Mounting LCD TV against window facing outdoors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own a sports bar, and we've got 20 big screen plasmas all around the place so every seat is a good seat. We've got a patio and customers keep requesting to be able to watch baseball games etc. on the patio. I looked into weatherproof enclosures a few years ago and decided it wasn't worth the cost.

Recently someone suggested mounting a couple TVs against some large windows we have facing outside. I think this could work, the windows face north so sunlight would not be an issue, and modern LCDs can really crank up the brightness so I think they'd look good.

The issue is, how the hell would I get them installed there? I think it would look best with the screen flush against the window as much as possible, to avoid reflections, but how could I mount it there? Other than using epoxy on the bezel and gluing them to the windows, that is My regular who owns a framing company and is the one who hung all the ceiling mounts could probably jury-rig something, but surely someone somewhere has done this before and knows a good way? Or even of a mount designed for this sort of thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I have this mount on a 47". I'm using it as a corner mount, but the arm is long enough that you could mount the base next to the set and fold it all the way out flat.
Attachment 207496Attachment 207497
LL
LL
Reply Outdoor Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page