Scott's Dual RL-p18 'LLT' design/build thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 398 Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I hate to drag this one from the necro bin, but are you dropping 2 of the SI 18" into your LLT's? smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 398 Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Hey.... an epic build such as this deserves a good bump now and then. biggrin.gif

Umm.... it's not my plan but it is a considerable option. These LLT's will be replaced this year by twelve sealed 18's. Until then I will keep the RLp18's in the LLT's as they are still a better driver over the SI's. The new drivers do come pretty close though and I highly recommend them as a drop in replacement if anyone out there is considering copying my design. EXTREMELY capable bass for super cheap.

Let's run the numbers.... or... I'm just gonna throw numbers out. I'm too tired. tongue.gif

Two SI 18HTd2's = $380 + shipping
Behringer EP4000 = $275 (new on Amazon currently)
Six full sheets of MDF = ~$200

Then EQ of choice. 10hz extension and SPL past reference in room for <$1,000. All you need is a helping hand to move and the space to fit these guys. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to those on the cheap. Another way of looking at it is that these are like super cheap vented Captivators but with an entire extra octave of extension.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #393 of 398 Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM

Liked: 14
I figured as much, but I hadn't seen an official statement. Are you going to break down the LLT or try to have someone pick up those cabs?
post #394 of 398 Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

Until I have something new to update there wasn't much to say but I have been eluding to my coming projects publicly for some time now.

No way will I break them down. No, I'll just keep them stored until I know for sure I like and prefer the new sealed system. If I prefer the new sealed system I will give them out to an AVS member as long as they pick it up locally. tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

post #395 of 398 Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Liked: 10
I knew I'd find you on here. Obvious its Cody. Wanted to catch up since we saw you at Bobby's. Text me, 286-seven-1-eight-1. Later man
post #396 of 398 Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Hey.... an epic build such as this deserves a good bump now and then. biggrin.gif

Umm.... it's not my plan but it is a considerable option. These LLT's will be replaced this year by twelve sealed 18's. Until then I will keep the RLp18's in the LLT's as they are still a better driver over the SI's. The new drivers do come pretty close though and I highly recommend them as a drop in replacement if anyone out there is considering copying my design. EXTREMELY capable bass for super cheap.

Let's run the numbers.... or... I'm just gonna throw numbers out. I'm too tired. tongue.gif
Call me interested. What are you planning?

My build thread

My 8 x RE XXX 18" Subwoofers, IB build
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

Do you know what Nemesis means?

post #397 of 398 Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave View Post

Call me interested. What are you planning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

That's the plan. biggrin.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

post #398 of 398 Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 AM

Liked: 12
Finally got around to reading your build thread. Nice man. Figured you deserved another random thread bump, so.. here it is. Lol. Im in the middle of building two sealed subs as we speak. Wish i would have done some more research, as cab size isnt too much of a factor for me, maybe i shoulda tried something like you did. then again, i dont have the tools, or work area, or the know-how to pull something like that off, right off rip. Baby steps.. Either was, was a fun read. I just read the whole thread straight through, and i gotta tell ya.. Im really glad that ya'll helped that man work through his youtube issues. That was the climax of this roller coaster ride of a thread for me biggrin.gif

Cheers for a good job, man. PS, Im 5'6", and rocking the dodge neon, lol.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page