AVS Forum banner

Laser light shows?

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  JBLsound4645 
#1 ·
Anyone have or try those laser light generators to make images? I was thinking it would be kind of neat to use for a movie night show, but to me they just HAVE to be pretty crappy. (I'm talking about the ones you can get for a couple of hundred bucks) Anyone have one and can comment?

#2 ·
#6 ·
Hi Am Chris With Creative Laser Media & Design,

A Premier Laser Light Shows and Special Event Lighting company

We offer production

services, rentals, sales, and permanent installations. Our

technical expertise and creative mastery allow us to

professionally serve our client's production needs from

invention to execution.

Themed events, corporate meetings, Laser light show

billboards, concert performances, weddings to a Sweet 16

birthday party , we believe that a client's satisfaction and a

successful production are our greatest accomplishments.

Creative Laser Media & Design, offers a complete line of

high powered lasers and lighting that produces spectacular

laser light show effects and add that razzle dazzle and

sparkle to any event. Our Laser Entertainment, assures an

evening a most unforgettable visual experience.

Plesae Feel Free to visit us on the web "creativelasermedia" or

Call us Toll Free

1-866-767-7623

Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version Name: laser-fan-effect-255x162.jpg Views: 0 Size: 9.3 KB ID: 29000

#9 ·
#10 ·
Hey thanks! Those would be pretty cool.

I have seen some instructables on making little casings for laser pointers that creates patterns as well -although it would cost probably a lot more than $14 to make.

On a related topic (and this has nothing to do with home theater), my wife and I are designing a road rally, and using a garage to place a series of green lasers (very, very bright), with a fog machine, mirrors and IR detecting alarm circuits (that I learned how to make from instructables.com). The theme of our road rally is "Spy v. Spy" (generally, not specifically the Mad Magazine guys...), so I am using this space to make a laser maze that the participants need to traverse. If they cut a beam, they set off one of three alarms. They lose points when they hit an alarm. Should be pretty cool.

I ordered the green lasers from fleabay (straight from hong kong) and I am absolutely stunned by how bright these things are. The red laser pointers don't show up all that well in a foggy room, but the green ones are SUPER bright.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Scherrer /forum/post/14435578

Hey thanks! Those would be pretty cool.

I have seen some instructables on making little casings for laser pointers that creates patterns as well -although it would cost probably a lot more than $14 to make.

On a related topic (and this has nothing to do with home theater), my wife and I are designing a road rally, and using a garage to place a series of green lasers (very, very bright), with a fog machine, mirrors and IR detecting alarm circuits (that I learned how to make from instructables.com). The theme of our road rally is "Spy v. Spy" (generally, not specifically the Mad Magazine guys...), so I am using this space to make a laser maze that the participants need to traverse. If they cut a beam, they set off one of three alarms. They lose points when they hit an alarm. Should be pretty cool.

I ordered the green lasers from fleabay (straight from hong kong) and I am absolutely stunned by how bright these things are. The red laser pointers don't show up all that well in a foggy room, but the green ones are SUPER bright.

You got lasers but no freakin' sharks?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.