Originally Posted by andyc56
That looks like a good choice - much cheaper than the 4x10 and still has the 15 msec max delay, rather than the 7.5 msec max delay of the non-HD 2x4.
I'm still not clear on what the differences in these units actually would be?
My needs are to basically be able to control delay
per subwoofer location (I can obviously already control phase, level, x-over etc... per unit) with existing controls.
I guess the other major thing is to be able to use MSO to analyze the sound and figure out what all these parameters should be.
So not sure the $1,000 Dirac unit offers any benefit for my use (if I continue to use Ypao to process the satellite signals)? They talk about impulse response but I'm not sure what it is doing.
Also - please let me know if I have this right (abbreviated version):
1) PC runs REW and MSO apps.
2) USB UMIK is plugged into PC.
3) PC audio analog Left / Right outputs goes into an AVR input. (How do you know your PC audio analog out is flat down to 20hz? Does PC analog audio even output below 20hz...?)
4) AVR outputs to be processed / analyzed go into MiniDSP, then out to corresponding subs / amps.
5) Playback tones / signals via REW and/or MSO, save files via REW / MSO, import appropriate files into MiniDSP (using MiniDSP plugin?)
6) Unplug PC - MiniDSP is configured until you want to change or move something?
Just trying to get a grip on the connections / configuration and the process.
Thanks for any help.