis will be mounted from the outside & again it is just sitting there for measuring everything!

rgs UpperCut
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 674aa.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	2041513  
post #21 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 377
You cant expect people to visualize and understand what you are doing based on your description alone when half your sentences make no sense. I presume that is a second language thing.

In any case, sealed within ported I can visualize perfectly fine. That's exactly a 4th order bandpass enclosure. If you don't want people to assume that is the case, it will take more than you saying "I promise, it's new, can't you imagine it?" And your descriptionnof the EQ interactive unit sounds like a passive radiator. That's the best one can do with your given description. So, either it is, or you need to describe it better.
brian6751 likes this.
post #22 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Ah sweet, I've always wanted a sonotube sub, but using those silly cardboard thingys were way too easy. A translam sono-sub. Perfect.

brian6751 and notnyt like this.

-

Nothing in this world will tick you off more than seeing a vegetarian eating pudding.
post #23 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I can't believe a read the entire thread. Frustrating.
Brazle likes this.
post #24 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy speaker guy View Post
Why do you keep posting about it if you don't want to talk about it?

Why are you advertising these products for sale if the "sealed/vented" idea is still a "halve cooked chicken" not ready to even be discussed?

You keep saying you are doing something new and you are not.

ISCT is translamination by it's definition. That definition is understood by the rest of the world. Translam is not new even if you invent a new name for it.

"Sealed/vented" is by definition bandpass. Any collection of chambers (with or without ducts or waveguides) in which the wavelengths created are large compared to the physical dimensions is by definition a bandpass.

For a couple of years now people have been asking for a picture of what's inside your "invention". You keep claiming you are doing something unique but can't provide a simple description or picture.

This is precious. How is anyone supposed to figure out your internal layout without a decent description or picture? It's a bandpass for sure (assuming you are correct that there is a sealed and a vented chamber) but aside from that the layout could be anything. I assure you that everyone would get it right away if you provided any coherent details at all.

If I may I would like to challenge YOU to prove what you are going on about like an old woman & what is not even grown on your own, but repeated and full of OPINIONS yet NO facts at all!

YOU show me & the rest of this community that what you claim is it what you say, and I will admit to it!

Of you go then!!! YOU are openly challenged to product some evidence to prove me of been wrong.

rgs UpperCut
post #25 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

If I may I would like to challenge YOU to prove what you are going on about like an old woman & what is not even grown on your own, but repeated and full of OPINIONS yet NO facts at all!

YOU show me & the rest of this community that what you claim is it what you say, and I will admit to it!

Of you go then!!! YOU are openly challenged to product some evidence to prove me of been wrong.

rgs UpperCut
Dude, DIYSpeakerGuy knows his ****.

I think he's frustrated with all of your "inventions" as they have already been invented with existing names that are recognised.

Think about the name trans-lamination translam for short. Trans meaning transverse and lamination should be self explanatory.

Regarding the chassis you created. It sounds like a really weird bandpass enclosure to me. A cylinder with one end capped with a driver and then that's suspended within another cylinder that's ported. While an odd layout it sounds like a 4th order bandpass to me.

They may well be pretty but they give me the impression of b&o gear. They design the lovely chassis then go to an engineer and say make it work. To their credit they do, but only at the expense of big amps and DSP.

You also seem fixated on the art of the enclosure rather than something that sounds good.
post #26 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

rgs UpperCut
I would love to but the only information on your speakers is what you've posted on several forums (hundreds of posts and a few pictures of your translam speakers) and in the many ads you have all over the internet for this line of "ISCT" speakers. Which unfortunately collectively contains no more information than the "sealed/ported" description you refuse to clarify.

Post a clear picture of the internals and I'll show you existing speakers using the same loading type or if there aren't any there will be a reason and I'll give you a few good reasons why you don't see that type of loading elsewhere.

The way things are usually done around here is a clear picture of the enclosure dimensions is shown or described as well as the t/s of the driver used. Then the idea is simulated. And everyone has a pretty clear picture of exactly what's going on.

I challenge you to post enclosure dimensions.
post #27 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfries View Post
Dude, DIYSpeakerGuy knows his ****.

I think he's frustrated with all of your "inventions" as they have already been invented with existing names that are recognised.

Think about the name trans-lamination translam for short. Trans meaning transverse and lamination should be self explanatory.

Regarding the chassis you created. It sounds like a really weird bandpass enclosure to me. A cylinder with one end capped with a driver and then that's suspended within another cylinder that's ported. While an odd layout it sounds like a 4th order bandpass to me.

They may well be pretty but they give me the impression of b&o gear. They design the lovely chassis then go to an engineer and say make it work. To their credit they do, but only at the expense of big amps and DSP.

You also seem fixated on the art of the enclosure rather than something that sounds good.
I would not even have replied as I strongly believe that everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion & believes YET the last line is just so absolutely wrong that it made me think that you not even read anything because that is why I actually do all my development work & projects on the quest to search for more then there is presently on the look out for better sound production so that is me 100% but sure I believe that it is all an Art as well.

'You also seem fixated on the art of the enclosure rather than something that sounds good.'

rgs UpperCut
post #28 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy speaker guy View Post
I would love to but the only information on your speakers is what you've posted on several forums (hundreds of posts and a few pictures of your translam speakers) and in the many ads you have all over the internet for this line of "ISCT" speakers. Which unfortunately collectively contains no more information than the "sealed/ported" description you refuse to clarify.

Post a clear picture of the internals and I'll show you existing speakers using the same loading type or if there aren't any there will be a reason and I'll give you a few good reasons why you don't see that type of loading elsewhere.

The way things are usually done around here is a clear picture of the enclosure dimensions is shown or described as well as the t/s of the driver used. Then the idea is simulated. And everyone has a pretty clear picture of exactly what's going on.

I challenge you to post enclosure dimensions.
You did shoot of and say you knew so there is NO RE-Challange unless you show what you got.

Things get done that way around wherever does not mean it is Gospel & anybody has to adhere to it - We are not sheep follow & do what previous was done!
Individuality is the key to find answers & if you do not have such well then that is OK with me yet the challenge is open & your are ask to present and not try to mellow it done.

By the way some dimensions were given in the original thread which of course you did not bother to read. Well, what is new!

rgs UpperCut

Last edited by UpperCut; 03-21-2017 at 10:11 PM.
post #29 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You did shoot of and say you knew ...
I do know it's some type of bandpass made with a translam construction.

Quote:
Things get done that way around wherever does not mean it is Gospel & anybody has to adhere to it - We are not sheep follow & do what previous was done!
Individuality is the key to find answers & if you do not have such well then that is OK with me yet the challenge is open & your are ask to present and not try to mellow it done.
There is audio theory, which for the most part is not incorrect. There is also some room for art. But assuming you are on to something completely unique that has never been done or thought of would be a bit of hubris.

Quote:
By the way some dimensions were given in the original thread which of course you did not bother to read. Well, what is new!

rgs UpperCut
Which original thread? I've seen you posting on lots of forums. The first thread I saw from you was on the parts express forum where you were banned for contentious behavior for talking down to the seasoned veterans and causing problems. Then you started sockpuppeting with different accounts and your sockpuppets were banned too. Which thread was the original one?

What I'm looking for is enough detail (either a picture or description) to simulate your design. This is the bare minimum required to have an intelligent discussion. I've seen a lot of threads. I've heard a lot of claims. I've seen you make up new words to describe things that are very old concepts. I've seen your marketing all over the internet. But I've never seen any details that could be used in any way to even begin to have a meaningful conversation about your "ported/sealed" concept.
corekneelius likes this.
post #30 of 80 Old 03-21-2017, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Look, @UpperCut , I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to point out some of the issues with your posts. Your Profile says you're from New Zealand, but to be honest, your English is VERY hard to understand. If English isn't your first language, please just say so, then we know to give you some flexibility. If technical language isn't your forte, just start by saying so, we understand. But when you put on a superior air with blatant grammatical and technical issues in your posts, you will not get much positive response, sorry.
So here are some of the issues I found with your posts.

Quote:
Now, as said this is my Build D and there will be a E Build as well, but technical info is of no importance to anybody as long the A,B,C,D & E project build is going on as only all findings will give a clear, precise picture so I do not publish anything not well founded, but again everything is well documented down to the T.
I highly disagree.
ANY technical info you could share is very important and would be valuable to anyone and everyone trying to read and understand your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
I agree.

Quote:
I know the world around us is visual, but please can’t you visualize a Sealed Cylindrical Enclosure within a Vented Cylindrical Enclosure as that is the meaning of Dual Side Walls.
Why didn't you say so in the first place? This is actually the first somewhat comprehensible description of the design. And it only took 20 posts in this thread to get there.

Quote:
I have not even started yet to go really into it so what will happen when I start talking about Equalizing / balancing chambers and so on not even mentioning dampening …
I don't know, what will happen?

Quote:
I deliberately do not publish drawings or 3D as I like to have people think about this one as everybody seem to know yet does not want to actually understand the idea, and so if showing drawings this nitty-gritty I know what it is this & that will start and be ensured you it is none of it.
This is nonsense.

Quote:
Now, the real question: YES you could use a Passive Radiator for this - YET sorry to say it is about 10 times more difficult to work with it. I simple know as I started this way and spend month getting it right as in my first Build Up A which is now with the Fire Gods as it simple was too much of wrong. Total different story with Build Up B which did not had these problems because I learned it the hard way.

An EQ Interactive unit is a factory Pre-Tuned & very highly extremely well made item (a work of Art) which enabled me to throw what I knew & how I used PRs overboard nearly totally. As if with the use of a PR you would say use 8” chassis & a 10” PR. Now I like to do my work mainly with 6.5”, 8”, 10” & 12” so 6.5” would go with 8”, 8” with 10”, 10 with 12” yet the problem is tuning as in weights & throw because most of them do not have a decent Xmax throw to make a project like this (Passively working a Vented volume section) work.

Totally different with an EQ Interactive unit which is Pre-Tuned and which has plenty of everything else needed. 6.5” with 8”, 8” with 8” or 10” dependant on chassis used 10” with 8” or 10” dependant on chassis used & 12” with 10”and so on.

A Pre-Tuned or tuned (if needed lower frequencies then the pre-tuned one can be lowered) bu Fine-Tuning is done through its own pressure volume area chamber similar as a port tunes a vented enclosure assisted by pockets of Equalizing / balancing volume areas, and so on.

rgs UpperCut
Passive Radiators are "pre-tuned" too. Nothing in your posts has made clear to anyone what a "10" EQ Interactive Unit" is. If they aren't active drivers, and they aren't passive radiators and they aren't vents, and they're 10 times easier to work with than Passive Radiators, then PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF HELMHOLTZ, SHOW US A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT (even a simple physical description would do). Saying that they are "very highly extremely well made item (work of Art)" means absolutely nothing. NOTHING. You say it "has plenty of everything else needed". This also means NOTHING.

Like diy speaker guy said, you're not providing us with the bare minimum information necessary for an intelligent conversation. If you can't even do that, these threads won't amount to much.
bimmaguy likes this.

HT setup: Vizio 50" 4K | Xbox & PS3 | Pioneer Elite VSX-94TX | Bose 701 towers (V1) | JBL S Center | Def Tech Reference SuperCube & Def Tech PF15TL+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
absolute insanity , grammatical nightmare

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page