SE Michigan GTG - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Which Saturday in June can you attent the GTG?
June 3rd 1 7.69%
June 10th 5 38.46%
June 17th 3 23.08%
June 24th 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 206Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 270 Old 04-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
Those Phil's going to fit in the S5?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
No of course not.......he is going to hitch a trailer to the S5
brian6751 likes this.
ccssid123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 270 Old 04-19-2017, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccssid123 View Post
No of course not.......he is going to hitch a trailer to the S5
I think he's trading the S5 for a minivan

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #93 of 270 Old 04-19-2017, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 14,208
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3454 Post(s)
Liked: 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I think he's trading the S5 for a minivan
I mean who wouldn't want a Swagger Wagon over a S5?
brian6751 likes this.
Stereodude is offline  
 
post #94 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I mean who wouldn't want a Swagger Wagon over a S5?
OMG yes! The CONVENIENCE. Its so convenient, you will get tired of all the convenience! You will be going out of your way to inconvenience yourself in other areas because of how CONVENIENT your minivan is!

Convenience is the new SEXY!

Doesn't that make you want a minivan?



Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
PTAaron and VicTorious1 like this.

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #95 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PTAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
omg yes! The convenience. Its so convenient, you will get tired of all the convenience! You will be going out of your way to inconvenience yourself in other areas because of how convenient your minivan is!

convenience is the new sexy!

Doesn't that make you want a minivan?



Sent from my asus_z00ad using tapatalk


lmao!

-Aaron
English Way Cinema and Bar - moving on to v3.0... projector time in 2017!
PTAaron is online now  
post #96 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VicTorious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
OMG yes! The CONVENIENCE. Its so convenient, you will get tired of all the convenience! You will be going out of your way to inconvenience yourself in other areas because of how CONVENIENT your minivan is!

Convenience is the new SEXY!

Doesn't that make you want a minivan?



Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Lol. When we were in CO, I tried to convince the wife to get a minivan for her daily driver. She said, why should I give up my MINI to drive a minivan while you drive the S5. So we just got a Highlander instead and of course kept the MINI.
brian6751 likes this.
VicTorious1 is offline  
post #97 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
JCJetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Completely unrelated but still relevant:

Keep an eye on the sky this afternoon. National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center is putting you guys in the Enhanced Risk for severe weather category. I can tell you when that sort of thing happens in Northern Illinois, the storm chasers come out in droves, and the smarter people put their nice vehicles in the garage.

Dunno about you, but my safest room in the event of a tornado is - you guessed it. All I need is a generator to keep the system going and the mini-fridge to keep the beer warm.
brian6751 and eng-399 like this.
JCJetta is offline  
post #98 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,276
Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1737 Post(s)
Liked: 2987
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJetta View Post
Completely unrelated but still relevant:

Keep an eye on the sky this afternoon. National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center is putting you guys in the Enhanced Risk for severe weather category. I can tell you when that sort of thing happens in Northern Illinois, the storm chasers come out in droves, and the smarter people put their nice vehicles in the garage.

Dunno about you, but my safest room in the event of a tornado is - you guessed it. All I need is a generator to keep the system going and the mini-fridge to keep the beer warm.
Hey JC besides me nominating Derrick to go to the GTG how about you? Can you make the day we can all drive up together. We can follow the storm chasers
eng-399 is offline  
post #99 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
JCJetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 274
I'm currently clearing it with the wife. As you know, she can always take an excuse to go to Michigan, but I think she's actually going the weekend before. If I can work out the logistics, I will be visiting a few other people as well (including my tenants which live 3 miles from the GTG, which means tax write-offs). I'll let you know once I get it figured out.

If I do go, I also plan on hitting up Holiday Market (upscale grocery with an amazing meat counter) and taking home some of their delectable pork products.
brian6751 and eng-399 like this.
JCJetta is offline  
post #100 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJetta View Post
I'm currently clearing it with the wife. As you know, she can always take an excuse to go to Michigan, but I think she's actually going the weekend before. If I can work out the logistics, I will be visiting a few other people as well (including my tenants which live 3 miles from the GTG, which means tax write-offs). I'll let you know once I get it figured out.

If I do go, I also plan on hitting up Holiday Market (upscale grocery with an amazing meat counter) and taking home some of their delectable pork products.
You should check out the Busch's that just opened on Canton Center and Cherry Hill. Very nice meat and seafood counter. They have dry aged steaks to.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #101 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 98
@Stereodude ..... I do not see your name in the #1 post
ccssid123 is offline  
post #102 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 14,208
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3454 Post(s)
Liked: 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccssid123 View Post
@Stereodude ..... I do not see your name in the #1 post
I guess I didn't make the cut.
Stereodude is offline  
post #103 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I guess I didn't make the cut.
Did you message me? Send it again please. Sorry. I thought I was caught up

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #104 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 14,208
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3454 Post(s)
Liked: 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
Did you message me? Send it again please. Sorry. I thought I was caught up
Oops... I didn't read the updated first post. I'll send you an e-mail.
brian6751 likes this.
Stereodude is offline  
post #105 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Oops... I didn't read the updated first post. I'll send you an e-mail.
np. Glad you can make it.

We also now have someone coming in from Canada. This GTG just went from interstate to international

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #106 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 992 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Hey JC besides me nominating Derrick to go to the GTG how about you? Can you make the day we can all drive up together. We can follow the storm chasers

Sound like a great plan! Side note to Brian, put some of the things on a time format. It is hard to keep these GTG's on track and time will fly, lol.
brian6751 and eng-399 like this.
derrickdj1 is offline  
post #107 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Do you guys think we should do that? I was thinking of kind of a free for all/ whatever people want to do kind of thing. What do you guys think?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #108 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
Do you guys think we should do that? I was thinking of kind of a free for all/ whatever people want to do kind of thing. What do you guys think?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Not everyone will want to be in the HT at the same time. I suppose there are those as much interested in 2 channel and 2.1 channel. There should be enough able bodied bodies around to control all different setups throughout. As much as I like Movies and music, my ears are not as capable at reference as most of you. Old fart with lousy tinnitus., so I will be on other side of house when the walls start shaking.
brian6751 likes this.

Last edited by ccssid123; 04-20-2017 at 06:10 PM.
ccssid123 is offline  
post #109 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccssid123 View Post
Not everyone will want to be in the HT at the same time. I suppose there are those as much interested in 2 channel and 2.1 channel. There should be enough able bodied bodies around to control all different setups throughout. As much as I like Movies and music, my ears are not as capable at reference as most of you. Old fart with lousy tinnitus., so I will be on other side of house when the walls start shaking.
Yeah my theater can only fit 5 people at a time. 6 tops. I'm thinking people will be rotating in and out and upstairs and down.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #110 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,276
Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1737 Post(s)
Liked: 2987
SE Michigan GTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
Sound like a great plan! Side note to Brian, put some of the things on a time format. It is hard to keep these GTG's on track and time will fly, lol.


Good idea Derrick time flys by really fast. I'm going to have to think about this I have a few ideas I'm going to have to think about and post later. I do think at noon everyone should kind of gather down stairs and have Brian go over really quick what's in his room and have some of his favorite demo clips going to start.
brian6751 and derrickdj1 like this.
eng-399 is offline  
post #111 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Good idea Derrick time flys by really fast. I'm going to have to think about this I have a few ideas I'm going to have to think about and post later. I do think at noon everyone should kind of gather down stairs and have Brian go over really quick what's in his room and have some of his favorite demo clips going to start.
No.no. Cocktails at noon. Lunch at 1:00 And then the fun begins


Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
brian6751 likes this.
ccssid123 is offline  
post #112 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eng-399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,276
Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1737 Post(s)
Liked: 2987
eng-399 is offline  
post #113 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng-399 View Post
Good idea Derrick time flys by really fast. I'm going to have to think about this I have a few ideas I'm going to have to think about and post later. I do think at noon everyone should kind of gather down stairs and have Brian go over really quick what's in his room and have some of his favorite demo clips going to start.
I like that. And there may not be too many people there yet so it may work out

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #114 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 14,208
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3454 Post(s)
Liked: 2524
Any interest in a reasonably high end headphone setup run from a laptop (completely self sufficient aside from needing some table or countertop space and a power outlet)?
brian6751 and VicTorious1 like this.
Stereodude is offline  
post #115 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccssid123 View Post
Not everyone will want to be in the HT at the same time. I suppose there are those as much interested in 2 channel and 2.1 channel. There should be enough able bodied bodies around to control all different setups throughout. As much as I like Movies and music, my ears are not as capable at reference as most of you. Old fart with lousy tinnitus., so I will be on other side of house when the walls start shaking.
I'm sure the theater won't be at reference all the time. Plus we can run the bass hotter and keep the speakers below ref to.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
ccssid123 likes this.

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #116 of 270 Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Any interest in a reasonably high end headphone setup run from a laptop (completely self sufficient aside from needing some table or countertop space and a power outlet)?
Hmmmm. Might be able to set it up in the office. Only thing is the theater is directly below so the bass is going to be heard. Worth a shot if you want to bring it. I have a pair of Audio Technicas to

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #117 of 270 Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
imrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Clinton Township, MI
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I think the F10's are going to be gone soon so it would probably have to be this next weekend.


I sent you a PM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imrf is offline  
post #118 of 270 Old 04-22-2017, 01:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 992 Post(s)
Liked: 731
It is just funny how you think you have a lot of time and the times just leeps past you in hours. Brian, this is your show and let the jams, explosion and good times roll. Don't hesitate to assign some of us to a specific duty to help out. We will be all there to be a part of the GTG and help out where ever you may need it!

I do have a collection of digital music that can be used for speaker demo if needed. For these type of events, rock, electronic, some rap, soul, pop and other fast music is not ideal. To much is going on to evaluate a speaker.
brian6751 and bcodemz like this.

Last edited by derrickdj1; 04-22-2017 at 01:42 AM.
derrickdj1 is offline  
post #119 of 270 Old 04-22-2017, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 6,015
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
The digital demo music would be great, thank you. That will be perfect for the 2 channel setup upstairs.

I can't fit everyone in the theater at once but quite a few people will be able to listen to the 2 channel setup at the same time so I think that may be a good spot for some planned listening between the different speakers. Derrick, maybe you could kind of organize that if your ok with it? Since you know your demo material best.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------
That's not science! - Cyborg

FOR SALE: nothing at the moment

Rivers Edge Theater
brian6751 is offline  
post #120 of 270 Old 04-22-2017, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 992 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
The digital demo music would be great, thank you. That will be perfect for the 2 channel setup upstairs.

I can't fit everyone in the theater at once but quite a few people will be able to listen to the 2 channel setup at the same time so I think that may be a good spot for some planned listening between the different speakers. Derrick, maybe you could kind of organize that if your ok with it? Since you know your demo material best.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
As long as you have a transport to play the music, great. If not, I have a couple of extra BDP's that can be used. I have some of the same music on high quality mp3 and Flac files. I can bring them and see if people can hear a difference. I will tell you, it will not be easy, lol.

Brian, do you have demo disc for movies? Some of the guys around here have a huge collection of demo files to showcase ULF, Dolby Atmos or anything else. Just let the group know what you can use some help with.
derrickdj1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off