HDMI, Plasmas and Receivers Top Integrators’ Product Focus - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-09-2008, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDMI, Plasmas and Receivers Top Integrators' Product Focus
CE Pros focus on how to improve HDMI and Pioneer's departure from the plasma market

Improving HDMI, A/V receivers and the decision by Pioneer to stop manufacturing plasma panels in house are on the minds of custom installers.

The sometimes controversial cabling technology has integrators on both sides of the fence offering up words of advice, from adding a locking mechanism to keep the cabling in to avoiding it all together.

"As an integrator who has been using HDMI quite successfully for the past year now, I have to disagree with the prior comments. Most of the installers I know have begun to use it for each and every display save the extra long runs or distributed systems. The color and black levels (in my opinion) have been improved when using it on cable/sat boxes too. All this is based of course on using known cables of good quality and designing the system with plenty of headroom from the start," says Faster48.

Eric, though, feels otherwise. "The only reason HDMI has survived this long is because of end-users who bought into the hype. I can't tell you how many customers that don't have any real HD sources absolutely demand that we put in HDMI. They're the same customers who look at the 480i picture after we've given in and put in the HDMI cable and go wow, that looks so much better."

Meanwhile, custom installers seem upset about Pioneer's decision to outsource plasma panels, but not totally surprised.

"I can't believe Pioneer would do such a thing even though I think I know how they got there. They went down the same path as Fujitsu, trying to put exclusivity into their Elite line. Why in the world would they prevent smaller dealers from selling their full product line?" asks Ed Tsvik.

Click here to continue.

Jason Unger
www.cepro.com
Reply CE Pro & Electronic House Articles

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page