Forum Jump: 

Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gorgeous Celebrity Home Theaters
We round up our favorite celebrity home theaters, including Ryan Seacrest, Jerry Rice, and more.

Celebrities have more money than they know what to do with.

So it's no surprise that celebrity home theaters are the nicest around. Usually, there's no concern about a budget.

We are rounding up some of our favorite celebrity home theaters, including Ryan Seacrest, Jerry Rice, and more.

We're always looking for home theater installs, so if you have one you'd like us to feature, please email me at scrowe@ehpub.com.

Ryan Seacrest
The American Idol host has a screening room inside his L.A. mansion. The home theater equipment resides in the back of the room, which features four in-wall speakers and two in-wall subwoofers. Seacrest has three five-inch Crestron touchpanels and a waterproof Crestron remote at his pool to control the outdoor music system.

Jerry Rice
Perhaps the best receiver in NFL history, Jerry Rice also is a home theater enthusiast. The former 49ers star has a 10,000-watt sound system, Vidikron Vision One projector, and a 123-inch screen from Stewart Filmscreen. He also has CineLounger chairs in the 30x25-foot theater, which cost him about $200,000. Rice controls the theater with an AMX 10-inch touchpanel.

Click here to continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
for rich celebs, Steve Finley is the only one thats impressive. Adam Vinatieri and Donny Wahlbergs looks like some average AVSers places.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:32 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan View Post

for rich celebs, Steve Finley is the only one thats impressive. Adam Vinatieri and Donny Wahlbergs looks like some average AVSers places.

No joke, especially Vinatieri's place! Why would they want to do a write-up on his theater when it can hardly even be considered a "theater" at all? All it it is is a room with a projector, a screen, and some seats - nothing special. If I were a millionnaire athlete I would be embarrased to brag about a theater that looked like that!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

GGGGGGGGGG-unit!!!. Hahahaha look at 50!

Click the link to see pics of my home theater

http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/q...oom/?start=all
Old 02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Anyone notice that one person has a JVC DLP unit? Must have been custom made since JVC doesn't typically do DLP.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk View Post

Anyone notice that one person has a JVC DLP unit? Must have been custom made since JVC doesn't typically do DLP.

This must be the Lcos/DLP hybrid I dreamt about the other year.........the dlp chip is the 4th panel...............ANSI CR boooooosted!

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

As bad as I hate to say it I liked seacrest room the best, some of the others were just..blah.

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

I can't say I'm too jealous of any of the equipment per se. If we are just talking strictly the room set up in general then, I guess the nod would have to go to A.J. Burnett or Rice for me.

Seacrest has a good looking room, but doesn't give me a theater room vibe. Sure looks like a great room to chill out in though.

I don't get the C.C Sabathia setup. I know I've seen others do it too. However, I'd go mental trying to watch 5 or 6 TV's at once. Way too much going on at once to enjoy anything.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM

How about Steve Finley's over 30 zones of audio?? That's nuts.

Infected with the AVS-induced Home Theater Bug.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 AM
TRT
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Seacrest's room "looks nice", but I bet soundwaves are all over the place. That theater is begging for acoustic treatment!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhjr34 View Post

I can't say I'm too jealous of any of the equipment per se. If we are just talking strictly the room set up in general then, I guess the nod would have to go to A.J. Burnett or Rice for me.

Seacrest has a good looking room, but doesn't give me a theater room vibe. Sure looks like a great room to chill out in though.

I don't get the C.C Sabathia setup. I know I've seen others do it too. However, I'd go mental trying to watch 5 or 6 TV's at once. Way too much going on at once to enjoy anything.

I get the C.C. setup if he is a fantasy sports nut. That would be a kickass place to watch football on Sundays.

Finleys layout it ultra contemporary and looks nice, but I dont get a theater vibe from it at all. I would vote for JR's setup.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertoooo View Post

I get the C.C. setup if he is a fantasy sports nut. That would be a kickass place to watch football on Sundays.

Finleys layout it ultra contemporary and looks nice, but I dont get a theater vibe from it at all. I would vote for JR's setup.

I can see it for that reason. Wouldn't be surprised either if that was the reason for it. Me personally I'm happy with the Red Zone channel and my laptop. That is when I'm not going through the agony of watching my Redskins lose again.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhjr34 View Post

I can see it for that reason. Wouldn't be surprised either if that was the reason for it. Me personally I'm happy with the Red Zone channel and my laptop. That is when I'm not going through the agony of watching my Redskins lose again.

spend some time as a bears fan, then you will learn true agony.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I think I liked seacrest room the best due to the wood panaling and fireplace, just looked like a nice big room, but I agree it didnt have much of a theatre effect...but with a room like like I could let that slide

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 38
These theatres leave me kind of cold. I keep imagining some rich celeb sitting there by themselves...it seems kind of sad.....Citizen Kane-ish. And I think it's because these home theatres are usually not well integrated with the living space in a house. They're usually relegated to the basement.

But I could be completely off-base: maybe they have movie-watching parties every week with tons of good friends & family and have a great time and it resolves the security issues that would result if they went to a public movie theatre.

Some years ago, I got the chance to attend a party at an extremely wealthy person's house on the north shore of Long Island. I can't tell you who the person was (but it wasn't an entertainment or sports celeb), but they had a home theatre that has made an appearance in a published book about home theatre and was designed to look like another famous real classic theatre. In the lobby were sculptures created by a very famous artist whose work has appeared in the Museum of Modern Art and other places. Just the cost of one of those sculptures would be a superb budget for a fine home theatre.

But when the guy tried to demo the theatre, it became apparent that he had absolutely no idea how it worked. He had to call his kid in to help him. It was obvious to me that while maybe the kids sometimes used it, the theatre, while a show piece, was rarely used. And back then, which was before widespread adoption of HD and before Blu-ray, the picture and sound was not all that impressive, in spite of that fact that he probably spent $1 million on the theatre.

I think for a lot of people, these expensive home theatres are like the $50,000 kitchen range. It's just something that the super-rich have to have to keep up with the Joneses, but the only time the range gets used is when they have a party and the caterer uses it to heat up the food.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

All of these theaters suck. These "custom installers" are such jokes. All they do is try to get the rich person to spend as much as they can on rip off things like a kaleidascope media server and all this other crap.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM

I only liked Steve Finley's setup. All the rest were horrible. If you check the HT Construction threads on these forums it will put the celeb's theaters to shame.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
When I see some of the theater room pics in mags I never understood how you can get a theater effect with screen that is way smaller than the the width of the seating rows. These may look great in pictures but how do they sound? Once lights go off nobody cares about how your room looks, its the picture & sound that matter.

Vinod
Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 AM

HDMI has quickly become more and more important home-theater connection, which is capable of transferring 1080p HD video and uncompressed high-resolution audio in a single cable.

What is the usage of HDMI Switch?

HDMI Switch can be regarded as a program selector, that it, to select your desired HDMI source when there are a great number of sources such as Blue Ray player, Sky HD player, DVD Player, PS3 console, etc. For our common HD TV equipped only one or two interface to these sources, only with the help of HDMI switch, you may change it whenever you want.
For instance, Our Syvio mini HDMI switch is a high performance HDMI switcher with remote. Simply pressing a button on the remote you can select your desired HDMI source to be routed to a high definition display.
Switcher is tested to guarantee resolution up to 1080p without signal degradation. HDMI repeater technology is built-in for long output cables. If your cable over 15ft distance then with regular switch you would get signal degradation; however with ours signal can will be amplified to go over 60ft. That's to say, it is a perfect assistant to free you from handful work to change source.

What are the advantages of Syvio HDMI switch?

Syvio HDMI switch is a guaranteed product approved by Full HD 1080P, HDMI V.1.3, HDCP certification institution, which features smart functions.
It can sense the input source ports automatically, and bypass the port without signal. Moreover, it will switch to the last plugged input source port automatically when hot plugging.
You will find it remember the active input source port while pressing "RESET" on the remote control, and select this input source port automatically when restart.

What is the difference of 3X1, 4X1, 5X1 HDMI Switch?

Actually, the principle if 3X1, 4X1, 5X1 HDMI Switch is the same. The only difference of them is how many input ports of them. 3X1 HDMI Switch has three input ports; 4X1 has four while 5X1 has five. And they all have only one output ports.

In brief, with an HDMI switcher, you can easily add four or five inputs to an existing home-theater setup--and they all operate via IR, so you can integrate it nicely with a universal remote. You can find more information at Szprice.com