Outdoor Amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-18-2009, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for some advice on outdoor audio. We are having installed a roof over our deck to make the space more livable. Being a music lover I want to get some audio out there to enjoy while we are on the deck. I need to do this on the cheap (no more than $150 all in) as the roof/cover is not cheap. I am looking at indoor outdoor speakers that are about $50 a pair. Currently we have an older Denon integrated in the living room (adjacent to the deck) that I thought could get wire through a window to the deck and use the speaker b selection. I don't see how I can get the wire through the window without damaging the wire (or window). My wife says no drilling the wall. Next, I thought about a cheap wireless system, like the AR bucket looking speaker. Reviews of these products are pretty terrible, plus it doesn't hook up to the amp, but rather the source. Briefly considered the boombox route, with something like the Milwaukee tool boombox, but am not sure about this as it's ugly. I ran across the TIC Amp 10, (also appears under other names), this amp is supposed to be weatherproof which sounds perfect, but the reviews are mixed at best and each website that sells it seems to have a different power rating. Some max rated at 10watts total peak (makes sense as given the name) others reach 50w peak. Most complain that the TIC cannot power their speakers. Has anyone used this amp or are there others that are recommended? I have also looked at getting or building a cabinet for a regular receiver to keep on the deck. Has anyone gone this route? The deck will be covered, but I do live in Missouri, so it will be a humid environment all summer. Whatever I do, it needs to be cheap, and easy to use, as if it involves much more than turning it on and selecting a source, we won't use it as often as I would like. Thanks for your help.
Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page