Speakers and Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, two questions here that I was hoping someone would be able to answer for me regarding Outdoor Theater Systems.
1. Speakers, what's the major difference, (if any) from a decent pair of tower speakers powered by a stereo receiver compared to DJ or Club Speakers powered by an amplifier?
2. Screens: I realize that everyone has there opinion as to what is the "best" form or movie screen for outdoor viewing, however I was curious as to how a regular projection manual pull down screen would fare? I've seen a few websites that offer a nice sized screen at a very reasonable price. Is there a reason that those types should not be utilized outdoors?
Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't comment on the speakers. My experience with speakers has been that the cheaper speakers tend to sound really good outside, and perhaps it has something to do with no close reflecting walls or something. Perhaps it is just the fact that there is a lot of sensory stuff happening outside - from the air, to the party mode, to the mosquitos , etc. that everything just seems to look and sound really good.

With respect to the screen, I don't see what that would not work. The material would probably work exceptionally well, but the question is how to mount it. This is the issue, especially when you are dealing with screen sizes 16 - 20 feet wide or larger. And you are also dealing with environmental issues, such as wind (especially) that you have to be aware of.

Registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Attorney
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page