Forum Jump: 
 180Likes
post #1201 of 1205 Unread 03-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 174
nlpearman, tuxedocivic and Oval56 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1205 Unread 03-18-2017, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Here is a pair of bookshelf speakers I built as a wedding gift.

Uses some older buyout woofers from parts express I got a couple years ago (Peerless India W5-KA538A-SH, PE#299-362). The tweeter is the Dayton DC25T-8, it's the first time I have used that driver and I think it sounds quite nice in this design, pretty smooth sounding for a titanium dome. The enclosure is about 0.35cuft and tuned to approximately 53hz, it does gets surprisingly low considering it's size.

The cabinet is built from 3/4" edge glued Baltic birch boards which I found at my local Menards. I had used these before on a Bluetooth speaker I had built for my sister for a Christmas present which turned out really well so I decided to use them again. The finish is some boiled linseed oil which is just wiped on and which really makes the grain pop.

I really liked how these turned out and they sound great so I'll probably build another set to keep for myself.

post #1203 of 1205 Unread 03-18-2017, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90 View Post

Uses some older buyout woofers from parts express I got a couple years ago (Peerless India W5-KA538A-SH, PE#299-362). The tweeter is the Dayton DC25T-8, it's the first time I have used that driver and I think it sounds quite nice in this design, pretty smooth sounding for a titanium dome. The enclosure is about 0.35cuft and tuned to approximately 53hz, it does gets surprisingly low considering it's size.

The cabinet is built from 3/4" edge glued Baltic birch boards which I found at my local Menards. I had used these before on a Bluetooth speaker I had built for my sister for a Christmas present which turned out really well so I decided to use them again. The finish is some boiled linseed oil which is just wiped on and which really makes the grain pop.

I really liked how these turned out and they sound great so I'll probably build another set to keep for myself.

Nice, clean looking build!

post #1204 of 1205 Unread Today, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90 View Post

Nice, clean looking build!
post #1205 of 1205 Unread Today, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmxer View Post
That is a stunning speaker.

Nice work
Agreed, +1!!
Sponsored Links