AVS Forum banner

Finally joining the 200 Club

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  victor-eyd 
#1 ·
Finally got my new panels today. 3 cardboard sandwich panels. Extremely light (about 12lbs or so) and measures 101x60 per panel or 101x180 to become a 207" 16:9 outdoor screen.

Hope my projector can handle the load
moving up from 165"

Victor

PS They were free

See less See more
#3 ·
painted white, just like the original screen

#4 ·
Victor-eyd: I am going your route. I picked up 3M foam board from Home Despot and painted them white over the weekend (by the way, Kilz2 primer works perfectly - it's very white and is very forgiving in terms of roller marks).

My screen will be four of these, 4x8, serially attached to my backyard fence (somehow - still working on that).

Anyway - here is a mockup. I plan to use cloth tape to connect the foam board together at the seams. The white is the screen, obviously. The brown is the fence. The grass is green. The sky is blue.

#6 ·
I work at a picture framing company and we regularly buy oversize matboard or foamcore/gatorboard for our business. They are usually 60x110 or similar and the cardboard panels protect the paper in the shipping box.

If you look at some framing companies you might be able to get them for free as they are considered part of the packing material and would be disposable

Steve: Good luck with your project and look foward to your pics during construction

Victor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.