post #1 of 2 Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
6 Pop Songs Great for Audio Demos
By Robert Archer
Most audiophiles dismiss the idea of demoing audio systems with pop music. Here are six pop recordings that aren't lifeless from over-compression and are ideal for audio system demos.

I recently had a discussion with a group of audio journalists about audio system demos. I said that the emotional connection with the music is more important than sound quality.

I than began to bemoan the stereotypical Diana Krall demo snoozefests the audio industry typically rolls out that make no connection with most people.

Using the Dynamic Range Database website, which analyzes and documents the dynamic range of music, I've compiled six songs from the pop music genre that people should consider using for system demos.

The Dynamic Range Database uses a rating system that assigns a number to an album. The higher the number, the more dynamic the recording is. While it doesn't rate specific songs, it does provide overall, minimum and maximum ratings for an entire album.

Click here to continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Blues In Thirds

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
+1 on Thriller. And I also agree on the Diana Krall "Peel me a Grape" "Ch'fafa" comment - as much as I like those tunes, I never have seen them as extraordinary recordings.
Reply CE Pro & Electronic House Articles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page