Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Log Home Goes High Tech
By Steven Castle
Elan, URC and Just Add Power combine to provide robust video and control options in this natural, old-time design.

It appears straight out of Bonanza, or one of those old-time western shows: A big log-hewed ranch on a hilla hark back to the past.

Looks can be deceiving, though, as this 18,000-square-foot log home in upstate New York's Taconic Hills is anything but dated. It's stuffed with all of today's high-tech amenities: a home theater with 7.1-channel surround sound, a whole-house audio system streaming Pandora music to 12 listening zones and 92 speakers, eight HDTVs, five full surround-sound systems, lighting control and a whole-house control system from Elan with in-wall touchscreens conveniently located in the kitchen and near the master bedroom.

Each of the four people who live in this house wanted to be able to control and access his or her individual DVR from any of the eight video displays.

They also asked that custom electronics firm Amenitek of Pittsfield, Mass., set up a system that would allow them to roam their expansive digs with an iPad or cordless phone without service interruption.

Click here for photos.

Click here to continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Wow, this is much more than a Log Home, at 18,000 sq ft it's a Log Ranch/Resort!
I love it.

My "modest" 2,600 sq ft loghome for comparision:

Not much about the acoustics used in the HT, just "Whether it’s the JVC Pro projector and 103-inch DaLite screen in the home theater.."
After the recent threads in the construction forum and audio forum (Comparison of small room acoustic models for home listening spaces ) I'd like to know what this high end home did for the HT acoustics.
IMO, 103" is way small for a home this size, heck I have a 130" screen.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It appears straight out of Bonanza, or one of those old-time western shows: A big log-hewed ranch on a hill—a hark back to the past.