Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
17 Innovative Products at CES 2012
By Rachel Cericola
The CEA has announced its Best of Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honorees for CES 2012.

It's hard to believe, but the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is right around the corner. And we just got our first tease for the upcoming event, which runs from January 10-13, 2012 in Las Vegas.

The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has revealed its 2012 International CES Best of Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honorees.

A total of 32 consumer electronics product categories are covered, including the brand-new trend-focused categories of Tablets, e-Readers, & Netbooks, and Software & Mobile Apps.

Out of those selections, the CEA narrowed down things a little further for the Best of Innovations, which honors the products with the highest judges' scores. Expect to see these 17 products get some special treatment at the show, via the Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase.

Of course, you don't have to wait until the show to ogle over these products. We've rounded up the 17 Best of Innovations Honorees for 2012.

Click here to continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 PM

Anything on what Samsung is going too reveal? Hopefully the D9500!

Slims1179

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to get the nost from your home theater set-up.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crowe View Post

We've rounded up the 17 Best of Innovations Honorees for 2012.

Click here to continue.

if this is the 17 best of what they are bringing to CES 2012 then to me it's not going to be that good of a show. Nothing really that new or impressive to me at least.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpunisher View Post

if this is the 17 best of what they are bringing to CES 2012 then to me it's not going to be that good of a show. Nothing really that new or impressive to me at least.

I agree. Some of this stuff isn't very innovative. An integrated amp with a mirror finish? Wow... amazing. Some neat stuff in there though.

;
;

Old 11-14-2011, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 411
nothing really innovative from that bunch at all. A refresh of old ideas yes, innovative? no.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 AM

I dunno, this seems pretty sweet.

"Libratone Live
We love wrapping ourselves up in cashmere. This European company allows you to extend that courtesy to your speakers."

Up until now I've had to use double sided tape to stick cashmere sweaters to my speakers. Thanks to this revolutionary product I won't have to do that anymore
Old 11-15-2011, 05:27 AM

Liked: 148
And here I thought I was the ONLY person to do that! This is what I love about AVSForum, finding people who have the same passions that I have. The way cashmere colours the sounds makes me feel like I am living in a bowl of chocolate syrup that does not make me gain weight when I slurp it up.

Tags
Libratone
User Tag List