AVS Forum banner

Getting sound outside

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tscoff 
#1 ·
In building out my basement HT I ran some speaker cables outside, thinking that when the weather gets warmer I can add some outdoor speakers, and run a TV under an overhang. So my problem is this, I am currently using all the speakers my receiver can support and now am perplexed at how to get sound outside. Basement is set up with 7.1 and I would need to use the rear outputs and set up the receiver with a second zone but that is less than ideal as it would take time to set this up each time.

Any other ideas that will not degrade the sound quality? Have a HK AVR 635 which does support A-Bus but it appears I would need cat-5 line outside not the current speaker wire.

#2 ·
Are you planning on keeping the Sat/Cable receiver and DVD player inside? If so, I assume you are going to run super long vid cables as well?

If not, then pick up a cheapy Audio receiver off craigslist and I assume you'll put a sat/cable and/or dvd player on the shelf and bring it out for outside use as well.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5pen /forum/post/13521979

In building out my basement HT I ran some speaker cables outside, thinking that when the weather gets warmer I can add some outdoor speakers, and run a TV under an overhang. So my problem is this, I am currently using all the speakers my receiver can support and now am perplexed at how to get sound outside. Basement is set up with 7.1 and I would need to use the rear outputs and set up the receiver with a second zone but that is less than ideal as it would take time to set this up each time.

Any other ideas that will not degrade the sound quality? Have a HK AVR 635 which does support A-Bus but it appears I would need cat-5 line outside not the current speaker wire.

I've seen this many times over & have found a solution that is both quick & simple. In the past wireless speakers have been more of a thought than a reality but in todays times, technology has been trasformed into a realistic thought. We currently are buying Wireless Rock Speakers for many customers And the sound is actually superb. They are now making wireless speakers with quality. We have been getting them from a company online at http://outdoorspeakerstore.com/user/...il.php?pid=231 & I see that they just started a $40 mail in rebate offer as well. We also buy wired speakers from them but thought this would help you with your current situation.

AMAAudioDude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.