Show off your outdoor screen! - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Member
 
soundofrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too ordered screen from Carl's place - 16:9 sizi in flexiwhite material. Haven't made the screen or got the EMT tubes/pipes yet. Should I be adding total of 8 inches to the length and 8 inches to the width for the frame or the dimensions provided by Carl's place are accurate?
soundofrockets is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 3,585
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofrockets View Post
I too ordered screen from Carl's place - 16:9 sizi in flexiwhite material. Haven't made the screen or got the EMT tubes/pipes yet. Should I be adding total of 8 inches to the length and 8 inches to the width for the frame or the dimensions provided by Carl's place are accurate?
What size is your screen? It's not clear if you're saying 9' x 16' size screen or 16:9 aspect.

The short answer is yes, you add 4" to each side or 8" total to the length and height.

If you mean 9" x 16' in size, here are the instructions direct from Carl's web site. BTW, are you wanting a hanging screen or free standing? I'll post links for both in the 9" x 16" size.

Free standing:
http://www.carlofet.com/files/9x16-f...structions.pdf

Hanging:
http://www.carlofet.com/files/9x16-w...structions.pdf
b curry is offline  
post #63 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Member
 
soundofrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
What size is your screen? It's not clear if you're saying 9' x 16' size screen or 16:9 aspect.

The short answer is yes, you add 4" to each side or 8" total to the length and height.

If you mean 9" x 16' in size, here are the instructions direct from Carl's web site. BTW, are you wanting a hanging screen or free standing? I'll post links for both in the 9" x 16" size.

Free standing:
http://www.carlofet.com/files/9x16-f...structions.pdf

Hanging:
http://www.carlofet.com/files/9x16-w...structions.pdf
Size is 16' by 9' in 16:9 format. So the dimensions given on the web site are accurate ? Or do I have to make some adjustments to them. Is there a way to make the edges smooth?

I have still not finalized the projector.
soundofrockets is offline  
 
post #64 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Member
 
soundofrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofrockets View Post
Size is 16' by 9' in 16:9 format. So the dimensions given on the web site are accurate ? Or do I have to make some adjustments to them. Is there a way to make the edges smooth?

I have still not finalized the projector.
The screen will be free standing.
soundofrockets is offline  
post #65 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 3,585
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofrockets View Post
Size is 16' by 9' in 16:9 format. So the dimensions given on the web site are accurate ? Or do I have to make some adjustments to them.
Yes, they are, with some small ± variation. You would have to ask Carl's what that tolerance is. I just use their dimensions and follow the 4" rule and it works out just fine.

If you use the links I gave you, Carl's gives you the cut lengths for the EMT for that size.
Click on the link for free standing and follow the instructions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofrockets View Post
Is there a way to make the edges smooth?
I don't understand what you're asking here.
b curry is offline  
post #66 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Member
 
soundofrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
Yes, they are, with some small ± variation. You would have to ask Carl's what that tolerance is. I just use their dimensions and follow the 4" rule and it works out just fine.

If you use the links I gave you, Carl's gives you the cut lengths for the EMT for that size.
Click on the link for free standing and follow the instructions.




I don't understand what you're asking here.
Thanks. With regards to the edges my question was related to the cut ends of the EMT pipe - which I am presuming will be sharp once they are cut.
soundofrockets is offline  
post #67 of 68 Old 08-19-2017, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 3,585
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofrockets View Post
Thanks. With regards to the edges my question was related to the cut ends of the EMT pipe - which I am presuming will be sharp once they are cut.
Depends on how you cut it. If you use a hack saw or a power saw, sawzall etc. you will get some very sharp edges. A pipe cutter/conduit cutter will give you the best cut but, if you're too aggressive you will crush the conduit and have a bad edge too.

Either way, you can use a tube deburring tool or a pair of pliers to ream and a file to clean up the edge.

b curry is offline  
post #68 of 68 Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Newbie
 
JeffK1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my outdoor screen. I use rear projection. It is nice because I can keep all m equipment in garage. The screen is trapeze fabric I ordered online. The frame folds down in half so I can push it into the garage when in use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1505104582814.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	2288950   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170909_171912.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	968.0 KB
ID:	2288952   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1505104742654.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	2288954  
JeffK1234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Outdoor Theaters

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off