AVS Forum banner

Worst DIY Installs Ever Part 7

15K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Hans Gruber 
#1 ·
Worst DIY Installs Ever Part 7

By CE Pro Editors
We round up some of the worst electronics kludges you will ever see.

If you think you've cleaned up a bad install, think again.

We've rounded up the worst electronics kludges from the good folks at There, I Fixed It. You may have seen the website on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

Sure most, if not all, of these people would never think about hiring a CE pro, but it helps prove the value of an installer, and the photos are fun to look at.

We're always looking for more bad installs, so snap a photo and send it to us if you come across one.

Click here to continue.

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCS /forum/post/22037271

Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, but in some of these pix I see a clever use of free material that's just hanging around.

Agreed.

I'm not sure what purpose it serves to rag on some of those setups. Yeah some of them are pretty funny, but like the ipad stand... that could be some dude's project that he's going to sell as a "Handyman's stand" or something. It's obvious, like the comment, that the photo was taking in a lightbox.

Why the elitist approach?

Oh no! Some dude with beer cans all over his floor put rubber bands around his remotes. The beer cans all over the floor should tell you something, so why treat it like it's a big joke?

#10 ·
My Father-In-Law hates to throw away anything. While dating, they had a 19" Magnavox tv sitting on top of a barely working 19" console. I don't mean just a console tv...I mean a 6' long piece of furniture, complete with built-in speakers and a flip up top with a turntable, radio and 8-track!

He did keep some cool gear, including the 1st television they owned, a still working '50s RCA TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.