Havoc 18" modeling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
vitod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The response looks good except that nasty dip. Did I do this right?

T/S:

Znom - Dual 2 ohm BL - 21.4 n/a Cutout diam - 16 3/4
RE - Dual 1.5 ohms Sd - 1210 cm2 Outer diam - 18 5/8
FS - 22.9 Hz Mms - 360 g Mounting Depth - 10 1/2
Vas - 280 L Spl - 91.8 dB 1W/1M Weight - 40 pounds
Qms - 4.962 Rms - 1500 W Voice Coil Diam - 3 inch aluminum
Qes - .334 Xmax - 25 mm one-way Voice Coil - Dual 2 ohm
Qts - .318 Price - $350 Cone - Paper/Kevlar fibers
Le - 1.2 mH


Home Audio ~ 8-10 Cubic Feet / 18-20 Hz tuning
Car Audio ~ 6 Cubic Feet / 28-32 Hz tuning


Evil is Good
vitod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-16-2007, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PLincoln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
while i didn't plug the numbers into Unibox, the graph looks as it should for a ported enclosure. I think the "dip" you are referring to is the one of the graph labeled "SPL of the Driver"...you want to look at SPLtot
PLincoln is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jack Gilvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Jersey,USA
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitod View Post

The response looks good except that nasty dip. Did I do this right?

T/S:

Znom - Dual 2 ohm BL - 21.4 n/a Cutout diam - 16 3/4
RE - Dual 1.5 ohms Sd - 1210 cm2 Outer diam - 18 5/8
FS - 22.9 Hz Mms - 360 g Mounting Depth - 10 1/2
Vas - 280 L Spl - 91.8 dB 1W/1M Weight - 40 pounds
Qms - 4.962 Rms - 1500 W Voice Coil Diam - 3 inch aluminum
Qes - .334 Xmax - 25 mm one-way Voice Coil - Dual 2 ohm
Qts - .318 Price - $350 Cone - Paper/Kevlar fibers
Le - 1.2 mH


Home Audio ~ 8-10 Cubic Feet / 18-20 Hz tuning
Car Audio ~ 6 Cubic Feet / 28-32 Hz tuning



Strange, the upper right reports an Fb of 20Hz, but the graph shows it to be around 32Hz. Did you update the graph after you entered your parameters?
Not sure what dip you mean.

Jack Gilvey
SVS Customer Service

Jack Gilvey is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,509
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Sorry guys, that's a sealed alignment. Wait, check that...it's a bird, it's a plane...I have no idea what that graph represents...

Bosso
bossobass is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
Richard Mayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Fb (tuning frequency) isn't 20 Hz, it's more closer to 32 Hz. You should update the graph...

And there WILL be a dip at Fb in driver's response. That's because the port will make the most of the output there. You should look at the dark blue line, that's the combined response.
Richard Mayer is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
vitod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gilvey View Post

Strange, the upper right reports an Fb of 20Hz, but the graph shows it to be around 32Hz. Did you update the graph after you entered your parameters?
Not sure what dip you mean.

I may have done it wrong. Can you do the same and let's see what you come up with?

The dip is "SPL produced by the driver".

I'm still learning this modeling stuff.

Evil is Good
vitod is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PLincoln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well here is what i came up with for a 260l enclosure with two 6" ports....

PLincoln is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
vitod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mayer View Post

The Fb (tuning frequency) isn't 20 Hz, it's more closer to 32 Hz. You should update the graph...

And there WILL be a dip at Fb in driver's response. That's because the port will make the most of the output there. You should look at the dark blue line, that's the combined response.

Thanks for clarifying that Rich. I get it now.

Evil is Good
vitod is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Richard Mayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLincoln View Post

well here is what i came up with for a 260l enclosure with two 6" ports....



I wold think about shrinking the enclosure a bit to get rid of the hump at 26hz

I would tune it much lower, 16 Hz should do the trick...
Richard Mayer is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jack Gilvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Jersey,USA
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think the only thing you didn't do is hit "Update graph".As Richard mentioned, the driver's dip is just the damping of its motion/output as the port takes over. The SPLTotal is the actual FR.
Your 260L box tuned to 20Hz looks pretty good, won't let me attach right now.

Jack Gilvey
SVS Customer Service

Jack Gilvey is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
vitod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
6" is what in cm?

Evil is Good
vitod is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jack Gilvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Jersey,USA
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
'bout 15.

http://joshmadison.net/software/convert/

Jack Gilvey
SVS Customer Service

Jack Gilvey is offline  
Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
vitod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Awesome, thanks!

Evil is Good
vitod is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
cecaa850's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 988
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering who got those drivers. How many of the 4 did you get? They look beastly.

120@20@14'
cecaa850 is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
jjw350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bl^2/Re = 100+ yummy

Jim
jjw350z is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off